Title: Drinking Buddies (Chamber in Handcuffs Challenge)

Author: Cassandra West

Fandom: X-men comicverse

Pairing: Logan/Jono

Status: Complete

Rating: NC-17

Archive: List archives, if you have my other fics, anyone else ask

E-mail Address for Feedback: candrawest@yahoo.co.uk

Series/Sequel: No

Acknowledgements: Thanks to Phantasmas, Johnny, and Azurine for the beta. And Wyrd, I finally finished it. And thanks to Rabid and Rebop for getting me hooked on the Gothboy in the first place, hope you guys enjoy this.

Disclaimers: Much as I would love my very own Jono and Logan (and Hank and Remy and Kurt, oh my, I think I need to lie down), they are not mine, they belong to Marvel. I am
getting no profit out of this other than the warm fuzzies of knowing that I can handle this pairing to my satisfaction.

Notes: Belated (very belated) answer to Charlotte's Chamber in Handcuffs challenge on XMenslash, and hey, I just wanted to see if I could manage Logan/Jono. Oh, and that introductory panel in Uncanny X-Men #395 just begged for slashing these two. I mean God, lighting a cigar off the kid's psi-fire is just too bloody intimate even for Logan's admittedly odd perspective on appropriate behaviour. Or at the very least there needs to be an explanation for why Jono didn't thump or blast him. But that being said, this really doesn't fit anywhere with
continuity except for Jono now being in the Big Leagues, of course none of the individual books fit with continuity either these days, so what do you expect. Oh, and text like **this** is telepathy and like ~this~ is thoughts.

Summary: You're a big, bad Wolverine and all of your usual drinking buddies are out of town, who do you invite along for company? Why, the one person physically incapable of drinking themselves sick and throwing up on your shoes, of course. But what happens when you go out drinking with a Cajun prone to over-indulgence and a Gothboy prone to telepathic drunkenness?

Warnings: m/m sex (which you should know if you got this far), bondage (it *was* written as an answer to the Chamber in handcuffs challenge after all), BDSM (entirely consensual and no blood or permanent damage, just some bruising), mild angst (it's Jono, what can I say?), some
swearing (it's Jono and Logan, like they're gonna keep it clean)


DRINKING BUDDIES
by Cassandra West

 

"Hey kid, wanna go to Harry's with me tonight?"

That was how it started, Logan tossing out the question from the doorway of the Rec Room, looking for someone to go out drinking with. Not that he wasn't just as happy to go alone, just that he liked some company, some *select* company on Saturday nights. Hank had some new research that he simply couldn't justify leaving, Remy was off doing whatever it was that was keeping him out of Westchester this time, and Kurt was visiting Kitty at college.

At least Jono was guaranteed not to drink himself stupid and leave Logan with a sick, miserable kid to cart back to the mansion. Logan also figured that Jono could manage to tell the difference between when he felt talkative and when he just wanted to drink in peace, unlike most of the people at the mansion. He only asked because he felt like some company that night and all of his usual drinking buddies were busy.

So he asked the kid, not really expecting him to say yes, but offering just the same. Didn't seem like there could be much that would be more boring than sitting in a bar unable to drink, but he could offer.

**Sure, I guess.** Obviously sitting at home in the mansion on a Saturday night qualified as more boring.

They walked to the garage and Logan stopped, considering which vehicle to take. "Got a problem with the Harley?"

**Fine by me.**

So they rode out to the bar, Logan driving, Jono holding onto the passenger handles on the bike. At least the kid knew something about riding pillion, leaning into the turns and all. They talked about nothing much for a while at the bar until Logan asked a question. "Hey, kid, not that I'm complaining, but what's the point for you? You're good company and all, but why would ya wanna go out to a bar when ya can't drink?"

**Couple o' reasons I guess. Me old band used ter play in pubs, so it's kinder comf'terble ter be back in one. More interestin' than sittin' at th' mansion. Comp'ny's not bad. And I do get some benefits from it, even if I can't drink. Talkin' ter yer means that I can't have me TP shields all the way up and I 'ave a tough time shieldin' from people I know an'way. Plus, I share drug effects when I'm around people usin' 'em. Was 'ell thee first few times I went out in public after me manifestation, 'ntil I got better at shieldin' from strangers, walk past a random drunk, start staggerin' 'nd slurrin',** Jono said with a mental chuckle.

"Never heard of that happening to a telepath b'fore, kid. So what do ya get from my drinkin'?"

**'Bout the same as yer, I'd guess, pleasantly relaxed, but not even tipsy. No one else had ever heard of a teep doing it either, you can just imagine how Sean and Em reacted. 'Fore this,** he gestured to the bandages, **I used ter be a contact drunk. Emma thinks it might have been the teep manifesting mildly. 'S different now though. Then I'd be perfectly aware of what I was doin' 'nd that I wasn't drunk, now I can get completely tanked just by bein' around people who are.**

"God help ya if anyone in the mansion ever goes on a serious bender, kid."

Jono chuckled again, **Yeah, an' anyone 'round me. 'Ave a nasty 'abit of projectin' ter just about ever'one I've spoken ter all day.**

"Could be amusing."

**That's one word for it.**

Logan raised an eyebrow, "Not the word you'd use, kid?"

Jono shrugged, **Can be kinder embarrassin'. Tend ter talk a lot, not always about things I want ev'ryone ter know. Get horny too, which can lead ter some red faces in th' mornin'. Sean learned right quick 'at if 'e wanted ter tie one on he should do it over at his cottage so I'd be out of proximity.**

Both of Logan's eyebrows shot up. "Ya're not tellin' me you made a pass at Banshee, are ya kid?"

Jono laughed, **No, Sean's not my type, but I did come on ter Paige pretty strongly, and let thee whole of Gen X in on th' conversation, includin' Sean an' Emma.** Still laughing, Jono cocked an eyebrow, **Yer really think I'd tell yer if I come on to me 'eadmaster, Logan? I mean, tellin' yer about me public embarrassment is one thing, but that ain't somethin' I'd be likely ter share. Or survive ter share, or come to that survive if 'e found out I'd shared. So no, never made a pass at Sean.**

"Didn't think ya'd be valuing your life much if ya shared such a thing , but with the way the conversation was goin', I thought ya might actually manage ta shock me."

**I would have thought that big, bad Wolverine was pretty much unshockable,** Jono sent with a snicker.

"Big difference between pretty much and completely, kid. Would've changed my whole perspective on ya, bub."

Jono met his gaze, **How, exactly?**

Logan looked at him, kid had suddenly gotten wary. It didn't take a genius to figure out why, though enhanced senses probably helped. "'Cause I never pictured ya as suicidal, kid. And I know Banshee. While we're both exaggeratin' and he wouldn't actually kill ya, he'd make ya
wish he had. And he's about last on the list of men I'd expect ya ta go for." Logan laughed as Jono's eyebrows shot up to be hidden by his hair. "Kid, I got enhanced senses and I watch my team-mates. I've known you batted for both teams practically since ya got here. If I had a problem with it, ya would've known by now."

Jono relaxed a bit, **That obvious, am I?**

"Nah, not obvious at all. I just pay attention. Doubt anyone else knows. And it wouldn't matter if they did. Most of us have been through enough that we figure that if people can find happiness or even enjoyment together, more power to 'em, long as they don't hurt other people.
Surprised Sean and Emma didn't teach you kids that."

Jono crinkled his eyes in his version of a smile. **'Ere was the public facade to keep up, 'at we were just an upper crust private school. Can't see too many ov the regular student's parents bein' very keen on Emma sharing her perspectives on sex. 'Nd I think they figured they'd sort
it out if there was a reason to.** He shrugged again. **Subject never came up. I was only ever interested in Paige, ev'ryone else was either straight, celibate, or like me, currently only interested in someone of thee opposite sex.** He looked at the pool tables, noticing one was free. **Care ter take a break from th' deep thoughts with a game ov pool?**

"Sure kid. But if you think these are deep thoughts, you got a rude awakening coming."

So they played a few games, Logan drank some more. They were still there when Harry started to close up for the night. On the ride home, Jono tapped Logan's shoulder to get his attention. Not really necessary, but most people were more comfortable when you followed standard
conversational rules if you could. **Can we pull over, Logan?**

Logan pulled the bike over to the side of the road. "Sure kid, how come? Since I know it can't be motion sickness or that ya have ta piss."

**Nah,** Jono sent as he climbed off the bike, **I like ter flare off some of me psi-fire before I go to bed. Seeing as how the road's deserted right now, I figured I'd get it over with b'fore we got back ter th' mansion.** He started unfastening the bandages.

"Fine, I'll just have a smoke," Logan said, pulling out a cigar. Once Jono had undone the bandages, Logan reached out a hand to the edge of the green flares around the boy. He drew his hand back with a slight hiss as his fingers blistered from the heat.

**Don't *do* that,** Jono sent with a slight yellow flare before the fire settled back to green. **It burns. But then I guess yer already figured that one out.**

"Didn't expect heat. Was just curious what it felt like."

**Asking would have gotten thee answer wivvout th' pain.** An orange core to the psi-fire and Logan could smell tension of some sort off the kid.

"A little pain is good for a body. And ya didn't hurt me kid, I did it to myself." He held up his hand to show the healed skin, "It's gone now anyway."

**Just don't do it again. I've hurt too many people. Don't want to add to the tally,** Jono sent softly, psi-fire going deep blue.

"Ya gonna flare it off kid, or ya gonna stand here all night? Why do ya do it anyway?"

Jono turned away, letting the psi-fire rise, visibly letting go of the control. **'Ad me a couple of explosive flare-ups. 'Oped 'at letting off some ov thee pressure would keep it from 'app'nin' again.** He shrugged, **Don't know if it works or not, but I figured it was worth a try.**

Logan leaned in as the flames rose, cigar clamped firmly in his teeth, lighting it off the kid's energy. Jono turned to glare at him, flames orange, with a look of pure hatred. Then he stepped back, the psi-fire going a deep scarlet. **I'm not your ruddy cigarette lighter, mate,** he sent,
glare from the psi-fire not quite hiding a blush.

"I figured if you're flaring it off, I might as well make use of it kid. Didn't mean ta embarrass ya. Won't do it again if it bothers ya so much." He watched as the flares shifted from crimson to a royal purple. /Like watching a living mood ring./ Jono had moved downwind of him, meaning
he couldn't tell what emotion went with the colour. He felt a surprising surge of relief when the kid shrugged.

**'Sokay, I guess, just not used ter lettin' people see it, much less having some piker light a cigar off it.**

Logan settled down at the base of a tree and smoked his cigar while he waited for the kid to finish. He watched in awed silence as the energy poured from the kid's chest, dancing ribbons of light, mostly purple right now, but with occassional flashes of other colours. He almost expected to feel the biting arctic cold that usually accompanied nights clear enough for the Northern lights, because that was what it reminded him of. ~And you hide it, never let most people see it. Anyone who ever told you it's anything other than beautiful and awe-inspiring should be shot. You testing me, kid, or do you trust me?~ He somehow knew that whatever the reason Jonothan had allowed him to see it, the kid wouldn't be open to any comments on the subject, so he stayed silent, feeling a twinge of regret when the light tapered off and Chamber reasserted his control.

After a while, Jono refastened the bandages and sat down facing him. **Sorry ter be such a bloody pillock,** he sent softly.

Logan snorted, "Everyone's entitled on occasion." He took a long, slow drag off the cigar, then said with a smirk, "Don't make a habit of it."

So it continued in the following weeks, the offer tossed casually from the doorway of the rec room, just as casually accepted, a ride on the Harley down to Harry's, drinking and talking and pool, and then the stop on the way home. Logan noticed that more and more often on these road-side stops Jono's psi-fire would be deep purple, but the kid seemed to find every possible way of staying downwind and keeping him from pinning an emotion to that colour.

Jono slowly opened up on their later trips, relaxing enough to answer rather than deflect Logan's occassional questions about his parents, his manifestation, and his powers. His parents were so absent and distant as to be virtually non-existent, had in effect disowned him when they found
out he was a mutant. He'd manifested explosively in his girlfriend's flat, destroying the apartment and injuring her. She'd probably never walk again. And his powers were unpredictable, extremely difficult to control, to the point that he'd blown up a building back at the school in
Massachusettes when Paige had surprised him with a kiss.

All of this was told candidly, with genuine sorrow but without self-pity, accepting that Logan would neither blame nor pity him. Logan found himself developing an odd affinity and genuine affection for the kid. He could understand better than most the guilt and pain that accompanied hurting someone you loved and the fear that followed.

Then Remy came back from whatever had been keeping him away. Jono had obviously expected that would be the end of the trips. Logan's usual drinking buddy was back, there
was no need for the substitute anymore. His eager acceptance of the offer the next Saturday brought a chuckle from Wolverine, "I don't ditch my friends just 'cause another friend is back in town, bub. But we're takin' the jeep tonight. Kinda hard for two people to ride pillion on one bike and the Cajun ain't gonna be in any condition ta ride home. He never is."

**Wouldn't think yer'd want ter go out drinkin' wiv someone 'oo can't get 'imself home,** Jono sent, suddenly seeming hesitant. Logan could practically see him weighing the pros and cons. Kid probably had a thing for Gambit, like half the rest of the free world and was worried about his habit of coming on strong when he was drunk. He'd almost certainly end up more drunk with the both of them along than he did with just Logan. He briefly considered asking the boy how the telepathic drunkenness worked when there was more than one person around who he might get drunk off of, then figured that the kid probably didn't have enough experience around more than one drinker to know. He also considered reassuring the boy that he'd stop him if he was
coming on too strong, but decided that might embarrass him and it was better to just keep an eye on the other two without announcing it.

"Ah, Gumbo's not bad, he drinks himself stupid, but not sick or miserable. And part of the reason he does it is that he knows either Harry or I will make sure he gets home in one piece. Or into a bed at least. An' he's a fun drunk. Now come on."

They got to the bar, got the usual nod from Harry, and got the usual table. Those were the only usual things that happened that night. As Remy got merrily sloshed, Jono showed that however his telepathy handled multiple drinking partners, it got him too damn drunk for his own or anyone else's good.

Logan started a bit at Jono's hand on his knee in the middle of an amusing telepathic ramble. Kid very rarely touched anyone. But that hand was definitely creeping. ~Well old man, kid did warn you that he gets horny when he's drunk. You just never expected it to be directed at
you, did ya?~ Logan moved the hand off his leg with uncharacteristic gentleness. ~We're not goin' there bub, not while you're drunk and anything looks good. Maybe if you made the offer sober.~

~Yeah old man, like that'd happen,~ was the response from a more realistic part of his mind.

By last call Logan wanted nothing more than to get Remy and Jono back home. The past few hours of gentle, insistent groping and quiet telepathic statements of what Jono wanted to do and have done to him had severely tested the extent of Logan's honour. He could think of nothing he'd like better than to take Jono up on his offer, but he refused to take advantage of the younger man. ~When'd you start thinking of him as a man bub? Two hours ago he was just
the kid.~

~That was before the last two hours of having described to me in exquisite detail exactly what he would do to me, with me, and for me if I said yes to his offer. Never met anyone whose desires meshed that neatly with my own.~

~Listen to yourself old man, Chamber's a telepath, he was probably picking up what you liked and too damn horny and stupid drunk to realise that it's not what he likes or wants.~

~Didn't feel him pryin', but then again for all I know I could be projectin' loud and clear what I want to do to him. Really wishing I'd asked him a bit more about how he acts drunk. Like whether he gets so horny he'd agree to anything just to get laid, or if he just loses his
inhibitions about asking for what he actually wants.~ They stuck around until they were the last patrons, not because Logan wanted to drag every last bit of enjoyment out of the evening as he usually did, but because he wanted Harry's help getting the two drunks to the Jeep. He gladly handed Jono over to Harry, having no desire to add to his frustration by practically carrying the young man. Putting Remy in the front seat was another case of simple expediency; Remy wasn't gonna do something intensely distracting, like try to give him a hand job while he was driving.

He hadn't figured on how intensely distracting Jono could be even seated behind him. Though seated was a bit of a stretch for what the situation actually was. Jono was kneeling in the back, directly behind the driver's seat, nuzzling at the back of Logan's neck and head, groping anywhere he could reach.

"Hey bub, wanna stop that?" he finally asked in a strangled voice. "Don't particularly wanna drive us into a ditch or wrap us around a tree."

"T'ink de petit likes you, mon ami," Remy slurred from the passenger seat. "Never known you t' turn down a willing partner, cher."

"The petit is drunk off his ass thanks ta ya, Gumbo and I'm not convinced he'd be willing if he were sober."

"Poor ol' Wolverine an' his sense of honour. Won't take advantage o' someone t'rowin' demselves at him."

"Ya're one ta talk Gumbo, I've seen ya do exactly the same thing. And he's a team mate, I'd like ta be able ta face him in the mornin'." ~Not ta mention bein' able ta face myself.~

Logan slowed the Jeep down to a crawl when it became evident that Jono wasn't going to stop his attentions and Remy was too amused by the whole situation to intervene. It might take three times as long to get home, but at least they'd be reasonably likely to get home. Unfortunately, it
also meant that he spent three times as long enduring the slow, exquisite torture of Jono's nuzzling and groping, not to mention his sweet, husky psi-voice detailing even more desirable pursuits. ~He told ya he comes on strong, old man. He wasn't kidding. Oh boy, was he not kidding.~

When Logan finally got them back to the mansion, he stopped to think about things. It figured this would be one of those nights that Remy had gotten himself so drunk that he couldn't even get up to his room by himself, and Jono certainly wouldn't make it up the stairs on his own.
"Jonothan... Jono... Kid... Chamber... Jon..." Logan stumbled to find something to call the younger man that wasn't distant or diminutive. "I want you to sit on the steps and wait for me, I'm gonna get Gumbo tucked away safe in his bed, then I'll be back down for you," ~'Cause if I
take you up first, Gumbo might be God knows where before I get back. I can't see you makin' it easy for me ta leave ya alone in your room.~

When he got back to the front steps, he found Jono walking around with far less stagger in his gait than he'd had previously. "Hey, bub, I told ya ta sit and wait for me. What're ya doin' up and about?"

**Just clearin' me 'ead a bit, Logan. Once yer got Remy up some stairs and a bit further away, I started ter sober up.** He sighed, **Gods, I made a fool of meself ternight, didn't I?**

"Nah, ya'd warned me, it's my own damn fault I didn't consider that it might happen. But if ya're startin' ta feel better, I might just have a cigar before makin' sure ya get upstairs safely," Logan said, fishing one out of his pocket.

**I don't need a ruddy baby-sitter, mate. I can get ter me own room just fine. 'M still drunk, but not as drunk as I was.**

"Humour me then, bub." He searched around in his pockets for a lighter, scowling when he couldn't find one.

**Yer stopped bringin' one along ter 'Arry's weeks ago. Yer scab lights at the bar and light one off me on the way 'ome.** Logan knew his surprise must have registered on his face because Jono chuckled softly. **You're not the only one capable of observation, Logan. C'mere. If yer still talkin' ter me after the bar, then the least I can do is play walkin' cigar lighter fer yer again. Promise I'll keep me 'ands ter meself,** he sent as he unfastened the bandages.

Logan noticed that once again Jono's psi-fire was a deep purple, the one colour that he'd seen and not yet been able to pin down. He'd figured out what some of the colours meant by context and some by scent, but Jono had always thwarted his attempts with this one. There wasn't a breath of wind that night, and as he leaned in to light the cigar he got a noseful of lust. He sat back down on the steps and looked at the other man as he redid the black wrappings. "Hey bub, your psi-fire, it changes colour with your emotions, don't it?"

Jono looked at him with an expression of mild confusion. **Yeah, it does. Why do yer ask? Wouldn't think yer'd need ter.**

"Ya told me once that askin' would get the answer without pain. So I'm askin'. I don't want to take a chance on miscommunications with this. What's purple mean?"

Jono flushed. **Means I'm 'orny as all get out,** he sent, looking away.

"But it's been..." ~It's been purple at least part of the time just about every time you've seen it since that first trip ta Harry's, old man.~ "Why didn't ya say somethin'?"

**I'm not suicidal, remember? Yer like women and things that look pretty. And I'm not exactly either. I liked the nights at 'Arry's too much ter risk throwin' them away fer somethin' wot wouldn't 'appen anyway,** Jono sent as he refastened the bandages.

"C'mere Jon." Jono's eyebrows shot up at the use of his name, rather than any of Logan's usual diminutive nicknames, but he walked over to Logan anyway. Once he was close enough, Logan grabbed the younger man's hand and pressed it tightly to the front of his jeans. "That's what
ya been doin' ta me all night, bub. I'm not straight. I like what I like and don't care about the packaging. And as ta likin' pretty things, I got my own standards, and ya fit them. As ta enjoyin' the nights at Harry's, I told ya, ya're good company. As long as that's the case, doesn't matter who ya're hot for." He bucked once against Jono's hand, then released it. "Just one more question, Jon. All that stuff ya been sayin' all night... is that what ya really like? Or were ya pickin' up on my likes and tryin' ta get laid?"

Jono looked at him and cocked his head in thought, his brow wrinkling as he tried to recall what he'd said through the drunken haze he'd been in. **Ev'rything I remember sayin' is wot I like. Don't 'ave much basis for comparison, but I think I only say wot I like. Was def'nitely a time or two that I said sommat 'at thee person I was wiv didn't find int'restin'. Don't think I've ever claimed ovver people's desires when I been drunk. Think I just say wot I'm interested in wiv thee person 'm talkin' ter.**

He reached out with the hand that wasn't on Logan to grab the older man's free hand and press it to his own erection, giving Logan's a light squeeze as he did. **'At's wot yer've been doin' ter me ever since the first night we went ter 'Arry's.**

He stepped back, pulling his hand away and releasing Logan's. He met Logan's gaze, hunching his shoulders a bit in his leather duster. **Now yer know. Wot yer do wiv what yer know is up ter yer.** Logan looked at him with compassion and more than a little lust. Jono looked like
he was bracing for rejection, but his shoulders were set in determination to find out once and for all what the situation was.

"Ya still drunk?"

**Not enough ter matter.**

"Then get your ass over here and get your hand back on my dick, Jon. If ya're sober enough ta let me say no, ya're sober enough that I can say yes and still face ya in the mornin'. Now keep me occupied while I finish my cigar," he said, leaning back against the step above him, stretching
his legs out in front of him, giving Jono full access to his groin. As Jono returned his hand to its earlier position, Logan shook his head. "I said get your hand on my dick, not my pants, bub." Jono looked at him, cocked an eyebrow, and then opened the button and zipper to slide his
hand inside, gently grasping Logan's cock, squeezing and stroking.

**Aintcher afraid someone might see us?**

"It's nearly three in the morning, Jon. Anyone comin' out those doors at this hour deserves what they see. As soon as I finish this cigar, we're gonna go down to the Danger Room and yahr gonna make good on some a those offers you been makin' all night. Ya know 'bout safewords, right?" When he saw Jono's nod he continued. "Good. I like things simple, so your safeword is 'safeword'. Got it, bub?"

Jono's eyes crinkled in his version of a smile. **Got it. Do yer do slow words too?** he asked as he continued his attention to Logan's cock, brushing his thumb lightly across the head.

Logan bucked his hips and groaned. "You got good hands, Jon. Don't find much need for slow words. My nose lets me know whether my partner is tense, safewords and my instincts usually let me distinguish between an 'I'm coping with this' tense and a 'this needs to stop' tense. When I
do use them, it's the same story, I keep it simple, I'll slow down if you say slow word." He finished his cigar and stubbed it out on the steps. "Ya're in for a wild ride and I want it to last, so take the edge off. Make me cum, boy."

Jono pushed Logan's jeans further down and adjusted his grip, then reached his other hand down to caress Logan's balls. He leaned in and began nuzzling at Logan's neck and jaw, murmuring huskily in his telepathic voice, talking dirty, promising future delights. He slicked the precum over Logan's cock and stroked harder, rubbing and squeezing the older man's cock and balls, teasing his thumb over the perineum. He chuckled deeply when this had the effect of
making the other man gasp and cum over his hand. **Yer weren't lyin' about needin' ter take the edge off, were yer?** He kept nuzzling at Logan and wiped his hand on his own shirt then let his hands wander over the older man's chest, jumping when Logan slapped his ass sharply.

"Don't get sassy, boy. Might get yourself more than you bargained for," Logan said as he stood up and refastened his jeans, noticing the desire that leapt in Jono's eyes at the threat. "You *are* a slut, aren't you, boy?" He twined his hand in Jono's wild hair and pulled him to his
feet, giving him just enough slack to be able to obey rather than be dragged, then used the height advantage of being on the next step higher to lean in and bite his ear. He pulled Jono along to the door by virtue of the hand in his hair, enjoying having the younger man off balance
thanks to the height difference. "Let's get that slutty ass of yours down to the Danger room so we can have some fun," he said as he dragged *his* boy inside.

**Not that I'm complainin' mind yer, but why the Danger Room... Sir?** Jono asked as they exited the elevator, adding the term of respect when Logan's hand tightened and twisted in his hair.

"Got my reasons, only some of which you need to know. First one is that my room is close enough to Gumbo's that if I take ya upstairs, ya'll likely get drunk again. Second, Chuck lets us get away with a certain number of unauthorised programs. The other reasons, well, you tell
me what ya think they are when we're done," Logan said as he pulled the younger man down the hall.

When they got to the Danger Room, Logan keyed in a program code and made a few adjustments, then dragged Jono inside. Once the doors had closed and locked, he placed his hand on Jono's hip and shifted his weight, knocking the younger man off his feet and gently lowering him to the floor then stepping back.

"Got some rules for ya, Jon. Ya don't look away from me, ya keep eye contact with me unless ya have ta break it ta obey me or I give ya permission. Everything ya are is in your eyes, they're one of your most expressive features. I've watched ya, ya always look away from people when you don't want them ta know what your thinking or feeling. Not with me. Not when we do this. Understand?" Jono flicked his eyes away for a second, then returned to Logan's gaze and nodded. Logan was at his side in an instant, obviously faster than Jono had expected him to move from the surprised look he got. He wrapped his hand tightly in the younger man's hair, yanking his head back, leaning in, pinning Jono with his gaze. "What did I just say?"

Jono stopped himself from blinking or looking away, but only just. Logan could read the embarrassment in his eyes. **Yer said I'm not ter break eye contact wivvout your permission.** Logan watched as the younger man fought to avoid closing his eyes from... shame? Probably shame. Jonothan seemed to expect to be thrown away the instant he failed to live up to the impossible standards he set for himself. Someone taught the young man that he had no value, making him constantly waver between desperate need for acceptance and surly refusal to try to get close to anyone. The surliness usually won out. ~And how familiar is that, old man?~ When he 'spoke' again, it was so soft that Logan almost missed it, tinged with sorrow and regret, **'M sorry, Sir.**

Logan released his grip on Jono's hair and crouched down beside him, speaking softly, as though to gentle a frightened horse. It was a surprisingly fitting comparison. With his big brown eyes, long, lean form, and skittishness around people, Jonothan seemed almost like an ill-used thoroughbred. "We only do this if it's what you want, Jon. And I'll only ever tell ya ta do somethin' I believe you can handle. I'll push your limits, hurt ya in ways we both enjoy, and quite possibly do things ya'd rather I didn't. But I won't *hurt* ya, won't damage ya, won't do anything without your consent. But I can't do *this*, any of this, if ya hide yourself from me. You hide from everyone. Are ya scared of me?"

Jono's eyes went wide in confusion and surprise, **No, ov course not. I wouldn' be 'ere if I were scared of yer.**

"Do ya trust me?"

Jono looked at him, forehead crinkling even more in confusion. **I wouldn' call yer Sir if I dinn't.**

Logan moved a few feet from Jono and sat back down. "Then don't hide from me, Jon. If ya don't trust me enough ta let me see who ya are, ya don't trust me enough ta be doin' this. I've done the meaningless sex thing, and the sex without trust thing. I don't want that anymore. I don't think it's what you want either. Think about it and tell me what you decide." Jono shifted position so he could clasp his arms around his knees, then looked away before remembering and dragging his gaze back to Logan, who shook his head. "No rules, bub. Not until you decide if you want what I can give ya."

Jono closed his eyes and laid his head on his knees, his wariness readily apparent. It wasn't a surprise, the young man had obviously been hurt bad, possibly too bad to ever give the level of trust Logan was asking for. **I... I don't know if I can do that. Never thought ov it as 'iding. Been doin' it so long.** He raised his head and looked at Logan searchingly before sending **I don't want ter 'ide from yer. I can try. I want 'is. I want *you*.**

"I don't want ya ta try, bub. I want ya ta do it." He moved closer and gently traced his thumb along Jono's fine cheekbone. "I'm not expectin' ya ta manage it all the time, and I'll understand and forgive ya if ya mess up, but no trying. No one ever says that they'll try ta do somethin' they think they can do, that they want to do. Can ya do that?" At Jono's slightly hesitant and worried
nod he smiled. "Close yahr eyes, then."

When Jono obeyed, Logan lightly traced his fingers along the lines of the younger man's face and over his eyelids, then traced along the bandages. He snikt out a claw and smiled when Jono tensed slightly but remained still. The completely open look of awareness of danger but total trust in him that was visible on the remaining portion of Jonothan's face did things to him that he'd never expected. He wanted to own and cherish this soul. He ran the back of the claw over the lines of Jono's face and nearly came in his pants when the younger man shifted slightly to feel
more of the metal claw. ~Thank the gods I had him give me that hand job. Wouldn't have been able to endure that sight.~ The raw power he had and the utter submission and acceptance Jono gave so trustingly combined into a heady mixture.

He snapped the claw back in and pushed the leather duster off Chamber's shoulders and completely off of him, leaving it puddled on the floor. "Second rule: you kneel unless I tell you otherwise or place you in another position." Jono nodded, eyes still closed, and began to move to obey. "Not quite yet, boy." Logan sat in front of him and pulled off the younger man's boots and socks. "Now, get on your knees." When Jono had obeyed, Logan quickly unfastened and
removed the other man's belt, then released one claw and carefully cut away his clothing, tossing the rags to the side. He felt a surge of pleasure at the wordless acceptance of the action and the shiver that shot through Jonothan at the touch of his claw. "Yahr beautiful, boy. Look at me."

He just stood for a while after Jono opened his eyes, letting him read the desire and appreciation on his own face. "I want ya ta take the bandages off, Jon. I want ta see all of ya and have access ta yahr back. Can ya do that? I know how much it scares ya, but can ya do that for me?" He saw the fear in Jono's eyes, and smiled again when it was replaced by consideration of the request.

**Please,... Can I look away? I need to think, Sir.**When Logan nodded, Jono looked around the room, finally looking at the rags of his clothes on the floor. **Innit it a bit late fer this? If I say no,... 'at I can't do that...**

"Then I'm still gonna fuck you, still do the things to ya that you talked about all night. I'm not gonna blackmail ya into doing things ya don't want to by tellin' ya it's all or nothin'. That's abuse, it takes away consent. I promised ya we wouldn't do anything ya don't consent to, and I meant it. I'm askin' ya ta do it, not tellin' ya."

Jono looked at the pile of former clothes for a while, then around the room again before looking back at Logan and slowly, with fumbling fingers, unfastening the bandages and shrugging them off. Logan saw and smelled his fear, the psi-fire casting them in a yellow glow. He walked over and extended his hand to the younger mutant. "Stand up," he said, helping him to his feet. "Yah're not gonna hurt me Jon. I won't let that happen. Close yahr eyes." He traced his fingers along the very edge of Jono's skin where it met the psi-fire. He didn't speak, just touched,
watching to see the reaction. He slowly and deliberately traced and touched every inch of skin normally covered by bandages, front and back, smiling to himself as Jono's trembling eased.

When he looked again, he saw that the yellow had been replaced by a tranquil green. He placed a hand on Jono's shoulder and squeezed slightly, telling him to stay where he was, then went to the control panel to dim the lights, letting the younger man's psi-fire partially illuminate the room. He walked around behind Jono and wrapped an arm around his waist, careful to keep his arm and hand away from the psi-fire. He fondled and stroked Jono's cock and balls, then grabbed him by the hair and pulled him down to latch his mouth onto the back of the other man's neck. He bit and sucked, marking his slut, his toy. He pulled back at a moan from the younger man, grinning when he saw the hickey form on the pale, pale skin. "Gonna mark you up
good tonight, boy. Ya're mine now. And it doesn't matter that no one else will see it, ya'll know. Won't you, Jon?" He let go of Jono's hair and brought his hand down to tease and fondle the younger man's ass.

Jono pressed back toward the hand on his ass. **Oh yes, Sir, I'll know I'm yours,** he sent, his psi-voice husky with desire. Logan teased a finger around Jono's hole and chuckled as the psi-fire flared, bathing the room in purple light. **Sir,...** Jono sent hesitantly, **I'd like ter
ask a question...**

"Go on and ask it, boy."

**Why do yer want ter see me psi-fire... I understand about me back, but yer said yer wanted ter see that too. Why?**

"Two reasons. One, it's like yahr eyes, expressive. Ya can't hide anything when I can see it. Two, it's beautiful, boy, as spectacular as the Aurora borealis and as stunning as diamond dust."

**I know about the auroras, but wot's diamond dust?**

Logan chuckled and sat down. "C'mere. If we're gonna do story time, we're gonna do it properly." He patted his lap and once Jono was comfortably settled, continued, stroking the younger man's back as he talked, watching the play of light from his chest. "Close yahr eyes and try to see it from my memories." He waited until he felt the telepathic brush of Jono's mind, then called up the memory and tried to put it into words. "Some nights in the interior it gets so cold that the humidity drops to almost nothing. The water vapour freezes out of the air, and it falls. But it's light, separate crystals, so it's almost suspended in the air. Wherever there's any light for it to reflect, the sky sparkles. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, maybe even the most beautiful. It's the purest snow ya can get because there's no space for impurities. And in the morning, after diamond dust has fallen, ya can go out and if ya look closely ya can see individual crystals, every one different. I might hafta take ya up there sometime so ya can see it."

Jono was silent for a while. When he spoke, his psi-voice was touched with awe. **I remind yer of that?** he asked quietly.

"Yeah, boy, ya do."

**But it's fuckin' gorgeous.**

"Look in a mirror sometime, Jon." Jono dropped his head and looked at the floor, his psi-fire going scarlet, then even more intensely purple than before.

**Gonner take some gettin' used ter, Sir.**

"Ya've got all the time in the world, boy. Ya'll get used ta it." Logan grabbed Jono's hips and bucked upwards once, reminding them both why they were there. "Go over to the wall, kneel, close yahr eyes, and wait for me," he said, pushing at Jono's shoulder a little. When the younger man obeyed, he went to gather some items from a chest in the corner and adjust the controls again.

He hoped that Chamber wouldn't think he was too cruel or safeword at what he intended to do. He wanted to banish, at least for a time, the self-doubt and disgust he sensed so often from the young man, the things he suspected had been there so long that his body considered them normal and even his psi-fire didn't react to them. Logan was going to show his boy that he had value and deserved to be treasured and cherished, if Jonothan would let him. ~Going soft, old
man.~

~Who cares? He's hurting. Maybe I can show him he doesn't need to.~

~And when precisely did this become more than a roll in the hay? For all of your talk about meaningless sex and sex without trust, you weren't planning a relationship when you asked him if he was still drunk out on the front steps.~

~Don't know when, but it was definitely more by the time he took those bandages off for me. For *me*. Because I asked him to.~

Logan put most of the items he'd gathered on the table he'd included in the program for his convenience and walked over to Jono. "Give me your hand." He snapped one end of a set
of handcuffs on the outstretched wrist and gently pulled. "Over here." Jono followed on his knees, keeping his eyes closed as ordered, trusting and obeying. Logan led him over a short distance to the area he'd set up.

He guided Jono into position and slid the chain of the cuffs through the low bar set there before securing the young man's other wrist with the cuffs. He stepped back for a moment, savouring the sight of the man before him. Jono on his knees, bent forward, arms supported by a low
box, chained to a bar set in the box. He looked at the mirror set into the wall a few feet in front of the tableau and considered changing the program. Asking Jono to look at himself, trying to get him to realise he wasn't a monster, that he was anything but hideous might hurt him even more. He walked back over and ran his hand down Jono's back, smiling when the younger man arched up to his hand. "Ya trust me not ta hurt ya, boy?"

**Of course, Sir.**

"Then open yahr eyes and look at what's in front of ya." Jono opened his eyes and kept his head down while he waited for his eyes to adjust to the light, then looked forward. Logan felt him flinch away from his reflection, and continued rubbing his back, calming him. He nodded in
approval when Jono met his gaze in the mirror. "Want to show you something, Jon. I know you hate your psi-fire, that you think you're less than human, less than a man. Look at yourself in the mirror and see what I see. Hear what I think when I look at you."

Jono's brows crinkled in obvious confusion, ** But yer 'ate teeps nosing 'round in your thoughts.**

"I do. And I trust ya not to get nosy. But I want ya ta see ya don't have ta hate yahrself. So look in my head."

Jono looked at him searchingly, then shifted his gaze back to his own reflection. Logan felt the telepathic tickle, then found himself seeing two versions of the scene in front of him, one from his own perspective, the other from Jono's. He set his jaw at the disparity between the two
images, and wondered if Jono realised that he'd begun broadcasting when he connected to receive Logan's perception.

He knelt down beside Jono, stroking his back, running his fingers through the chestnut mop of hair, projecting to the younger man the beauty he saw in the long lean form, the glow of the psi-fire, the delicate planes of his remaining face. Logan stayed silent, just showing through his
thoughts and actions how false he felt Chamber's opinion of himself as a monster was. Logan saw the projected image, the one from Jono, slowly alter to one that was closer to his own perception.

Just as he was about to move on to the other activities he had in mind, Logan had his own view superseded by an incredibly strong projection from the other man, showing him Jono's perceptions. "What're ya doin' Jon?" he asked in a strangled voice, taken aback by the image, far gentler and more protective than he'd ever seen himself.

**Returnin' th' favour. If I'm not allowed ter see meself as hideous, I'm not gonner let yer fool yourself that you're a beast. Yer were thinkin' that yer didn't want me thinkin' yer'd fuck a monster. I don't want yer thinking I'd give meself to thee animal yer think yer are. That is wot I'm doin', innit? Givin' meself ter yer? I'm not into abuse Logan. I want *yer*. Because I know I can trust yer ter stop if there's a reason to. I could find meself any number of people 'oo wouldn' care wot I wanted or wot I agreed ter. Lord knows that there are enough people out
there 'oo think I should be 'appy 'at anyone wants ter fuck me, regardless of wot I want. But you're not one ov 'em. And you're not an animal.**

Logan smiled wickedly and leaned down to bite Jono's shoulder, leaving another mark. "I don't know, boy, there is something ta be said for the animal." His grin widened at the whimper/sigh/moan that Jono sent in response. ~Thank you, Jon, you have no idea what that means to me. And no idea how pleased I am to see that core of strength and determination in you, to see that you managed to keep that.~

He moved behind Jonothan and grasped the slender hips, rubbing himself against that ass, mimicking fucking the other man. "Just remindin' ya what we're here for, Jon," he said as he delivered a stinging slap to one ass cheek. "Now, be quiet. We've done plenty of talking already."

He went over to the table and grabbed the blindfold he'd placed there, then turned back to Jono. "Close yahr eyes." He placed the blindfold on the younger man and stood back, projecting to him again how beautiful a sight he was, ready, open, waiting. Logan sat down on the nearby chair and removed his boots and socks, then moved silently around the room, forcing back a chuckle as he watched Jono straining to pick up the slightest noise to track his
movements. ~Not gonna make it that easy for you, boy.~ He began with a spanking, marking and reddening that ass with a rain of slaps, alternating sometimes with licks or kisses, nips or caresses, always returning to the open-handed blows on Jono's ass, treasuring each yip, moan,
and squirm.

He shucked off his motorcycle jacket and tossed it on the chair, then retrieved one of the two remaining items on the table, a Danger Room-created replica of his favourite flogger. Beautifully worked, brown elk-hide straps, handle weighted perfectly to balance the tails, identical in
almost every detail to the one sitting in the chest at the foot of his bed, no less perfect for existing only in this program. More perfect, honestly, given the current circumstances, as this one would survive contact with Jonothan's psi-fire. Not that he had any intention of such
contact occurring, but it was a possibility and neither having the tails burn beyond use nor hurting Jono with tails stiffened by the heat was a very appealing concept.

He chose elk-hide because the weight made it thuddy enough to knock the breath out of you when it hit (at least for people who still breathed), but the thickness and softness of the hide made it spongy enough not to cut or sting on impact. He loved the way elk or moose hide floggers felt when he was swinging them, loved the sounds they made on impact, loved the responses elicited from willing participants.

He swung it a couple of times to reacquaint himself with the weight, then gave a couple of practice swings to Jono's back to gauge the force he wanted to use.

~Glad you're a talkative drunk, Jon. More fun when you don't have to directly negotiate every action.~ He laid a hard blow across Jono's back, smiling widely at the grunt caused by the impact. He rapidly settled into a rhythm, striking again and again, carefully avoiding wrapping the tails around to the other man's sides and front, keeping the blows far enough off Jonothan's neck to avoid the extra pain and possible injury that could result, lessening the force of the blows over what should have been Jono's kidneys if he still had them, falling into the technique of long practice, always aware of Chamber's scent and responses, ensuring that the younger man seemed okay.

He stopped when he began to sweat and stripped off his flannel overshirt. "How ya doin', boy?" When the question received no response, he licked and nibbled and stroked Jono's back, periodically asking again until he got a response, muzzy and lust clouded, but coherent enough. "Ya want more?"

Jono pressed up and back to the hands on him and sighed a soft **Yes** across Logan's mind.

"Yahr back is gonna be one solid bruise tomorrow, darlin'." Just as Logan swung the flogger down to begin another round, Jono moved, shifting his weight a little on his knees and elbows, just a fraction of a second too late for Logan to pull the blow or correct for the change. The
tails wrapped around, disappearing for a second into the psi-fire in the cavity that was formerly Chamber's chest. Jono shuddered and groaned, nearly collapsing.

Before Logan could even set aside the flogger and soothe the younger man, he 'heard' a quiet, barely articulated pleading for more, **again... fucking amazing... never felt... good... so good.** Choppy and broken as if Jono was forgetting to actually send half the words, or more likely from the tone, forgetting to even think them.

Logan chuckled, "I can do that, darlin'." He continued, adjusting the technique, having to concentrate more now that the goals had changed slightly, making Jonothan nearly scream with the intensity, knowing by the mental feel of the 'noises' and the younger man's scent that his responses were from pleasure.

When Logan started sweating enough to warrant the removal of the T-shirt, he repeated the process of calming and soothing the younger man and reaffirming his consent. He kept flogging Jono until he broke a sweat again, then set the flogger back on the table and picked up the final item he'd placed there, a tube of lubricant.

He shucked off his jeans and tossed them on the chair with the rest of his clothes, then knelt behind Jono, touching, caressing, soothing him, bringing him back from that zone where pain melted into pleasure, bringing him back to the present, all the while preparing that sweet ass to take his cock. He leaned over the younger man, pressed tightly to him, and kissed and bit an ear, soothing the bite with his tongue. He was rewarded by a hiss and a squirm and an almost not there **please*. "Hurts, don't it? But it's a good hurt. Please what, darlin'? Tell me what you want, Jon. Not gonna continue until ya can say it. Want ya here with me, and I'll know ya are when ya can say what ya want."

**Please...** Several false starts later, Jono finally managed to say it. **Please fuck me, Logan,... Sir. Please.**

"All ya had ta do was ask." He coated his cock with a thick layer of lube and pressed in, taking it slow, waiting for Jono to adjust. At least that was the plan. He wasn't entirely surprised but certainly wasn't prepared when Jono pressed back to him, taking him almost completely. "Eager, aren't ya, boy?" he asked, pulling almost all the way out and slamming back in. Logan fucked him hard, listening to the grunts and moans and half articulated pleas. He snaked
one hand down to the younger man's cock and began stroking him in time with his thrusts.

All too soon, but also seemingly forever later, Jono was begging for release and Logan's thrusts began to lose their rhythm. "Cum for me, Jon." He'd barely gotten the words out when Jono came hard and long, voicing his pleasure loudly. Logan had time to hope that he was the only one the other man projected to and wonder what kind of dreams or awakenings the others in the mansion would have if he wasn't before he came deep in his boy.

He relaxed for a while, sated, almost boneless, his body laid over Jono's, holding him, enjoying the feel of the younger man in his arms, under him, around his cock. He placed a few kisses and nips and a couple of more than nips on the younger man's neck and back and rumbled in pleasure.

Logan pulled out and cleaned himself and Jono up, then began gathering his clothes. He got dressed, unlocked the handcuffs, and took the blindfold off Jono. He gathered up the bandages and sat down on the chair. "Come here." He turned Jono around when he came close and traced a few of the welts with his fingers. He smiled, "Might be a bit uncomfortable for you to have to wear these."

**I'll live. I've worn them over worse. Not as if I've never gotten knocked around in trainin' or on missions. And thee reason fer th' discomfort makes up fer it.**

Logan chuckled, "Liked that, did ya?" He shook the bandages out then slid the shirt-like construction onto the younger man and fastened the catches. "Got anything ya need in yahr clothes, or what's left of 'em?"

**I'll check. Shouldn't be much, usually use me duster pockets,** Jono sent as he walked over to the pile of rags.

"I didn't say we're done yet, Jon."

Jono turned back toward him, eyes slightly crinkled in what would have been a cheeky grin if he still had a mouth. **Aren't we?**

"What would ya do if I said no?"

A mental chuckle, low and smoky and whiskey smooth. **I'd take me punishment like a good boy... or bad, as the case may be.**

"Yeah, we're done... for now," Logan grinned lecherously. Only his enhanced senses allowed him to pick up the younger man's slight shiver of anticipation in response to those words.

**Plannin' on doin' more ter me, then?** Jono asked as he searched through the pockets of his former jeans.

"Oh yeah, Jon, absolutely gonna do more to ya and with ya. Long as it's what we both want, you just try to get rid of me. But ya'd better get yahr duster on before we go upstairs... there shouldn't be anyone in the halls at four-thirty in the mornin', but I doubt ya want someone seein' ya roamin' around bare-assed if we're unlucky."

When Jono picked up the rags after donning his duster and retrieving his boots and belt, Logan smirked. "What, keepin' 'em as a souvenir?" he asked, eyes twinkling with mirth.

Jono snorted, **No ya tosser, I'm gonna dump 'em in th' rubbish chute on th' way up ter me room. Souvenir, really.** He rolled his eyes, the laughter in his voice and crinkle at the corners of his eyes giving lie to the expressed exasperation.

Logan lightly slapped the younger man's cheek. "Don't get snotty on me. One, who says ya're goin' back ta yahr room?" He grabbed Jono around the waist and pulled their hips together, rubbing against the taller man. "Two, I think what we just finished doin' kinda negates the need
for me to do what would make that insult accurate."

Jono laughed and shook his head. **Fine, fine, yer ain't a tosser, you're a plonker. And yer can't tell me 'at's a lie, I've seen wot yer drink. And who says I'm goin' up ter your room?**

Logan reached up to grab Jono's hair, pulling his head down. He bit and licked the younger man's ear. "I do."

**Sure we'll get any sleep if we do that?**

"Oh, we'll sleep, Jon. Count on it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan awoke to the pleasant, and all too rare lately, warmth of another person sharing his bed and in his arms. He glanced at the clock, early afternoon. They'd better get up. Hank was going into town today to do some shopping and Remy had mentioned he wanted to go along at dinner last night. But even with a late start in deference to the hangover everyone knew Remy would have today, they'd be leaving soon.

He started licking and nibbling at his companion's ear and the area around it. Normally, he would have focused this sort of attention on the back of the neck, but Jono's bandages made that difficult if he wanted to keep his arms wrapped around that warm and pliant body. Some pleasant sleepy murmurs and delicious squirms later, he 'heard' a soft **I could get used ter wakin' up like 'is.** Logan smiled and bit hard at the ear. **Now that I'd prefer not ter get used ter first 'ing in th' mornin'. Wot was 'at fer?**

"We need ta get up. And it's afternoon. Hank's goin' inta town and we're goin' with him. I owe you some clothes. So it's time ta get up and get dressed." Logan got out of bed and stretched, then grabbed his silk robe and tossed it on the bed beside Jono. "Ya can shower in here if ya want. Put that on ta get back to yahr room ta get dressed."

Jono snuggled down deeper in the bed and managed to convey a pout, even without a mouth. **Yer know, we could spend th' day in bed, 'en I wouldn' need ter get dressed or worry 'bout th' clothes yer destroyed.**

"Temptin' as that sounds, darlin', no," Logan said as he went into the bathroom.

When he emerged from the shower, Jono was gone, apparently having decided to shower in his own room. He got dressed and headed downstairs for coffee and food.

Bobby approached Logan at the coffee pot, showing either extreme bravery or terminal curiosity by speaking to Logan before his first cup of coffee. "Hey Logan, something odd
happened today and I was wondering if you could explain it. Why in the world was Mr. Jonothan 'I hardly ever sleep and therefore wander the mansion at ungodly hours of the
night' Starsmore entering his own room half asleep at 12:30 in the afternoon wearing your robe?"

"Ya know, that's an awfully long middle name you think he has. His file just says his middle name is Evan. And I guess he must have slept late," Logan said as he walked over to the table with his coffee and grabbed the sports section of the Sunday paper, effectively ending the
conversation. No one without a death wish interrupted Logan reading the sports section, except maybe Jubilee or Kitty.

Once they were finished with lunch, Hank, Remy, and Logan gathered in the foyer to head out. Jono came in from the direction of the rec room and the shopping party was complete. Hank clapped Jono on the back welcomingly as he came in. "Ah, young master Starsmore. Logan intimated that you might be joining us. I believe that this means we are ready to depart." Jono winced and hissed slightly as Hank's big hand came down hard on several bruises. "Are you all right, Jonothan? We can postpone our expedition if you require medical attention. You certainly should not be experiencing pain from my gesture of camaraderie."

Jono shook his head. **Nah, Hank, 'm fine. Just a bit bruised and sore, Logan gave me quite thee poundin' in th' Danger Room last night.** Logan smirked at this and Jono met his gaze. **Wot? Yer did. It's the God's honest truth,** he sent with an almost imperceptible shrug.

Remy's snort caused both Jono and Logan to turn toward him questioningly. "Got a problem there, Gumbo?"

"Non, Logan, no problem. Let's get dis show on de road. Got t'ings to do other dan shoppin' today, me." As they trooped outside, Remy caught Jono's arm, pulling him back a little from the others. When he spoke it was soft enough not to carry to Hank, but Logan still heard it. "Logan
'gave you quite de pounding in de Danger Room', mon ami? You lucky it was me in de hallway and not Bobby. Iceman would have worked out what you meant out loud, very loud."

Jono sent his reply to Logan as well as Remy, obviously guessing that Logan had heard. **Not hidin' an'thin'. But it's no one's business but ours.** He winced again telepathically. **Got ter remember not ter shrug. Just din't see th' point in gettin' lectured about sommat I wanted.**

"Henri don't usually lecture 'bout people's personal relationships.,"

**Sure, Gumbo. Yer mean ter tell me that we'd be on our way out of thee 'ouse right now an' not listenin' ter a lecture if I 'ad said that me back 'nd arse are bruised all over b'cause Logan flogged me last night after we come 'ome from th' bar? Hank's th' team doc, 'e would've lectured 'bout preventable injuries reducin' a team member's fitness. On thee other 'and, ev'ryone trusts Logan ter know if trainin' or combat injuries require attention.**

"Point."

Logan smiled to himself as he continued to the car. He and his boy were on the same page and it sounded like the only regret either of them had was that it had taken them so 'bloody' long to figure it out.

END