Wolf Lake
The Arrival
by Lee

He rode up to the sign that said wolf lake and it was evening.

Daniel Ozborne better known as Oz to his friends. Oz could smell that there were other werewolfs in this small town but different also.

He wore his usual clothes baggy pants and a t-shirt and had a tangle of red hair and orange red stupple plus had a stocky frame and well built. He just hoped he could find solace or a more of an understanding of his condition.

He'd went to Angel before coming. Angel could somewhat understand because Angel was a Vampire and he suggested to talk to a demon host Lorne. He was a demon that could sense your intentions or problems if you sang to him.

They met in the hotel that Angel owned in the lobby. He walked in and saw Lorne and asked "Hey, are you Lorne"

And Lorne said "that's right straberry shortcakes and what can I help you with".

Hunter Gib Cain. Lorne was thinking and then got up and want to the counter and wrote a number down and gave it to Oz. "I want you to go to this place called Wolf Lake and ask for Sherman Blackstone a friend of mine, he may be able to help".

"Whats Wolf Lake"?.

"Its a place for werewolfs and Sherman knows all about werewolves and thier conditioning".

"You may decide its not that bad".

Oz said "I dont know it rules me day and night now. I feel lost and confused".

He had been searching for other people like him since his second fall out with his girlfriend Willow.

He arrived in town and got out of the car to look around. The town was small. It almost reminded him of his family in Weston. He decided to walk around he parked the car at the mini mall. He walked to the town saloon and the sheriffs office. The town was looking at him and trying to size him up.

Taylor and his gang were in the saloon. One of what to make of this lone wolf. "Whats this all about"?.

Oz said "its a personel nature".

Sheriff Donner said "let me call him and see if he is in his office at the moment". He want to the phone and was dailing Sherman. "You staying the night"?.

Oz said "ya"

"We have Bestys its a bed and breakfast up the road" said donner.

He got Shermans voice recorder and said "Its Donner there is a young man here to see you" he put his hand against the phone and said "what your name".

"Oz".

"Named Oz he is a new arrival and needs to talk. I let him know your in town and staying the night right"

"I guess so can you gave me directions to Betsys"

He got the directions and left the sheriffs office.

the Deputy said "what do we do with him"

and Donner said "keep an eye on him I dont sense any maliclouces intent" and on a side note said "Watch Taylor too you know how he is with new arrivals".

Oz walked out and saw a man his agery because thats when I lose it and transform"

Sherman thought a moment and said "Why do you feel you need to control the tandformations"

and Oz seemed a tad tense and slowly and in a depressing mood said he almost transformed when he saw his girlfriends scent on another person and when he saw her he almost transformed and then he Sunnydale.

Sherman listened to other stuff Oz said and when Oz stopped Sherman said, "come see me at 10:pm tommorrow I want to give you some herbal medicine to heighten your senses you my not believe me but you were always a wolf even when your cousin Jordy bite you, your senses he just released your transformations."

Oz said "but I almost killed someone"!! almost in tears and Sherman got miffed a little and Oz said I am sorry."

Sheram went over tho the bed and placed his hand on Ozs shoulder and said "Oz listen to me. You were and always will be a wolf untill your dying days If you meet me tomorrow at my place I can help you." He thought about Taylor "just another problem we need. Why dont you came over now I would advise it."

Oz said "no thanks".

"No, Oz I really think you would be safer in my house"

"why"?"

and Sherman said "Just do it and I will explain when we are at my house now pack your stuff and hurry up"

There was a sense of urgency about him and Oz said "I really think I should stay here"

He looked in Oz's face and said "Just trust me on this"

They quicky left and Sherman could sense Taylor and his gang were here and looked around, Just try to Taylor. You kill me you will have an uproar of humans and wolf around your ears."

He and Oz got in his car and drove off.

Taylor looked on in the distance seeing Shermans fear a little , He was on the edge of forest of wolf lake The old Indian and the new arrival he thought. Your time will come old man, He sprinted away from the hotel in wolf form and leapt in the forest when suddenly a shot rang out and he almost got shot .

Taylor looked as if he had too much to drink and very wobbley got up and want to the cell door. He said "Are you going to let me out sheriff".

"Ohh then I couldnt go to my wedding and you wouldn't want that" l aughing. Sheriff said "sorry about the leg I was just trying to catch a wounded fox" Going to the cell and unlocking it "Be more careful Taylor"

Now it was Matt's turn to smile Taylor wasn't smiling anymore and Matt said "be sure to get your stuff from Molly". as Taylor walked to the door he said "You'll pay for that"

"What just going fox hunting and just to let you know the new arrival is doing fine"

Taylor limped to the door and slammed it.


The end for now