Title: More Than Brothers

Author: Wendy

Email: shywalk@diesel.net.au

Rating: m/m feelings, (language), AU.

Nothing but Brotherly effection in this part, but I make no promises if it continues..IF, I don't know where it will go..so be warned incase.

Episode related: None that I have seen.

Summary: A tragic incident, causes Rick to wonder: exactly what are his feeling for his brother?

Notes: This is the first story I posted off my usual fandom, so bear with me. As for editing, you will have to take it as it comes, sorry.

Disclaimer: Of course I don't own it, if I did I would be rich with residuals <g>

<thoughts>

MORE THAN BROTHERS
By Wendy

Terror gripped my heart, as I watched Madison change tactics and turn his aim toward my unsuspecting brother AJ. "Lets see how you live with this one, Ricky boy." he sneered at me.

"No! AJ, Look out!" I screamed, my voice scrapping my throat as I jump up and run. It was as if it was happening in slow motion, the harder I ran, the further away I seemed to be getting. It was all taking too much time.

AJ turned to look at me, curious, as his eyes were yet to see the danger that had caused my panic. For what seemed an eternity, our eyes locked and our souls became one. In that instant I knew AJ was everything to me and I had to tell him before it was too late.

<Too far away> My heart ached, as I knew my human limitations would not let me out run the bullet.

AJ smiled as gave me a confused shrug, his arms spread, as he mouthed a silent word. "What?"

Before my eyes, my brother; my life became a chameleon, as he changed in front of me. His face was suddenly as white as
alabaster, his eyes wide with shock as his silent question was answered with the impact of the bullet.

<Too late, always too late> But I was not too late to pound at the man who had injured my only reason for surviving, the hell my life had been. I didn't feel Madison's face break and crumble under my tirade of fists and I didn't care when unconsciousness meant he no longer felt my raging onslaught. It was only the weakened call of AJ's pleas, that dragged me back from making sure I had killed him.

Breathless, I ignore my bloody hands, as moved quickly to my brother's side. He looks so pale as he gasps for every breath. I
quickly pull off my shirt and press it tightly against the wound that now stains the stomach of his pristine white shirt. The agony, my hand's pressure causes AJ, hurts me more than him...I want to die in his place. <Take me! Don't take AJ, Please don't take him>

I don't hear him at first, he has no air to voice what he wants to say to me, but I feel his bloody hand reach up and caress my
cheek.

"I'm here buddy," I try to sound confident, "Don't worry you will be fine. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." I
pledge, praying I don't break my word.

"N...not g.going a.any...where...N.need to...t.tell n.need..t.to s.say...somethin'... "

"Need to shut up, that's what you need to do little brother," I try to smile, as I again attempt to stem the flow of blood. <God,
this looks bad>

"R.Rick...listen...me." he frowned as he fingers grabbed at my arm. "n.never... l.listen...me."

I wipe at the tears that falls from my eyes. "I was always listening AJ," I choked. "I was always listening."

End?