TITLE: The Pickup

Author: BBB

Email: bebebaby2@aol.com

Fandom: Simon and Simon

Pairing: M/M

Rating: PG-16

Status: Work in Progres

Summary: Two very familiar type characters meet at the beach. The adventure begins...


The Pickup
by BBB


It was a typically nice sunny Saturday in San Diego. The weather was a warmish 82 degrees and the waves down at the beach where he walked were, in the parlance of the locals, bitchin'.

He had left port in September and it was now June. To say that the Marine Corps took up a lot of your time was putting it mildly. He wore his fatigues in such a way that they looked almost fashionable: He had on the military issue regulation sunglasses and cap; the t-shirt was snug fitting but not obviously tight; and the britches had just enough ease to be comfortable but not enough to be called baggy. He had an overshirt securely tucked through a back beltloop and the boots were cleaned but not mirror shiny. In short, he looked good. And hot, to the trained eye.

And he was hot too. "On the prowl" was the usual phrase attributed to his current activity. This port of call stop was only for 3 days and he wanted to make the most of it. He had come down to the beach with no preconceived notions in mind. The only determinants were "out of high school" and "unmarried". He was not hard to please when it came to this sort of thing. One good evening was all he was really looking for.

He had seen any number of beautiful bodies as he walked along the boardwalk dressed in all kinds of attire: the tank top & shorts, the 1-piece, 2-pieces and barelylegal. It seemed to be "buyers choice" out here. Still, he was being careful. The wrong approach to the wrong person could land you with a beauty that was like gum on your shoe - sweet & satisfying in the beginning, sticky and very, very hard to get rid of at the end.

He had just purchased a cool drink from a rolling vendor's cart when he saw the beautiful Blond about 40 yards in front of him, laying stomach down on a tartan blanket in a French-cut navy blue Speedo. What caught the Marine's eye was the fact that the Blond was reading a rather thick tome, almost on the order of a law book. He found that a little intriguing: a pretty, young thing with an actual working brain.

The Marine sipped his drink and slowly strolled over to where the Blond was. If nothing else, he might at least get an intelligent conversation for his effort. He stopped just short of the blanket, just enough so that he threw a shadow over the Blond's book.

"Hi. How're you doing?"

The Blond looked up and the Marine almost fell over. The Blond had one of the most beautiful pair of blue eyes it had ever been his pleasure to see and they were looking at him without a trace of vanity or guile.

"I'm fine. And you?"

"I'm good. That book is rather heavy beach reading, isn't it?"

"You mean the volume? Yeah, I know, but I am studying to take the Bar Exam in September."

"You're a lawyer?" The Marine said in genuine surprise. "I mean, aren't little young?"

"Almost a lawyer. I am working part-time as a legal assistant right now."

"Oh. Well, that is quite admirable."

"Are you in the Army?"

"No, the Marine Corps."

"Oh. Hey, how does it go? 'The Marines Make Men'. Make men do what?"

"Almost anything they tell them to."

The Blond laughed easily. The Marine thought that the Blond would indeed make great company for the afternoon.

"Well, I guess what I really should be asking is Is that really true? That they make a man out of you?"

"Well, speaking strictly for myself, I would say that it is not necessarily true. In the last 2 years I have been told way more times that I care to remember that I still need to grow up."

Getting a sore neck from all the staring up at the tall Marine, The Blond put down the book, rolled over to one side, patted the space on the blanket and said.

"Would you care to sit down?"

The Marine kneeled down on the blanket but did not not recline.

"Are you new in town?"

"Yes, we just docked this morning."

"I should have thought you would be headed to the nearest bar."

"I am not much of a drinker."

"Oh, then you're the other type."

"And what type is that?"

"The type that is looking for a little action."

"You may be right. How do you know this?"

"My mother told me."

"You're mother was a Marine?"

"No. She was married to a Marine. She always said that he only ever wanted two things when he was in town and the other one was a drink."

The Marine laughed heartily at the Blond's remark.

"Your mother is a very astute woman."

"So, are you?"

"Am I what?"

"That other type?"

The Marine looked evenly at the Blond.

"Let's just say, I am open all reasonable offers."

"Oh, okay."

The Marine noticed, as soon as he was close enough to determine it, that the Blond had a nearly perfect figure, that spoke of a lot of physical training. Height of around 5'8", trim waist, beautiful long legs, and an absolutely gorgeous ass, which was shown to good advantage thanks to the Speedo. And when the Blond rolled over, he noted the flat stomach and the nicely developed pecs.

The Marine and the Blond stared at each other for a few seconds before the Marine broke the silence and said,

"So, are you here with a girlfriend or anything?"

"No, I'm not. Girlfriends require a lot of attention and I don't have a lot of that to give them right now."

"What do you do for fun when you don't have your nose in a book?"

"Oh, I sometimes hang out with my friends, some of whom are girls. We usually go surfing or sailing, or sometimes to the movies."

"Oh, so you're a surfer? I guess that would explain it then."

"Explain what?"

"Well, don't be offended by my saying this, but you have great body."

The Blond blushed pink and covered his face with his hand.

"Oh, I am sorry. I didn't meant to offend you."

"No, no. I am not offended at all. Thank you."

"I really do mean that, you know. I think you are quite...well, beautiful is the only word that comes to mind."

"Oooh, you are such a sweet talker."

"Well, see there. I guess your mother didn't teach you everything about Marines. Maybe she never thought it would never come up." This brought an even deeper blush to the Blond's face.

At that moment, a nearby alarm buzzer went off.

"Does that mean you are done?" The Marine joked.

The Blond smiled and said,

"No, it just means that it's time for me to either turn over on the other side or get out of the sun."

"Aren't you using some kind of sun block? I mean you have very fair skin, I would think you of all people would not come out here with anything less than SPF-30."

"You're right. I did bring a bottle and I really should put some on." The Blond agreed, rummaging around the satchel he brought along. The Marine saw the bottle, not in the bag, but on the edge of the blanket close to his right knee. He picked it up and showed it to the Blond but did not hand it to him. He said,

"Would you let me do the honors?"

The Blond looked blank for a moment as he stared at the Marine. His eyes drifted down and he took in the Marines large and strong looking hands. He felt a slight thrill at the thought of them touching him. He silently shook his head yes and once again he lay down on his stomach.


Although he had heard the Marine snap the cap top, squirt the lotion into his palm, and rub his hands together to warm and emulsify the solution, he still jumped in surprise when the hands actually touched him.

"Too cold?" the Marine said.

"No. I was just unprepared for some reason. Your hands don't feel the way I thought they would."

"How did you think they would feel?"

"I don't know. Rougher maybe. Your touch is...is..."

"Is what?"

"Surprisingly gentle. I hope my saying that does not make you mad."

"No, it doesn't. Why? Do you like it rough?"

The Marine could have kicked himself. It was not what he meant to say at all, although if he was being honest with himself, he would have to admit that he was thinking it. He was more shocked when he heard the Blond's answer.

"I really won't know until I get to know you better."

The Marine had not even realized he had halted in his sunblock duties until he heard the Blond saying a little loudly,

"Hey, up there. Are you alright?"

"Oh. Oh yeah, I'm okay. You just kind of startled me that's all."

He resumed his massaging activity on the Blond's back and shoulders. He loved the play of the muscles and the smooth soft skin under his hands. The Blond had an aura of barely controlled energy about him that was a little frightening and more than a little sexy. The Marine found himself getting more turned on than he already was.

"Mmmm, that feels nice." The Blond purred.

"You like that, do you?" The Marine quietly growled .

"Ooooooh, yes."

When he had sufficiently covered his back with the lotion, he unconsciously patted the round rump of his new Blond companion. The feel of the firm cheek even through the swimtrunk material did not lessen the effect for the Marine. It was almost as big a shock for him as his initial touch was to the Blond. It excited him greatly and he felt compelled to touch it again and this time he let his hand linger for a few seconds longer before reluctantly removing it.

The Marine, being the sensitve guy that was, had been noticing the changes in his new companion's body temperature over the last few minutes. He suspected that the student was getting as aroused as he was. However, he wished to be on surer ground before he made any
moves. With an almost imperceptible touch, he bid the Blond to turn over on his back so that he could rub the sunscreen on his chest.

"Do you work out or swim regularly to stay in shape?" The Marine asked while rubbing the sun cream on his friend's chest.

The Blond, who had been laying with them closed, slowly opened his large blue eyes and looked dreamily at the older man.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"I asked if you swam or worked out regularly to stay in the shape you're in?"

"Yes, I usually work out about 2 or 3 times a week at the gym and watch what I eat."

"Oh, I see. And how do you keep your skin so soft?

"I think it's because I use Vitamin E cream regularly. I usually put some on after I shower. My Mother recommends milk baths but I never take them."

The Marine got a far away look upon imagining this fair beauty up to his npples in white cream. He enjoyed the fantasy for a couple of seconds longer and then said,

"Do you live around here?"

"Yes, about 4 miles down that way." The Blond said, pointing to his right.

"That's quite a distance. Do you walk down here everyday?"

"Not everyday. Sometimes I take the bus or catch a ride in a friend's car. Hey......!" The Blond said, suddenly sitting up. "Do you have a Jeep or something? Or maybe even one of those big
Hummers I think they're called?

This new mental picture inadvertently created by the Blond amused the Marine a good deal. Laughing slightly he said,

"No, Kid. It's called a HumVee, and I don't have one of those either. I requisitioned a 4 Wheel Drive truck for the day."

"Can I see it?" The Blond said with great sincerity.

"You want to see it?"

"Ooh yes. I think they're just so great. I love riding them. Is it a big one?"

The Marine felt himself growing increasingly warmer and it was not because of the weather. Sensing that now may be a good time to show at least one of his cards, he asked,

"Tell me, is it all big cars that turn you on or just the men who drive them?"

Without so much as a flicker of an eyelash, The Blond looked the Marine right in the eye and came back with,

"I haven't decided yet. I'll tell you after I see your truck."

The two men stared at each other hotly for a few seconds, both of them suddenly seeming to lose the power of speech. Once again the Marine recovered first and said,

"Pack your bag then. The truck is parked about half a mile that way," indicating the direction with a jerk of his head.

As he watched his young companion gather up his things, he thought regarding himself , *How can one man be so lucky*. This was fast turning out to be the best afternoon of his life.

After the young man had finished putting all his belongings into the satchel he'd brought, the Marine gallantly offered his hand to help the younger man up. With that assistance, The Blond quickly got to his feet. However, he did not immediately release The Marine's hand.

"Okay. Which way is it?" the fair haired student asked.

"This way-" the mustachioed military man answered. After taking the satchel, he lead the way still holding the Blond's hand.

They were almost to the boardwalk when the Marine stopped walking and suddenly turned around to look his new friend up and down briefly. He set the satchel down near his boots and then pulled the overshirt he'd brought with him out of his beltloop and handed it to the younger man.

"Here, why don't you put this on."

The Blond looked at the shirt and smiled brightly and said "Gladly".

He put on the garment which looked like it was obviously not his as it was miles too big and hung to about his mid-thigh. The Marine's name was emblazoned over the left pocket.

"No, don't button it." the older man said to the younger as he started to do so.

"I won't be able to see...I mean...uh...I don't want to ruin your tan", the Marine finally said.

"Alright, I won't. Can I wear your cap too?"

"Sure." He took it off and placed it on the student's head himself.

"How do I look?" The Blond asked, standing with his hands on his hips slowly twisting to the right and then to the left.

*How do you look?* the Marine thought to himself, as he enjoyed the visually stimulating picture the Blond made standing there virtually naked save for his cap, the oversized bush shirt and the navy blue Speedo trunks peeking out beneath. *Like a walking wet dream, that's what*

"You look like I better keep a very close watch on you. In short, you look positively Deadly." The Blond giggled softly and blushed."Let's go." The Marine picked up the satchel, gripped the younger man lightly on the back of the neck and they proceeded on down the promenade.

As they walked, the lanky Marine noticed the few discrete and not so discrete looks of admiration his friend was being afforded. He noticed particularly that many were from the other military men walking along. Shortly after they had started walking, the Blond said he needed to stop briefly at the green grocers located near the end of the promenade to pick up salad fixings for his lunch on Monday. On their way to the shop, the alert Marine had gotten the distinct impression that they were being followed. After a very few minutes of walking, they made it to Abigail's Roots, the area's most popular produce stand. While they were in there, the Marine's instincts proved correct and he picked up on the 2 Navy men that had been trailing them.

The Marine was normally the hot tempered sort who was inclined to get up in one's face if he felt threatened or wronged. But since he was only in port for three days and did not wish to spend any of it in the brig if he could possibly help it, he decided to try and not read anything into the fact that the 2 sailors happen to wander into the same shop as he and the student. After all, it was a free boardwalk.

The Marine had been standing reading some pamphlets at a nearby kiosk while The Blond was examining tomatoes when he saw the sailors approach the golden tressed young man. His held back on his first instinct, which was to go over there and knock some heads together, in favor of watching and listening. He felt sure if the Blond needed him he would know.

"Ahoy there, Swabby. Very smart choice you're making, buying tomatoes I mean. They're full of Vitamin C you know." said the first sailor. He was not too much taller than the student but much more solidly built.

"Yes, I know. Thanks"

"Those going in a stew pot or a salad bowl?"

"A salad."

"Right, right. I should have guessed that just by looking at you. Mmmm hmmmm yes sir" The sailor said slowly looking the young man up and down lustfully.

"You must eat them a lot. I mean it looks like you shrunk right out of your clothes." said the second sailor, who was about 2 inches taller than his buddy. "Not that it looks bad on you or anything. If you don't mind my saying so, that outfit you're wearing is really hot. Tell me, do you model or something?"

"No, I don't model. But thank you for the compliment." the young man said, now choosing between Butter or Romaine lettuce.

"Oh that's okay. It's just that since we've been in port, we have noticed that a lot of the best looking guys out here are models or actors. In fact, me and my buddy here noticed you right off and we said 'Yep, this looker must be one or the other' . And Baby, you sure are one hell of a looker."

"Why thank you. That is so very kind of you to say."

"So, tell me, Honey, " the first sailor said. "You fixin' enough salad for 3?"

The Blond, who had been surrounded by the two already, found himself being crowded just a little more closely. The two gobs were looking for a party and figured they had found one with this fresh young thing. The student looked from one to the other very slowly with his sexiest smile on his face.

"Mmmmm I am so sorry, boys. But I was only fixing enough for 2." the Blond purred.

"That's alright, Sweetheart. No apologies necessary. We know how it is. So, which one do you want? Me or my buddy?" said the second sailor, already adjusting his cap and belt.

"Actually, I want him." The Blond said, jerking his thumb behind him as The Marine came up behind him and gripped him lightly but possesively by the shoulders. He looked rather benignly at the sailors, who had both blanched white at his sudden appearance. It seemed that his presence alone was enough to get the point across that he was not about to have his "claim jumped" , so to speak. This little treasure was already spoken for.

"Hey, Beautiful. Who are you two friends? the Marine asked.

"I don't know, Daddy. They didn't tell me." The Blond answered.

The first sailor, thinking they were about to be killed any minute by the tall Marine, almost fell over himself trying to apologize.

"Gee, Sarge. I.....I'm....I'm sorry. Me and Louie here, we didn't know. Did we, Louie? I mean...If I had any idea that he was...I mean that you and he were....uh..I mean...Uh...Come on, Louie."

The two white caps practically ran out of the store, leaving the The Marine and the Blond chuckling amongst themselves at the rather hilarious situation.

"Oh my God. Can you believe that?" The Blond said.

"I thought he was gonna shit himself. I haven't seen anybody look that scared since this guy I know named Brown had to take his first parachute jump." The Marine added.

"It's a good thing you came along when you did. I don't know what they would have done when I turned them down."

"I don't think that they would have gotten violent or anything. Besides, the truck doesn't seat 4 people and I don't share."the older man said softly holding the young blond a little closer in a one armed embrace.

"That's good. I wasn't exactly feeling that charitable myself." the student said, enjoying the comforting hug.

With the groceries bagged and paid for, the friends left the store and made their way towards the military man's hired vehicle. It was a rather imposing large dark green truck.

The Blond's eyes got bigger the closer he got the vehicle. The answer to the question of what turned him on more was going to be a tough one now.

"Wow! It's so big! It's pretty powerful too, I'll bet. What do they call it?"

"It's an 8 cylinder 4-wheel drive Dodge WM300, otherwise known as a PowerWagon."

"I don't think I have ever seen a truck like this before."

"Well, it's often used by the military and a lot of the times that you may have seen it commercially it usually has some kind of shell on its back. That's probably why you don't recognize it in it's naked state."

"That's probably why."

"You think the produce will keep if we go for a little ride? The Marine inquired.

"Oh, I think they might." The Blond replied.

Opening the passenger door, he helped the student in and shut the door. He went around to the driver's side and got in.

"It may kill me to hear the answer to this, but I am definitely not keeping you from anything, am I?"

"Absolutely not. I cannot think of more wonderful way to spend an afternoon than with a Marine with a great big....truck."

"And I feel equally pleased to be in the company of someone who's built like a brick shithouse and talks like Mae West."

The Blond roared with laughter. "Ooooh you silver tongued devil".

The Marine started the vehicle and gunned the engine a couple of times. The Blond looked around himself in amazement. The military man could almost see the goosebumps on the younger man's skin from his excitement. They rolled rather quickly out of the parking lot and
they were soon on the highway going towards Carlsbad at about 65 miles per hour.


To be continued.......