Chocolate Dreams by Vigdis


Valdron's All-Purpose Disclaimer:
LEXX, the series, concepts and characters, are the property, copyright and trademark of Salter Street Films. No ownership or claim on said property, copyright or trademark is made or implied by the use in this work. This work constitutes a personal comment on the aforesaid properties pursuant to doctrines of fair use and fair comment. This work is non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes. All other characters and situations which are not specifically owned by the makers of LEXX are sole copyright of the author.

Chocolate Disclaimer:
The Chocolate Tradition, with exceptions noted above, belongs to remma. This edition is released to the CT website for inclusion with the rest of the Chocolate Tradition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 1

Vig was feeling down... She needed chocolate, but not just any ordinary chocolate... she needed... something different.

“Chocolate Fudge Cake?” KaiLove suggested.

“No...”

“Chocolate Creme Pie?”

“No, not that either...”

“Norwegian Chocolate?”

“mmmm.... NO!”

“But, Mistress, you LOVE Norwegian Chocolate!” KaiLove was getting scared...

“Perhaps a double dip of Baskin Robbins Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream on a nice sugar cone?” he coaxed.

“NO!!!!!”

KaiLove’s shoulders sank in defeat... He had already tried all her favorite candy bars, as well... Nothing would satisfy his demanding mistress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2

Suddenly, KaiLove’s shoulders lifted as he looked up, adoringly at Vigdis.

“I will seek out a new and special kind of chocolate for you, Mistress!” he exclaimed.

“Hhmmm...” Vig sighed. “Don’t go to any trouble on MY account...” she moped, feeling exceedingly sorry for herself.

“OH, Mistress!” KaiLove cried, “you are NEVER any trouble to ME...” he insisted. “I WORSHIP YOU!”

Vig looked up at her Kai clone, “Do what ever you want...” she muttered. “I’ll just wait here...”

Vigdis scrunched down in her chaise lounge and cuddled her stuffed Squish. KaiLove looked back at his pouting mistress as he pulled the door to. He HAD to DO something! He needed his happy-go-lucky-nothing-can-go-wrong-on-such-a-beautiful-day-with-KaiLove-at-my-side mistress back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 3

KaiLove was on a mission!

He headed for the quarters of some of his mistresses friends...

Knocking politely, KaiLove waited for Lady Fields Of Heather or Kai13 to answer the door...

“Hello, brother” Kai13 said when he answered.

“Kai13, Mistress Vig is in a terrible state! I must find a new and special kind of chocolate for her!” KaiLove said, in a rush. “Might your mistress have any suggestions?”

Fields Of Heather heard him and came to the door, vines whipping idly. “Have you tried Norwegian Chocolate? That’s her very favorite.”

“Yes, of course I have, Lady Heather,” KaiLove responded miserably. “She was most vehement in her response. She does not want Norwegian Chocolate, Chocolate fudge Cake, Chocolate Creme Pie, OR a double dip of Baskin Robbins Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream on a sugar cone. I also tried ALL of her favorite candy bars...
Nothing... nothing meets her current chocolate requirements...” He continued hopelessly.

“Hmmm...” Heather replied. “I’ll have to think about this... Why don’t you go check with dgrequeen?”

“Yes, Lady Heather,” KaiLove whispered.

Hanging his head, KaiLove shuffled down the hall toward dgrequeen’s suite despondently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 4

When dgrequeen answered her door, KaiLove was so visibly upset that she quickly invited him in. “What’s wrong, KaiLove? Is Vigdis missing, again?” she asked, concerned.

“No...” KaiLove said sadly. “I think this is actually worse! If she was missing, I would at least know what to do...” he said, choking back a sob.

“Okay, what’s the problem?” dgre asked, putting on her “let’s find a solution” face.

OH, Lady dgrequeen,” KaiLove moaned, “She doesn’t want Norwegian Chocolate, Chocolate fudge Cake, Chocolate Creme Pie, OR a double dip of Baskin Robbins Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream on a sugar cone. I also tried ALL of her favorite candy bars... Nothing... nothing seems to meet her current chocolate requirements...
I just don’t know what to do!” he sobbed out hysterically.

dgrequeen had NEVER seen the composed and self-controlled KaiLove lose it like this! It was almost frightening, what with all the antikais around and the possibility of clone replacement by the evil ones...

dgrequeen decided a “test” was in order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 5

dgrequeen nods to MyKai and he brings her a lovely jeweled box. Opening it, she removes a small piece of chocolate. Handing it to KaiLove, she asks, “What is this?”

“Uh, Chocolate?” he stutters, confused.

“YES!” MyKai says, “BUT - What KIND of Chocolate?” he asks pointedly.

KaiLove looked over at MyKai, startled. He realized, now that they were unsure of his identity. They actually thought HE might be an antikai! He brought the chocolate to his mouth and tasted it carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 6

KaiLove smiled slightly.

“This is double-rich dark chocolate fudge with milk chocolate coating - no nuts...” he said with certainty.

dgrequeen and MyKai breathed a mutual sigh of relief.

This was definitely the real KaiLove. No antikai was programed THAT specifically with chocolate information.

“Alright, then,” dgrequeen said happily, “I think you covered all her usual favorites... I’ll see if I can think of anything special for her. Meanwhile, why don’t you go check with Lady TwilightRhapsody?”

“Very well...” KaiLove said sadly. “I hope she knows of some special chocolate treat that I can give my mistress...”

KaiLove, shoulders once more slumped, shuffled out the door and down the hall...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 7

When he got to Lady Twilight’s door, KaiLove hesitated.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to ask Lady Twilight’s help.

It was that he didn’t want to be mistaken for an antikai again...

On the other hand, if he was tested again, chances were he’d get to eat more chocolate...

KaiLove knocked firmly.

Kai21 answered the door. “Brother!” he exclaimed happily.

“Hello...” KaiLove responded in a dull, lifeless (even for a Kai Clone) tone.

“Uh-oh!” Kai21 said. “You’d better come inside,” he continued as he pulled his older brother into the luxurious suite.

“Mistress!” he called.

TwilightRhapsody came floating into the room with her usual grace and elegance.

When she saw KaiLove’s beautiful face drawn into such a despondent expression, she rushed over and slipped her arm around his waist, comfortingly.

“What’s wrong, dear?” she asked gently.

KaiLove burst into tears as he explained.

“It’s Mistress Vig!” he sobbed. “I tried ALL of her favorite candy bars... She doesn’t want any of them! She doesn’t want Norwegian Chocolate, Chocolate fudge Cake, Chocolate Creme Pie, OR a double dip of Baskin Robbins Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream on a sugar cone. I don’t know what to do!!!”

He flung himself into Lady Twilight’s arms and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 8

Twilight guided the weeping kai over to her soft, plush sofa and sat down, pulling KaiLove into the comforting circle of her arms. She stroked hiss silky black hair, making all sorts of little comfort noises as she did. She waited patiently as he cried himself out...

Long minutes passed as KaiLove wept, seemingly inconsolable. Then, finally, he sniffled to a stop.

“Are you feeling a little better, now?” Kai21 asked, concerned, handing him a tissue. He wasn’t entirely sure what to suggest.

Mistress Twilight had NEVER refused her VERY favorite Chocolate, so he couldn’t really conceive of the pain KaiLove was experiencing - being unable feed his beloved mistress chocolate - because the unthinkable had happened!

An APEC Lady had refused chocolate...

*hmmmm...* thought Kai21, *maybe she’s a clone replacement!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 9

Kai21 slipped out of the suite quietly and purposefully.

*Better safe than sorry!* he thought, determinedly, as he made his way down the long hall toward Lady Vig’s suite.

He thought back over his long association with KaiLove and pulled out of his memory a passing comment his friend and brother had once made...

Kai21 smiled maliciously, and headed for the Chocolate Vaults.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 10

Lady TwilightRhapsody sat back and watched covertly as Kai21 left. She knew what he was thinking. She was wondering the same thing...

“KaiLove, when did Lady Vigdis start acting so peculiarly?” she asked quietly. “I’ve never known her to turn down Norwegian Chocolate, before...”

“Nor have I,” he replied, the sadness in his voice nearly overwhelming her.

“KaiLove?” Twilight said hesitantly.

“Yes, Lady Twilight?” His grey-green eyes were soulful.

“Is it remotely possible that Lady Vigdis has been...“ she paused. There was no easy way to put this. “...replaced?”

KaiLove went totally still. It COULDN’T be! Could it? Would a mistress clone snuggle a stuffed Squish?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 11

KaiLove RAN down the hall to the suite he shared with Mistress Vig, Master Starglider (who was still at W@&K) and Xev8.

He came to an abrupt halt in the OPEN doorway...

Kai21 was there, trying to feed Mistress Vig Chocolate!

Oh, the Betrayal!!!

“Kai21! How COULD you???” KaiLove demanded in horror.

Kai21 ducked aside as Lady Vigdis literally THREW a box of Truffles at his head.

She had a good arm... The Truffles landed on KaiLove.

KaiLove tasted the residue of Chocolate on his shirt.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles...

Kai21 hadn’t betrayed him after all!

He had simply remembered...

Mistress Vig positively HATED Truffles of ANY sort!

KaiLove grimaced, hoping that Mistress Doffy wasn’t TOO upset over the waste of HER favorite Chocolate.

“One thing is certain!” Kai21 grinned as he brushed past KaiLove and out the door to the relative safety of the hallway. “She’s the REAL Lady Vig!” he laughed.

KaiLove smiled with satisfaction.

Now if he only had the perfect Chocolate for his beloved...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 12

Before he could even move the rest of the way into the room, KaiLove was stopped by Lady Twilight. As she pulled him back into the hall, he looked longingly at his mistress, who was once again scrunched down on the chaise lounge, snuggling her stuffed Squish.

“Here!” Twilight said insistently. “Try this! It’s a giant Toblerone bar. It’s made of Swiss Milk Chocolate with honey and almond nougat.”

“She has one and enjoys it immensely!” Kai21 added happily.

KaiLove grinned for the first time that day. “Mistress does love Toblerone Bars, and she hasn’t had one in a VERY long time... Perhaps this is JUST the thing!?!”

He barreled into the suite and slid to stop on his knees at Vig’s side. He carefully opened the package and inhaled the wonderful aroma of the unique Chocolate Bar. Then he broke off a small piece.

“Mistress, may I offer you a small taste of Toblerone?” he asked hopefully.

Vigdis looked up, startled.

“Tobler...” she started to say, almost painfully hopeful.

“Toblerone,” KaiLove smiled softly.

Vigdis lit up in a joyous grin and opened her mouth. KaiLove slipped the tiny piece of the HUGE Chocolate Bar into her waiting mouth. He smiled contentedly as she closed her mouth and savored the flavors as the soft Swiss Milk Chocolate melted on her tongue.

Kai21 slipped an arm around his mistress as he pulled the door closed. “Looks like fun,” he murmured, nuzzling her ear. “Wanna go back to our suite and give it a try?”

TwilightRhapsody giggled as she slipped out of Kai21’s embrace and dashed down the hall toward their suite...



THE END



#