24 EPISODE GUIDE

12:00 - 1:00 A.M.

12:00 A.M.

Victor Rovner transmits from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia that a shooter is coming into town to target Senator Palmer. Agent Richard Walsh, a high ranking Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) officer, is alerted.

12:01 A.M.

Senator David Palmer, an African-American running for President, writes his speech for the next day's California primary election.

12:03 A.M.

Jack Bauer plays chess with his daughter Kimberly in their home. Before going to bed, she tells him that she's glad he moved back in. Jack and his wife Teri go to her room to find she has snuck out the window. Nina Myers, Jack's chief-of-staff at CTU, calls him into the office because Richard Walsh is in town. Jack phones Kimberly's ex-boyfriend Vincent, but he doesn't know where she is.

12:06 A.M.

Kimberly and her friend Janet York are on their way to meet up with some guys named Dan and Rick.

12:09 A.M.

Jack arrives at CTU headquarters and calls his wife to alleviate her fears. Turning back to work, Jack gathers his team and suggests that perhaps Senator Palmer is the reason they have been called in. He asks them to start pulling together information on the candidate. Along with Nina are CTU employees Jamey Farrell and Tony Almeida. Meanwhile, Kimberly and Janet arrive at a furniture store where they meet the guys.

12:14 A.M.

Jack asks a friend at the LAPD to keep a lookout for his daughter. Walsh arrives and briefs Jack's team about an expected attempt on Palmer's life. Walsh privately tells Jack that there may be a leak within CTU involved in the hit.

12:22 A.M.

Martin Belkin, a foreign photographer, calls Palmer campaign manager Patty Brooks from an airplane bound for Los Angeles. He is scheduled to meet Palmer for breakfast the next morning. Mandy, the woman in the seat next to him, overhears his conversation and asks about Palmer.

12:24 A.M.

Nina confronts Jack about not being included in a meeting with District Director George Mason. Jack does not tell her what the secrecy is about. Teri calls to tell Jack that she found joints in Kimberly's desk. Jack apologizes for not being there to help. In a heart-to-heart talk with Rick, Kimberly lies and says that her father is dead.

12:28 A.M.

Mason does not reveal to Jack what his source is for the information on the Palmer case. Jack is suspicious, and shoots Mason with a tranquilizer gun to knock him out. Jack orders Nina to look up the assets of convicted heroin dealer Phillipe Darcet because he has always suspected that Mason skimmed money from the bust. Jack hopes to use that information to blackmail the District Director.

12:36 A.M.

Teri receives a call from Alan York, the father of Kimberly's friend Janet. He too is looking for his daughter.

12:40 A.M.

Jack requests that Nina get Tony to access the Darcet files. Tony is suspect that Nina is doing this because she is still sleeping with Jack. She doesn't give a straight answer, but convinces the reluctant Tony to get her the information. Jack asks Jamey to trace the passwords for the email accounts on his home phone line. He informs Teri that Kimberly's password is LIFESUCKS.

12:43 A.M.

On the plane, Mandy continues to grill Martin flirtatiously. There is growing attraction between them.

12:45 A.M.

Senator Palmer gets a phone call from Maureen Kingsley at the network. He gets angry at her allegation, and avoids telling his wife Sherry what was discussed.

12:49 A.M.

Nina grows worried about Jack's erratic behavior, and she voices her concern that he is breaking the law by tapping into private files. He says that he will not compromise himself. Meanwhile, Teri and Alan York decide to try to find the girls at an address found in Kimberly's email account. Seeing her mother's repeated calls on her cell phone, Kimberly asks the guys to drive her home.

12:52 A.M.

Martin and Mandy make love in the airplane bathroom. She asks if they can get together in Los Angeles, but he replies that he will be "pretty busy." At CTU, Tony sends to Jack the accessed wire transfers on the Darcet account, and Jack wakes Mason. He once again asks the District Director who his source is, but this time shows the incriminating Darcet transfers. Mason relents. In the air, Mandy goes to the back of the plane and knocks a flight attendant unconscious. She takes out Martin's stolen identification and she puts on a protective jumpsuit. She removes a bomb from the plane's fire extinguisher and detonates it. Mandy ejects herself from the cabin within seconds of the plane's explosion, parachuting to safety.

12:57 A.M.

Teri speaks to Jack while driving with Alan York to the Valley. When he loses contact with his wife, Jack sets out to find her. Tony stops him with news that a plane has blown up over the Mojave Desert. Preliminary reports indicate that it was bombed. While Dan drives the van with the girls inside, he ignores Kimberly's directions to her house. For the first time she is afraid, and she realizes that she may not be in control of the situation.

 

1:00 - 2:00 A.M.

1:02 A.M.

As Mandy parachutes to safety, Jack's team begins searching for the downed flight's passenger list. When Tony questions Mason's secret visit, Nina lies in order to protect Jack.

In the Mojave Desert, Mandy places Martin Belkin's identification card into a homing case, and buries it underground. A car picks her up. After she drives off, a motorcyclist pulls up with a tracking device. The homing case is located, and the biker digs up the ID card. At CTU, Tony accuses Nina of lying to cover up what happened between Mason and Jack.

1:09 A.M.

Meanwhile, Walsh goes downtown to the Dunlop Plaza, and secretively meets with a CTU analyst named Scott Baylor. Although Baylor is terrified, he gives Walsh a CTU key card. The magnetic strip on the card is commonly used for access into the building, but this particular one also contains a file with references to Palmer, which allows the user to smuggle confidential information in and out of restricted areas. As Walsh pleads for Baylor's continued assistance, shots ring out, hitting both men. Baylor goes down. Walsh is wounded but is able to shoot back at his assailant.

1:12 A.M.

Walsh calls Jack to rescue him from the assailant. Jack heads downtown.

1:16 A.M.

Jack checks in with Teri on his way to help Walsh. Although Janet's car is parked at the furniture store, the girls aren't there. In Dan's van, Kimberly realizes that Janet has been drugged. Rick alludes that there are other "people" involved in this kidnapping.

1:22 A.M.

Mandy arrives at a remote desert house. Ira Gaines hands her a briefcase full of money, and she arranges for an unknown partner to bring the ID card.

1:23 A.M.

Jack phones Nina for the entry code into the Dunlop Plaza garage and he goes in. Tony pulls up a call record of Jack and Nina's conversation, watching Nina suspiciously.

1:29 A.M.

In Gaines' desert house, Mandy meets Jonathan, who has been transformed by plastic surgery to look like Martin Belkin.

1:31 A.M.

Jack finds Walsh alive. He suspects there might still be three shooters loose in the building. As they try to escape, they manage to kill two of the men. Jack cuts off the finger on one of the bodies to trace its prints.

1:37 A.M.

The motorcyclist pulls up to Gaines' house. It is a woman named Bridgit. She comes to make the handoff for Mandy, but instead, gives Gaines a Polaroid photo of Belkin's ID. She wants more money for the ID. Gaines threatens to kill Bridgit, but relents when he realizes she is the only one who knows where the ID is hidden.

1:42 A.M.

When Teri can't reach Jack, she asks Nina to locate the furniture store's owner. Nina is somewhat unsettled by the request, but agrees to help. Teri divulges to Alan York that she and Jack had been separated. Nina calls back with the owner's phone number and Teri leaves him a message, hoping to find out more about the boys that Janet and Kim are with.

1:44 A.M.

Palmer's children, Keith and Nicole, return to their father's hotel suite from a campaign rally. Palmer is diverted by a phone call from an aide named Carl. Palmer tells Carl about Maureen Kingsley's phone call and asks to meet him immediately.

Secret Service agents arrive at the Palmer hotel suite, but Palmer has slipped out unnoticed. The agents warn Sherry Palmer that they have evidence an attempt will soon be made on the candidate's life.

1:53 A.M.

Jack and Walsh exit through the Dunlop building's garage, but as they head up the ramp, shots ring out and hit Walsh. Jack fires back at the assailant. Walsh shows Jack the key card, instructing him to give it to Jamey because she can be trusted. She will be able to link it to a CTU computer terminal to reveal who the dirty agent is. As he throws the card to Jack, Walsh is killed by a barrage of bullets.

1:55 A.M.

Jack escapes in his car and phones Jamey. He puts the key card into his mobile scanner, and sends her the magnetic information.

1:56 A.M.

Dan pulls his van over to the side of the road and orders Kimberly to call her mother on the cell phone. She is to tell Teri that she is at a party and will be home in a few hours. When Kimberly resists, Dan is about to strike her and Rick intercedes. "Gaines said not to hurt her, remember?" Rick says. To threaten Kimberly, Dan smashes Janet's arm with a crowbar. Kimberly calls her mother's cell phone, crying. She tries to assure Teri that she's at a party, but ends the call by telling her that she loves her. Teri is slightly alarmed because her daughter never says that.

1:59 A.M.

Jamey sends to Jack's car mobile messenger the name of the dirty agent using the key card. It is Nina.

In the desert, Jonathan takes target practice with a rifle.

 

2:00 - 3:00 A.M.

2:00 A.M.

From his car, Jack digitally sends the thumbprint to a tech. Teri calls to tell Jack that Kimberly phoned and said, "I love you" at the end of the conversation. This worries Teri because Kim never says, "I love you." Jack convinces Teri and Alan York to remain at the furniture store to wait for the girls.

2:05 A.M.

Gaines orders Mandy to handle Bridgit's request for an additional million dollars as payment for the delivery of Martin Belkin's I.D. card. Meanwhile, Secret Service steps up security at the hotel, but they still have no idea where Senator Palmer has gone. Keith wants to go out to find his father, but Sherry and the Secret Service prevent Keith from leaving.

2:08 A.M.

Gaines calls Dan and tells him he's running late. While Rick and Dan wait, Janet suffers from the extreme pain of her broken arm. Rick begins to feel sorry for her. He defies Dan's orders and gives Janet some heavy drugs to ease the pain.

2:15 A.M.

Palmer pulls into an underground parking garage, where two teenage delinquents are breaking random car windows. In the ensuing confrontation, the kids smash the rear window of Palmer's car and run away.

2:17 A.M.

Jack returns to CTU, but before he walks in the building, he summons Nina to his office. While Nina waits at his desk, Jack sneaks over to Jamey and gives her the encrypted key card he got from Richard Walsh. Jack has Jamey search Nina's workstation to prove that it is the source of the file on the key card. Then Jack keeps Nina occupied until Jamey can confirm that the key card came from Nina's terminal, thus proving that Nina is the dirty agent. Jack receives a call from data services that the fingerprint of one of the shooters at Dunlop Plaza has no match.

2:27 A.M.

At Gaines' desert house, Mandy and Bridgit argue over asking Gaines for more money for Belkin's I.D. Bridgit appeals to Mandy's love for her, and the two kiss. Mandy gives in, and goes to offer Gaines the new deal.

Meanwhile, Kim tends to a drugged up Janet, while Rick and Dan screw around. Kim is able to convince Janet that they are in danger and need to escape. They manage to run off, and Dan and Rick chase after them.

At CTU, Jamey convinces Jack to shut Nina off from confidential access.

2:32 A.M.

Kimberly and Janet escape into a seedy alley, where they interrupt Larry Rogow, a male prostitute turning a trick. When Dan and Rick approach, Rogow lies about where the girls fled to. Rick and Dan take off.

2:39 A.M.

Palmer meets Carl, a back-room political player, in the undergound parking lot. Palmer tells Carl about Maureen Kingsley's accusation. Several years ago, Palmer's daughter, Nicole, had been raped. Kingsley claims to have evidence that Keith Palmer murdered the man who committed the rape. Carl agrees to cut off whatever source is making up these lies so that Palmer can win the California Primary. Their secret meeting is broken up by the arrival of the Secret Service.

2:41 A.M.

Kim and Janet follow Rogow into a warehouse, and Kim pleas for help in finding a phone. Rogow throws them out.

2:43 A.M.

Jack confronts Nina about the key card and her involvement in the hit on Palmer. She claims innocence.

Gaines agrees to give Mandy and Bridgit the extra million dollars, and the three of them go into the desert night to reclaim the hidden ID card.

2:47 A.M.

Kimberly and Janet run into Rocco, a pimp talking on a cell phone. They ask for his phone. Rocco asks for some money to use the phone but the girls have no money to pay him. Then Rocco decides to get rough. Suddenly, Larry Rogow (the male prostitute from earlier) appears and jumps Rocco. The girls get away with the phone, but Larry gets beaten up by Rocco in the process. Dan and Rick see the girls run off.

2:52 A.M.

Tony notices a CTU memorandum that reports Walsh's death. He asks Jamey to find out what had happened. Since Jamey is working on something for Jack, she gives Tony access on his terminal to find out for himself.

2:55 A.M.

In the desert, Bridgit gives Gaines the ID. Once the exchange is made, Bridgit drops to the ground having been shot by a sniper.

2:56 A.M.

Jamey shows Jack and Nina what she found on Nina's computer that links it to the key card. The data on the card was gathered on January 14th. Jack dismisses Jamey, then immediately apologizes to Nina. During that particular weekend in January, Jack and Nina were in Santa Barbara together. Jack theorizes that someone must have broken into Nina's computer. Nina is furious that Jack would have even thought of accusing her. Tony calls someone at CTU Headquarters, claiming that Jack Bauer is out of control and needs to be relieved of his command.

2:57 A.M.

Kim calls her mother to say that she's in trouble. She gives the name of the store where they are located, but has to hang up when the guys approach. Teri immediately calls 911 for help.

2:59 A.M.

As Kim and Janet run from Rick and Dan, Janet is hit by a car. When a shaken Kim turns back to her friend's lifeless body, Rick grabs her from behind. The guys drag Kimberly away, leaving Janet on the street. Janet's eyes open. She's still alive.

 

3:00 - 4:00 A.M.

3:00 A.M.

As Kimberly is taken by the guys, Janet lies on the street, struggling to stay conscious.

At CTU, Jack apologizes to Nina and explains the circumstances around Walsh's death. He says that she and Jamey are the only ones he can trust. The three of them must work together.

The Secret Service return Palmer to the hotel. Sherry tells him about the assassination attempt, but Palmer scoffs at its seriousness.

3:08 A.M.

Tony comes up with an empty seat on the plane that had crashed in the desert and looks for its relevance. Jamey finds an address on the key card: 18166 San Fernando Road. Before she can do more digging, George Mason arrives and puts the office into a lockdown. She hides the key card. Jack sneaks out of the office to go investigate the address. Tony motions to Mason where he went, and an agent stops Jack. Jack punches the guy and slips out the door.

3:13 A.M.

Tony admits to Nina that he called in Mason because he believes Jack is out of control. She accuses him acting on behalf of his feelings for her.

Secret Service Agent Pierce convinces Palmer that the threat against him is indeed serious, and he cautions the candidate about the breakfast scheduled for the morning. Palmer is adamant about the meeting's importance to his campaign.

3:20 A.M.

In the van, Kimberly taunts Rick to go back for Janet. Thinking Janet may be able to identify them, Dan agrees to get her. When he pulls out a gun, Kim is afraid they will kill her friend. Rick ties her up and slaps tape over her mouth. Teri and Alan York, meanwhile, race toward North Hollywood to rescue their daughters, but they get pulled over for speeding. As he tries to hurry the police officer along, York is arrested for disobeying a lawful order. Teri is left in the car, horrified and helpless. She doesn't notice Dan's van passing them on the road.

3:24 A.M.

Jack locates the San Fernando Road address, but it is a desolate industrial park complex. He sees a sliver of light through an open door and goes in with his gun drawn. A man named Greg Penticoff is inside, and he fires at Jack. Outside, policewoman Jessie Hampton hears the gunfire and calls for backup. She sees Penticoff run off, but she catches Jack. Jack flashes his badge, and the two take pursuit into the abandoned warehouse.

Mason goads Nina by bringing up her affair with Jack. Knowing his sordid reputation, Nina doesn't divulge anything.

3:35 A.M.

Rick and Dan find the stricken Janet, and they debate about what to do with her. Kimberly cries through the duct tape in fear. Suddenly, an ambulance approaches. Dan steps on the gas, leaving the scene, and Janet, behind.

3:39 A.M.

Nina tips off Jamey about Mason's interrogation, entrusting her not to turn Jack in.

Palmer reveals to his wife, Sherry, that network anchor Maureen Kingsley has uncovered new evidence accusing Keith of murdering Lyle Gibson. Gibson, who had raped their daughter, was reported as having committed suicide. Carl linked the allegations to Keith's therapist, George Ferragamo, who claims that Keith made a confession in therapy sessions. Knowing Kingsley is a responsible journalist, Palmer privately begins to question his son's innocence.

As Teri and York are detained, a call comes in over the policeman's radio about a possible assault outside Platt Auto Body, which is the location that Kim had given her mother. The cop lets Teri and York leave to find their daughters.

3:46 A.M.

Police backup arrives at the industrial complex in the form of a helicopter. Jack directs Jessie to not shoot the suspect because he needs him alive. The chopper's searchlight gets Jack in its glare, and he must avoid Penticoff's gunfire. But Penticoff captures Jessie and holds her at gunpoint.

3:52 A.M.

Penticoff lures Jack out of hiding, warning him to drop his gun or Jessie will be killed. Jack concedes, but charges Penticoff. The backup sirens approach. As he holds Penticoff, Jack realizes that Jessie has been shot.

Teri and York see the ambulance and head to a nearby hospital. Meanwhile, Dan and Rick meet up with Ira Gaines. They tell him that they killed Janet and hid her body. Gaines takes Kim, warning that she will only survive if she obeys him.

Mason attempts to convince Jamey that she's being used, but she remains silent. He is alerted that a police frequency has spotted Jack. Mason ends the lockout, and pulls his agents out to pick up Jack.

3:59 A.M.

Jessie's body is hauled away in an ambulance. Fearing for his life, Penticoff says that he'll only talk if Jack helps him. The police grab Penticoff. He yells to Jack, "If you ever want to see your daughter again, get me out of this!" Jack sprints to his car to follow the squad car -- and the possible link between Palmer's hit and Kim's disappearance.

 

 

4:00 - 5:00 A.M.

4:02 A.M.

Teri and Alan York barge into the operating room of St. Mark's Hospital to find Janet on the operating table. Jack, following the sqaud car carrying Penticoff, gets the news about Janet from Teri. He too is on the hunt for Kimberly, and will report back to Teri when he knows more. Meanwhile, Dan and Rick stash the tied-up Kim into Gaines' car. Gaines orders them to pick up their money at his compound. Although Rick doesn't trust Gaines, Dan convinces his friend to finish the job.

4:07 A.M.

With hours to go before the California Primary, no one in Palmer's hotel suite campaign headquarters is able to sleep. Palmer's intention of telling Nicole about the network's allegations against Keith bothers Sherry. Yet when Nicole is brimming with excitement over the upcoming day, Palmer doesn't have the heart to ruin his daughter's current happiness.

4:09 A.M.

Jack asks Nina to contact the CTU's police liason for help in getting to Penticoff. With her online access denied, she must ask Tony for the number. Tony, still suspicious of Jack, questions why Nina hasn't lost faith in their boss.

4:11 A.M.

At the Van Nuys police station, Jack persuades the Desk Seargant to let him talk to Penticoff. Mason cuts him off at the pass, hoping to rein in what he thinks is a rogue agent.

4:16 A.M.

Dan and Rick argue about handing off Kim to Gaines. Rick is worried for Kim's welfare, but Dan believes she may already have been killed.

Jack tells Mason that Walsh lead him to Penticoff. He thinks the suspect may be vital to the Palmer assassination attempt. If something does happen to Palmer, Mason could be implicated for impeding the investigation. Mason agrees to interrogate Penticoff himself.

As Gaines drives, Kim tries to send a help signal to a driver stopped next to the car. Gaines threatens her with a gun and locks her in the trunk.

4:19 A.M.

Palmer phones network anchor Maureen Kingsley to arrange a meeting in a private hotel conference room.

4:21 A.M.

Teri and York are being questioned by a police officer in the hospital waiting room when Jack phones. He tells her that a man being held might have seen Kim, and he urges Teri to talk to Janet as soon as she's out of surgery. Then Mason tells Jack that Penticoff is asking for him. As Mason and the other agents watch from the observation room, Jack mumbles something to Penticoff that can't be heard by Mason. Penticoff flies off the handle, and tells Jack to go to hell. Jack grabs Penticoff by the hair and sticks his hand into the suspect's mouth. The agents pull Jack off, and Penticoff demands his right to a phone call.

4:23 A.M.

Jack leaves the interrogation room and darts into an empty corridor. Penticoff is led to a phone bay, where he removes a tiny slip of paper from his mouth. He dials the number written on it, getting Jack's cell phone. Penticoff says that some "guys" who have Kimberly will be calling at a phone on San Fernando Road. If he is not there to answer, it will be too late to save her. He tells Jack he'd better get him out.

4:25 A.M.

Jack phones Nina to search for phone lines at the 18166 San Fernando Road address. She finds a nearby pay phone that is in service, and Jack asks her to set up an illegal trace.

4:29 A.M.

In the station hallway, Jack approaches Phillips, the officer partnered with Jessie Hampton before she was killed. Phillips agrees to let Jack talk to Penticoff, opening up the cell with his access card. Penticoff and Jack exchange angry words, and Phillips lunges at Jack to restrain him. As other officers subdue Jack, Penticoff is left holding Phillips' cell access card. When the coast is clear, Penticoff lets himself out.

4:36 A.M.

Maureen Kingsley meets with Palmer in the hotel. Since they have a friendly history, he asks why she is doing this to him. Not only does she have testimony from the therapist, George Ferragamo, but she produces a document from an emergency room list with a signature of Edward Johnson. The scratches on Lyle Gibson's body had been blamed on Nicole fighting back against her rapist. However, an African American teenage boy checked into a hospital near the murder site with the same marks. The signature for Edward Johnson matches Keith's handwriting. Palmer is appalled, telling Maureen to do whatever she has to do. "Just be prepared to accept the consequences," he threatens.

4:41 A.M.

Palmer wakes his son, Keith, and asks him about the night after Nicole's rape. Keith refuses to answer, but says that someone had to deal with it since Palmer was out of town. Palmer is enraged, but senses he's pushed Keith as far as he can. He leaves his son's room.

4:43 A.M.

At the police station, Officer Phillips realizes his access card is missing. Mason checks the security camera, which shows Jack and Penticoff leaving the building together. He has his team track Jack on the satellite.

Teri bares her soul to York, telling him about a fight she had with Kim. He promises to stay with her until they find her daughter.

4:47 A.M.

Jack brings Penticoff to the phone booth on San Fernando Road. Although Nina is tracking the pay phone, a cell phone inside the booth rings instead and Nina can't trace its frequency. Penticoff takes the call from Gaines, who directs him to dispose of a body in a trunk of a car. There are car keys inside the phone booth. Jack is worried that it may be Kimberly in the trunk.

4:54 A.M.

Jack and Penticoff find the car, but the body inside is an unidentified man. Suddenly, Mason and a group of agents surround them. Jack points out that the body is somehow connected to the hit on Palmer. Jack admits that there may be someone inside CTU involved in that assassination attempt, and he appeals to Mason for help. Mason lets Jack go, taking Penticoff back to prison. Jack drives the car to CTU to identify the body in the trunk.

4:57 A.M.

Teri updates Jack on Janet's status. He says that he's on his way to the hospital.

4:59 A.M.

Gaines pulls up to his compound, and Rick is relieved to see Kim still alive. Dan admits to not actually killing Janet, and Gaines shoots him. With Dan dead, Gaines tells Rick that he's been promoted.

At the hospital, Janet's heart monitor flatlines in surgery. York and Teri watch helplessly from outside.

 

5:00 - 6:00 A.M.

5:00 A.M.

The doctors attempt to revive Janet as her blood pressure crashes in surgery. Jack tells Teri not to let anyone near Janet because she may be in real danger. He pulls up to CTU, and hands over the body in the trunk of the car to Nina. Jack gets into a waiting helicopter, asking Nina not to let on that he requisitioned it for personal use. Tony immediately warns Nina about covering up for Jack, but she tells him to back off.

5:05 A.M.

Gaines has Rick bury Dan at the compound. Kim confides in Rick that they should both try to escape since their lives are in danger.

5:06 A.M.

Palmer summons Carl to the hotel suite, and inquires whether he not only knew about Keith's involvement in Lyle Gibson's death, but he covered it up without Palmer's knowledge. Carl comes clean about helping Keith, who only struck back at Gibson in self-defense. He had hidden the truth to save the election. Palmer claims he would have gone to the police. Carl notes that Sherry was the one who sent Keith to him in the first place.

5:14 A.M.

Kim helps Rick dig the grave. He bares his guilt to her, admitting that they were only supposed to hang out with her and Janet. No one was to get hurt.

5:16 A.M.

Jack arrives at the hospital, warning the security there to protect Janet. He greets Teri, and begins to question Alan York. Knowing that York has been a comfort, Teri is bothered by Jack's interrogation.

5:19 A.M.

Palmer confronts his wife about her sending Keith to Carl. The entire family had been keeping the secret from him to protect the election. Palmer admonishes Sherry of being too ambitious. She wants to do anything to keep the story from coming out because Keith may be sent to jail.

5:27 A.M.

As they dig, Kimberly and Rick talk about their mothers. Feeling she has made a bond with him, Kim urges Rick to help her escape. Gaines takes Kim to the house.

Nina still has no name attached to the unidentified body. Jack has her put Jamey on the case so that it's solved sooner.

5:29 A.M.

Teri apologizes to York for her husband's behavior. Jack pulls her away, and reveals that there is a threat on Palmer's life. Janet was endangered because she was with Kim, who may have been kidnapped because of Jack's work. Teri is upset, but Jack assures her that Kim most likely will not be hurt.

5:37 A.M.

Nina pulls Jamey off decoding the key card to help forensics on the unidentified body. Jamey is clearly disappointed that Nina brought in Milo, an outside contractor, to work on the key card.

With a threat against his campaign and family, Palmer wakes up his chief of staff, Mike Novick.

Meanwhile, York rushes up to the ICU to speak to Janet, who is awake. Jack gets a call from Nina with news that the body has a custom-fabricated surgical pin in its ankle that can be traced to an orthopedic surgeon. Nina is hopeful that she'll soon have a name for the John Doe.

5:40 A.M.

After Palmer explains the situation, Novick gives him a realistic analysis of its impact on the election. He advises Palmer to release the story before the network, and suggests that it be at the breakfast planned for that morning. Unfortunately for Palmer, he will need his whole family to support him in the announcement.

5:42 A.M.

The doctor explains to York that she is optimistic about Janet's full recovery. York agrees to let Jack question Janet after he has talked to his daughter first. Jack and Teri are in the hospital hallway when his phone rings. He assumes it is Nina, but it is Gaines, watching from the hospital security cameras. Gaines tells Jack to not alarm Teri and walk away. Gaines threatens to kill Kimberly if he does not obey. Jack listens, and exits out the corridor.

5:46 A.M.

York is taken into ICU alone to see his daughter. Janet looks at him and asks who he is. "Where is my father?" she whispers through shallow breaths in her oxygen mask. York answers by pressing his hand down on her mask and suffocating her. Janet dies.

5:51 A.M.

Still talking to Gaines on the phone, Jack is led to a waiting car in the hospital parking garage. He asks whether his daughter is still alive, and Gaines briefly puts Kim on the phone for proof. Then Gaines has Jack place a small object in his ear. With this device working as a transmitter, Gaines orders Jack to throw his cell phone out the window, and he has him drive toward the CTU office. York, meanwhile, tells Teri that the girls were partying with some boys who got too aggressive. Janet gave him an address in Bel Air where Kim may have gone. York lures Teri to his car so that they can track Kim down. Teri tries calling Jack, but her husband doesn't pick up his cell phone.

As she watches Rick bury Dan, Kim assures him that her father will save them.

5:57 A.M.

Milo tells Jamey that he was able to quickly break into the key card, and she is somewhat put off. Nina tells her that, based on the surgical pin, they have identified the body.

In the car, Teri notices a scratch on York's wrist. Although he had received it while killing Janet, he lies about its origin. Nina calls Teri when she can not reach Jack. They are both confused, because they each thought the other was with him. Nina tells Teri to pass a message to Jack: the murder victim's name he was looking for is Alan York. Teri is speechless, knowing that the man next to her is not really York.

 

6:00 - 7:00 A.M.

6:00 A.M.

Jonathon, the assassin surgically altered to resemble photographer Martin Belkin, gathers his photo equipment at the desert compound and heads for the Palmer breakfast. Gaines leads Jack, via the transmitter in his ear, to find a key card that resembles the one Walsh gave him.

At CTU, Milo, the freelance contractor, gets closer to decoding information on the assassin on the real key card given by Walsh.

6:05 A.M.

Palmer asks his son to stand beside him at the breakfast when he announces to the press his side of the story about the Gibson murder. Keith accuses Palmer of always putting his career before his family and shuns his father's request.

At the desert compound, Kimberly pleads with Rick to help her escape. Although Gaines said that he would release Rick, Kim knows Gaines won't make good on that promise.

6:08 A.M.

Jack arrives at CTU, and is immediately questioned by Nina. He assures her, unconvincingly, that his daughter is safe. When she tells him that the body in the car has been identified as Alan York, Jack is stunned. He excuses himself from Nina to threaten Gaines through the earpiece. Gaines, who has heard the whole conversation with Nina, assures Jack that Teri and Kimberly will be killed if he does not follow his orders. Gaines then instructs Jack to replace the key card that Milo is decoding with the decoy card. As Jack figures out how to do that, Gaines leaves a cell phone message for Kevin (who is posing as Alan York).

6:12 A.M.

In the car, Teri feigns sickness and asks "York" to pull over. She runs into some nearby bushes. Kevin sees his cell phone blinking, and he listens to the scratchy message from Gaines that his cover has been blown. He turns off the car and follows Teri. Suddenly, she appears from behind a bush and slams his head with a rock. Teri tries to grab his car keys, but he tosses them over the mountain. She hits him in the head again and knocks him out cold.

6:17 A.M.

Teri ties Kevin to a tree with a belt and with jumper cables. She attempts to call for help, but her cell phone is unable to get a signal.

Rick asks Gaines to pay him for his completed job. Gaines doesn't let him leave the compound.

6:19 A.M.

Jack realizes that Gaines has cameras set up inside CTU and is able to see his every move. As Milo gets closer to naming the shooter, Gaines orders Jack to switch the key cards.

6:21 A.M.

Palmer, meanwhile, talks to his daughter about appearing at the breakfast. Although she is worried for her brother, Nicole is even more fearful about reopening past wounds.

6:24 A.M.

Jack "accidentally" spills a cup at Milo's workstation to set up a distraction so that he can switch the key card in the computer.

6:29 A.M.

Since the key card he is working on is a fake, Milo runs into problems trying to decode it. Jamey comes to the rescue with a solution.

Meanwhile Kevin, tied up and beat up, tells Teri that if he doesn't deliver her, then Kimberly will be killed. Teri is confused at what to do. She again tries in vain to get her cell phone to pick up service.

6:31 A.M.

Gaines has Jack contact Palmer's Secret Service detail to request clearance for the breakfast.

Rick delivers the news to Kimberly that Gaines won't let him go. He makes a plan with her to escape, but their secret conversation is interrupted by Eli, another one of Gaines' thugs. Kim reacts quickly, pulling Rick on top of her in an embrace. She pretends that he is raping her, and Eli leaves them alone. Rick tells Kim to meet him outside later for their escape.

6:36 A.M.

Milo figures out that he has been working with a different key card, and he suspects that Jack may have switched it when he came to his desk. Nina confronts Jack about the key card exchange, and offers to call Division if he does not turn the original one over. Jack pulls a gun on Nina, threatening her life. Gaines, through the earpiece, tells Jack to get her out of the building. Jack puts a jacket on Nina to hide the gun he has at her back. He walks her outside to his car. Tony stops them on the way out, and Jack tells him they are on their way to an official jurisdiction meeting.

6:42 A.M.

Teri finally gets phone service, and she dials Jack's cell phone. A hospital worker picks up the ringing cell phone on the ground in the garage, and Teri quickly realizes that something is wrong. She then calls Nina at CTU, but Jamey picks up. Teri pleads for help, explaining that both she and Kimberly have been kidnapped. Jamey takes down Teri's location and promises to send someone to retrieve her.

6:43 A.M.

Sherry asks Palmer about the possibility of blackmailing network anchor Maureen Kingsley into dropping the Keith murder story. Palmer is reluctant to lie, but Sherry is motivated to save both her son and her husband's candidacy.

Meanwhile, Rick leaves the barn where Kim is being held, leaving the door unlocked. While Rick distracts Eli, Kim escapes. Rick and Kim meet up to make a run for the compound's fence.

Two men show up to help Teri, identifying themselves as CTU agents. Yet when one starts to untie Kevin, the other takes Teri hostage. These men are not from CTU.

6:48 A.M.

Tony asks Jamey about a supposed jurisdiction meeting that Jack and Nina were headed to. She does not know of the meeting, and with no phone call from Nina, Tony grows worried. He asks Jamey to pull the security footage from Jack's office.

6:49 A.M.

Jack has Nina drive the car, giving her directions fed from Gaines through the earpiece. Nina starts to suspect that everything Jack's been telling her about his daughter's kidnapping and the mole inside CTU may be false.

6:54 A.M.

Jack has Nina stop the car at an empty industrial area. Another car has followed them there. Under Gaines' instructions, Jack takes Nina outside and shoots her in the chest. Her body falls down an embankment. The men in the second car confirm for Gaines on video that Nina is dead.

6:57 A.M.

As Kim and Rick dig their way underneath the chain link fence to freedom, Teri is dragged into the compound. Kim sees Teri and insists on staying to help her mother. Kim aborts her escape and returns to her "cell". Rick begrudgingly follows.

6:59 A.M.

Tony scans the CTU security footage, and sees Jack take Nina at gunpoint. He is further surprised when he sees Jack hand Nina a bulletproof flak jacket. Meanwhile, at the industrial site, Nina wakes up. She pulls the bullet shells from the Kevlar jacket and, although she is somewhat shaken, she realizes what has happened. Nina walks off.

 

7:00 - 8:00 A.M.

7:00 A.M.

Having been shot (and saved by the flak jacket that Jack gave her), Nina wanders off from the industrial area, dazed and bruised.

Palmer tells his wife Sherry and son Keith that he plans to admit the truth in his breakfast speech. Sherry and Keith are not pleased.

The assassin Jonathan arrives for the Palmer breakfast at the San Clarita power plant. With the face and identification of Martin Belkin, he is admitted in by the Secret Service.

Gaines directs Jack to pick up a briefcase. When Jack begins to waver, Gaines briefly puts Teri on the phone. He sends Jack to the San Clarita power station.

7:08 A.M.

Gaines sends Jamey an instant message. At CTU, Jamey grabs her handheld device and goes into a bathroom stall, as Gaines watches all this on his surveillance monitor. Through the handheld, she tells Gaines that Milo is aware that he has the wrong keycard, but that she will handle it. She is shocked when Gaines informs her that Nina is dead.

7:11 A.M.

Teri is brought to the shack where Kimberly is being held. Kim explains that she met Rick and Dan through Janet, and she is upset to learn that Janet has died.

7:17 A.M.

Nina finds a phone and dials Jamey. Jamey is not at her desk to answer it. Nina then calls Tony, asking for Jamey. Tony is about to hand the phone to Jamey, but overhears her telling Milo that Nina is at an all-day meeting. When Tony questions her about her information, she says that she just spoke to Nina. Tony senses she is lying, and he tells Nina about what Jamey said. Nina realizes that Jamey cannot be trusted, and explains to Tony about CTU being infiltrated. He sends a car to pick her up.

7:25 A.M.

Jack arrives at the power plant. While clearing Jack for entry into the breakfast, Secret Service Agent Pierce asks Jack to open the briefcase. Inside is a laptop computer. Although Jack is unsure of what the computer really is (a bomb?), it safely powers on. The Secret Service allows him entry into the event. Jessica, Palmer's press assistant, recognizes Jack from high school and greets him warmly. Jack nervously moves away from her, as Gaines orders him to wait for his contact. Jack makes eye contact with Palmer and resists the urge to warn the Senator. Palmer moves on, and gets introduced to who he thinks is photographer Martin Belkin. No one knows that this is the candidate's intended assassin.

7:29 A.M.

As Kim sleeps, Rick brings breakfast to the women. Knowing that he is the one who kidnapped her daughter, Teri hits him. As Rick tries to explain, Eli interrupts. He warns Rick not to make friends with the two women because they won't be around much longer.

At the power plant, Jessica approaches Jack again. He attempts to write a warning on his business card, but Gaines sees this and orders one of his men to break things up. Jack realizes that he is still being watched, and pockets his card. Gaines directs Jack deep into the facility to a closet.

Tony kisses Nina when she arrives at a CTU back door. He takes her into a secure room with no active cameras. She briefs him on Teri and Kimberly's kidnapping, and he is sure that it has something to do with the Palmer case. Since their official mandate is to protect Palmer, they both decide that they must warn the Secret Service.

7:36 A.M.

Jonathan comes to the room where Jack is waiting and opens up the briefcase. Under the laptop computer are gun parts. While Jonathan puts on latex fingerprint patches, he orders Jack to assemble the gun so that his fingerprints will be on it. Jonathan begins to leave with the weapon stored in his camera bag, but Jack pulls his own gun on the hitman. Jonathan warns him that his family is in jeopardy if he is stopped. Jack lets the man leave.

7:41 A.M.

To set a trap, Tony makes sure he is within earshot of Jamey when he tells Milo that Jack did swap the key card. Tony contacts Agent Pierce at the Secret Service to inform him that Jack is a threat to Palmer. Pierce is to take any appropriate action. From the secure room, Nina watches on surveillance monitors as Jamey approaches the bathroom with her handheld device. Tony waits outside the bathroom. Nina, through an ear mike, directs Tony as he grabs Jamey and takes her out of the bathroom. Because the surveillance cameras are on a 20-second rotating loop, Gaines does not see Tony and Jamey.

7:44 A.M.

Agent Pierce pulls Palmer aside and warns him that a CTU agent at the event may be a threat. Pierce wants to remove the candidate from the premises, but Palmer decides to proceed. He is eager to make his speech. Pierce notifies his agents that they are to detain Jack.

Tony brings Jamey to the secure room, and she is surprised to see Nina alive. Although Jamey at first plays dumb, Tony and Nina threaten her with murder and treason charges. Jamey admits that she has been passing messages, but won't reveal who her employer is until she talks to a CTU lawyer. Tony and Nina are worried that they do not have much time to help Jack.

7:52 A.M.

At the desert compound, Teri tries to find an escape from the cabin prison. Aware that they both might be killed, she tells Kimberly that she loves her.

While Jonathan puts Palmer in his crosshairs, one of the Secret Service agents approaches Jack. Knowing he doesn't have much time, Jack reaches for the agent's gun. The agent quickly disables Jack, and notifies the other agents through his headset to cover Palmer. Jack feigns innocence out loud for Gaines' benefit. The Secret Service quickly swarm Palmer and remove him from the podium. Jack begs Gaines for mercy, claiming he was not involved, but when the Secret Service pins Jack to the ground, the transmitter falls from his ear. Gaines orders Eli to kill Teri and Kim, and then notices an instant message from Jamey. Nina and Tony, having seen the melee at the Palmer breakfast on television, instruct Jamey to tell Gaines that the CTU ordered Jack's arrest because they have been tailing him all night long for insubordination. Gaines realizes this is plausible, and hangs up on Jamey. He receives another phone call. Instead of his usual bravado, he talks to this unknown person with deference. Gaines informs the mystery caller that he has a backup plan that will be put into effect the same day. As Eli is about to kill Teri and Kimberly, Gaines orders him to keep the women alive.

7:59 A.M.

At the power plant, Jack is taken into custody by the Secret Service.

8:00 - 9:00 A.M.

8:00 A.M.

At the Palmer power plant breakfast, Jack is apprehended by Secret Service. Other Secret Service teams quickly remove Palmer and Sherry from the power plant. Despite the hysteria, Palmer is not concerned about any threat to his life. Meanwhile, Jack tries to explain to Secret Service Agent Simes that he is working to protect Palmer. He warns them about the assassin, Martin Belkin, but they still do not trust him.

Tony and Nina interrogate Jamey. She gives up Gaines' name and admits to setting up the surveillance cameras inside CTU. Jamey agrees to call Gaines on a land phone line. Gaines, meanwhile, is in a panic because he can not reach Jonathan, the assassin, but he calms when Jamey tells him that she will find out what happened to Jack. Nina has Milo research Gaines' identity, putting him in charge of all Jamey's projects.

8:09 A.M.

Jack admits the truth to Simes about his family's kidnapping and the plot to assassinate Palmer, but Simes doesn't have the authority or the inclination to release him. Simes orders him sent to the District office for questioning. As Jack is being led out of the power plant, he daringly escapes from the Secret Service agents by turning on valves to blow steam into their paths. Although he is still handcuffed, Jack is able to steal one of the agents' guns and make it out of the power plant. Jack stops an oncoming car, gets in, and at gunpoint, forces the terrified driver to pull away.

8:13 A.M.

Jack directs the driver, a waitress named Lauren Proctor, to park at a construction site. They break into an office so that Jack can use the phone.

8:16 A.M.

Jamey divulges that she accepted three hundred thousand dollars to provide Gaines information, claiming that her low pay at CTU was not enough to raise her son as a single parent. Yet she will not give them any more information until she receives immunity in writing. Nina gets a call from Jack. He apologizes for shooting her, explaining that they wanted him to kill her for what she knew. Nina tells him that Jamey has confessed to her participation in the plot. Jamey is put on the phone with Jack, and he promises that he will help her. Jamey still won't budge until she gets her immunity. Jack instructs Nina to bring in Jamey's son, and he asks for a car and gun to be sent to him. Lauren asks Jack who he is, but she doesn't believe him when he tells her about his situation. He admits that he needs the police to think that he may do something crazy. Lauren doesn't want to be involved, and after giving him her keys, goes to leave. Jack pulls a gun on her to make her stay.

8:26 A.M.

Sherry and Palmer return to their hotel suite, but Keith is not there. Sherry tries to persuade her husband to fight against Maureen Kingsley's breaking the story about Keith allegedly killing Nicole Palmer's rapist. Palmer is angry at Sherry for keeping this a secret for the past seven years.

8:29 A.M.

Tony apologizes to Jack for his earlier behavior, and Jack tells him that by turning him in to the Secret Service, he helped save Palmer's life. Jack then has Lauren break his handcuffs with a pair of bolt cutters.

Mike Novick (Palmer's Chief of Staff) informs Palmer that a CTU agent named Jack Bauer apparently assaulted a Secret Service agent and that this Bauer claims the move was mis-interpreted. He goes on to explain that after Bauer was apprehended he escaped. Palmer recognizes Jack's name, but can't place how he knows him.

8:30 A.M.

Back at Gaines' compound, Eli, one of Gaines' henchmen, starts to make advances at Kim. Teri tries to stop him but is knocked to the ground. Kim valiantly defends herself as Eli keeps coming. Teri interrupts by offering herself instead of Kim by saying, "I won't fight you." Eli accepts. Kim is in shock when her mother leaves with Eli.

8:36 A.M.

Sherry persuades Maureen Kingsley to hold off on the Keith story by offering up another story for her -- that a government agent was involved in a conspiracy to kill Palmer.

8:42 A.M.

Teri returns to the shed. Kim is hysterical. Teri, with strength and resolve calms Kim and then shows her a cell phone that she stole when she was Eli. She calls Nina, but has to hang up when one of Gaines' thugs comes into the shed.

8:43 A.M.

Keith returns to the hotel suite. Palmer tells his son that he has asked his lawyers to clear his name, but Keith finds little comfort in that. Novick informs Palmer that Maureen Kingsley is sitting on Keith's story. Although Maureen won't say why, Palmer knows that Sherry had something to do with it. Sherry feigns innocence.

8:45 A.M.

While waiting at the construction site, Jack begins to doze off. Lauren is about to leave when he wakes up and catches her.

8:51 A.M.

Nina and Tony threaten Jamey by telling her that her son, Kyle, will see her in shackles and accused of treason. They tell her that Gaines would have eventually gotten to Kyle to prevent Jamey from testifying. Jamey begins take in the full magnitude of the damage she's done and feels the weight of her situation beginning to crush her.

When Secret Service arrives at the construction site, Jack asks Lauren to get the car that's been sent by CTU. She goes outside and, instead of helping Jack, points the Secret Service in his direction. Jack flees out a back window, narrowly escaping the agents. He runs to the waiting CTU car and drives off.

 

8:57 A.M.

Milo reports to Nina and Tony about what he's found on Gaines' identity. He begins to suspect something when they tell him that Jamey's son is being brought in. As they head to the secure room, they discuss the option of bringing Milo into the fold. They find Jamey on the ground, bleeding from her left wrist. A broken coffee cup is on the floor. She has tried to take her own life. Suddenly, Jamey's handheld device rings. It is Gaines calling. Nina and Tony look at the ringing device as they try to revive Jamey.

 

9:00 - 10:00 A.M.

9:00 A.M.

Medics work on Jamey's wrist wounds and move her out of the building. Nina notifies the rest of the office that Jamey tried to commit suicide, but she urges everyone to get back to work. Jack calls Nina from his car for help getting around the roadblocks that the police have set up to trap him. Teri, using the phone she stole from Eli, calls CTU again, and Nina connects her to Jack. Just as Teri is about to speak, Eli and Rick enter the barn to look for Eli's phone. Jack listens as Teri hides the phone from the distrustful Eli. Although Rick notices that the phone is sitting on a rafter, he tells Eli nothing. With the call still connected to CTU, Milo continues his attempts to trace the call.

9:09 A.M.

In a limousine on their way to an appearance at Grant Elementary School, Sherry argues with Palmer. She is still opposed to his releasing the story about the accusations against Keith.

9:12 A.M.

Although Milo has narrowed Teri's location down, it is still too large of an area to pinpoint the exact spot. Tony finds an encrypted email on Jamey's computer and has Milo decode it. Nina and Tony receive news that Jamey has died in the hospital.

9:18 A.M.

After Eli leaves, Teri gives Nina and Jack clues to lead to her location. As he speaks to her, Jack gets pulled over by the police. When the officers approach his car, Jack peels away and the squad car gives chase. Jack pulls into a crowded parking lot and gets out of the car. The policemen follow, but Jack expertly evades them. While hiding underneath a car, Jack draws more information from Teri about where she has been taken. He then asks her to include Kim on the call, and Jack pledges his love to them, vowing to come to their rescue.

9:26 A.M.

Eli returns, and Teri hides the phone again. Jack and Nina listen as Eli attacks Kim. Suddenly, the cell phone beeps when its signal starts to die. Eli finds the phone. When he puts it to his ear, Jack threatens him about hurting Teri and Kim. Eli hangs up. He goes to notify Gaines, but Rick stops him with a warning: Gaines will not be happy to learn that Teri and Kim called for help with the phone Eli lost. Nina dejectedly tells Jack that they were unable to get the trace before the call was abruptly ended.

9:32 A.M.

Still hiding from the police in the parking lot, Jack hotwires a car. He pulls out onto the street and escapes. Tony tells Jack that he found the name Ted Cofell on Jamey's computer. Jack finds out where Coffell works and Jack decides to go there-it's the only lead he had. He warns Tony that Gaines may still make contact with Jamey because he doesn't know that she is dead.

Gaines attempts to send a message to Jamey, but receives no response. Andre Drazen calls from a Lear jet on his way to Los Angeles. He and his brother are upset that the Palmer assassination has not been completed. Gaines assures him that the job will be accomplished by the end of the day. Drazen threatens that he will instruct Cofell to empty the bank account from which Gaines was to be paid. It becomes clear that Gaines has only a monetary interest in seeing Palmer killed. To the Drazens, it's personal.

9:36 A.M.

Sherry calls Carl, Palmer's former political "fix-it" guy, and asks him to prevent Maureen Kingsley from running the story. Although he won't divulge his actions, Carl admits to "taking care" of the evidence against Keith.

9:38 A.M.

Jamey's email shows a $1 million wire transfer to Gaines from a Swiss bank account. Since Cofell is involved in finance, he is probably the one who made the transfer. After Nina briefs him on Cofell's background, Jack calls the man's office and pretends to be an old friend. He learns that Cofell will be leaving at 10:00 a.m.

9:43 A.M.

Tony informs Nina that a temporary replacement for Jack is being sent to run the CTU field office. It is Alberta Green, who used to work under Nina, but it's clear that there's no love lost between Nina and Green.

9:45 A.M.

Kim asks her mother why Jack had moved out. Teri explains that after Jack was away on a mission, he returned home distant and angry. Although separating for a while, they decided to get back together.

9:46 A.M.

Tony learns that Cofell is scheduled to take a private plane to Denver, but he does not know if there is any connection is to Gaines. Alberta Green arrives at CTU, and Nina introduces the staff to the Acting Director. Jack has been indefinitely relieved of his duties, and Green announces that Jack is now a fugitive wanted in the assassination attempt of Palmer. Finding him is their first mission.

9:50 A.M.

While reporters watch, Palmer talks to the kids at the Watts School. Palmer's chief of staff, Mike Novick, receives a call from Frank Ames, Palmer's biggest campaign donor. Ames has learned of the accusations against Keith triggered by the confessions of Keith's therapist, Dr. George Ferragamo. He is wary that two other contributors ordered Carl to get rid of the therapist. Scared of becoming involved in something so scandalous, Ames tells Palmer he is disavowing himself from the campaign. Palmer is furious, and has Novick contact Carl.

 

9:56 A.M.

Nina lies to Green, saying that she has not spoken to Jack. Green is aware of Nina and Jack's past relationship, and she suspects that Nina is hiding something.

Jack arrives at Cofell's office, but Cofell is already in the elevator. Jack pulls the fire alarm, and Cofell's elevator stops, giving Jack time to dart down the stairwell. In the garage, Jack approaches Cofell's driver. Cofell arrives in the garage and gets inside his limo. He does not notice that Jack is at the wheel.

9:59 A.M.

Kimberly notices Teri grab her belly and wince slightly in pain. She asks Teri if Eli had hurt her, but Teri says no.

 

10:00 - 11:00 A.M.

10:00 A.M.

Alberta Green notifies the CTU staff that Martin Belkin is now a suspect in the Palmer assassination attempt. She asks Nina whether she has heard from Jack, but Nina denies speaking to him.

Jack, meanwhile, drives Ted Cofell in a limousine. Cofell realizes that his regular driver is not behind the wheel, and reaches for his cell phone. Jack locks the doors, pulls over and draws his gun on the man. Cofell feigns innocence, claiming not to know about either Gaines or Jack's family. Jack waits while he has Nina put together an interrogation file on Cofell.

Rick asks Teri and Kim not to say anything to him because Eli has sent him in to get information. Rick quickly leaves the shed, and Eli questions him outside. Not liking Rick's empty answers, Eli beats him up.

10:09 A.M.

Nina is secretly researching Ted Cofell's background when Alberta Green approaches with a question about the passenger list of the plane that went down. An empty seat in First Class was actually filled by Martin Belkin, and Nina has determined that a lookalike assassin was actually at the breakfast. Suddenly, Jack calls Nina again. Nina pretends that the caller is someone from FBI, and Alberta asks to speak to the agent. Nina is about to be caught in a lie, when Tony distracts Alberta to come to his desk. Nina goes back to Jack's call and gives him the small amount of background on Cofell she could find. She describes Cofell as an ambitious control freak, and because he is so tightly wound, Nina advises that he could probably be persuaded with the threat of pain.

10:13 A.M.

Jack gets inside the limo's backseat and questions Cofell again. Cofell admits to being on his way to a meeting with a machine tool businessman before he is to arrive at the airport. Jack has Nina run the name of Kevin Carroll. When he threatens to torture Cofell, the man still pleads innocence.

Andre Drazen arrives at the desert compound, unhappy with how Gaines has mishandled the operation. Drazen threatens to pull the plug, but gives Gaines thirty more minutes to find Jack. If Gaines does not succeed, Drazen will enact a contingency plan to complete the assassination against Palmer and kill Jack. He will then order Gaines to get rid of Teri and Kim. Nearby, Rick overhears the whole conversation.

Palmer is interrupted at his school visit when Mike Novick gets Carl on the phone. Although Palmer demands to speak to him in person, Carl brushes off any insinuations and says that he is not available. When Palmer threatens to spread information about him, Carl agrees to meet.

10:23 A.M.

Nina tells Jack that she found six people with the name Kevin Carroll, and one does work for a machine tool company. She suggests that perhaps Cofell is innocent. Jack, however, is insistent that Cofell is somehow involved. With no other lead to go on, Jack drives Cofell to meet with Carroll.

10:27 A.M.

Teri - Kim abdominal pain

As Jack drives, he doesn't notice Cofell pull out a hidden Micro Tech Halo II knife.

Still posing for reporters at the elementary school, Palmer pulls Sherry aside and asks if she has recently spoken to Carl. She says that Carl claimed to "take care of the evidence" against Keith, but that she doesn't know what that phrase means. Palmer is upset that she did not tell him about this, and alludes to a time when she deceived him seven years ago. Novick informs Palmer that he has checked into Jack's background and found many gaps in his history that are classified. Palmer asks if one of those gaps was in the summer from two years ago. Novick is surprised that Palmer knows that, but before he can ask about it, Palmer says they have other things to deal with first.

10:35 A.M.

Jack pulls the limo into an empty parking garage where Cofell is supposed to meet Kevin Carroll. Jack gets in the backseat to wait, and Cofell lunges at him with the knife. Jack fights him off and punches Cofell. Cofell curses at Jack in a foreign language, and Jack recognizes it as Serbian. Cofell tells Jack that he deserves what is happening to him and that he will pay. Suddenly, Cofell suffers a heart attack. Jack holds the man's medicine to entice him into revealing more information. When Cofell goes violently silent, Jack forces the medicine into his throat. Cofell spits the pill out. As Jack pounds his chest unsuccessfully, Cofell dies.

10:39 A.M.

Nina consoles Jack, but he believes that this hit on Palmer has some personal connection to himself. He has Nina find a link between his old field assignments and Cofell's background, specifically looking at Operation Nightfall where Jack was in Belgrade and Kosovo. Jack props up the deceased Cofell in the back seat.

Since Alberta Green probably suspects that they are already helping Jack, Tony asks Nina whether they should just admit to what's been going on. Nina holds firm to standing by Jack's wishes. She does not want all of CTU involved for fear of unearthing another mole like Jamey. Tony doesn't like it, but he accepts her decision.

Teri is trying to keep the sleepy Kim awake when Rick enters. He gives the women Dan's gun that was left in the van. Teri understands that this time, Gaines intends to kill them.

10:45 A.M.

While Jack waits in the driver's seat, another car enters the parking garage. The man known as Alan York gets into the backseat, not noticing that Cofell is dead. Jack locks the doors and turns to Kevin Carroll, who had been posing as York. Jack doesn't flinch when Carroll draws a gun and shoots repeatedly at the partition. The partition doesn't shatter because it's bulletproof. Jack speeds off, jerking Carroll back and forth in the backseat, and then quickly slams on the brakes. Although Jack is held in by his seatbelt, Carroll slams, head first, into the partition.

10:51 A.M.

Jack traps the unconscious Carroll with tape and asks about Teri and Kimberly. Carroll tells him that they are safe, but if they don't get there soon it may be too late. Since Jack is no longer under their control, there is no point in keeping Teri and Kim alive. If Carroll brings him to his family, Jack will allow him to walk away alive. If not, he will be tortured. Carroll agrees to direct him.

With the half-hour passed, Drazen has Gaines get rid of Teri and Kim. His contingency plan does not involve them. Gaines orders Eli to kill the women.

Carl arrives at the elementary school, and Palmer slips away from the reporters to speak with him. Palmer chides him for harming anyone in the name of his candidacy, but Carl claims that he never had any choice in the matter. The people that want Palmer in office will do anything to get him there. Palmer then leaves an urgent message on George Ferragamo's answering machine.

10:59 A.M.

Eli comes into the shed, and Teri draws the gun on him. She fires, but the gun chamber is empty. Eli grabs Teri and pulls out his own gun. She knocks his gun aside and he flips open a pocketknife on Kim. Teri grabs the gun and shoots Eli. He falls dead. Since anyone listening will assume Eli meant to kill two people, Teri fires a second shot to simulate the second murder. They hide Eli's body.

 

11:00 - 12:00 P.M.

11:00 A.M.

Jack has a tied up Kevin Carroll (formerly known as Alan York) lead him into the North Valley towards the compound where Teri and Kim are being held.

Alberta Green tells her CTU staff that finding Jack has become the top priority. Nina lets Jack know that pressure is being put upon her to come clean, but he asks her to deny everything. He needs her to download satellite photos of Gaines' compound to his handheld device. Nina tells Tony that she will still keep her communication with Jack hidden from Green, and Tony assures her that he will cover for her.

11:05 A.M.

Teri and Kim hide Eli's corpse under a metal tub, but when his beeper goes off they realize that the other henchmen are looking for him. Teri takes Eli's knife and Kim covers up the blood on the ground.

11:08 A.M.

As Jack waits outside Gaines compound, Nina pulls up satellite images from the surrounding area. She is worried when she sees a multitude of armed guards there. Before she sends the photos to his handheld device, she tries to persuade Jack to confess the truth to Alberta Green so that they can send him backup. Jack adamantly refuses, explaining that CTU involvement could jeopardize his family's safety. He then puts Carroll in the driver's seat to have him to drive onto the compound.

11:09 A.M.

Palmer tells his chief of staff, Mike Novick, about Carl's plan to silence Keith's therapist, George Ferragamo. Palmer admits his attempt to warn Ferragamo, and Novick is furious that Palmer would expose himself, jeopardizing the campaign.

11:11 A.M.

While Jack hides in the backseat with his gun trained, Carroll drives up to the gate and is allowed entry to the compound. Carroll tries to play mind games with Jack about Teri's fidelity, but Jack ignores him and jams his gun into the back of Carroll's head. Carroll points to a building where Teri and Kim may be held, and Jack knocks him out cold.

11:16 A.M.

Gaines, meanwhile, has his men empty out his control room. Rick is among them, and Gaines sends him to fetch Eli. Outside, Jack tracks the buildings on his handheld device and hides from the many armed guards.

11:20 A.M.

Palmer finally speaks to Ferragamo, but the doctor believes that the Senator is trying to threaten him again. Ferragamo immediately hangs up. Palmer has his driver to pull over. Although he is expected to give a speech in an hour, he wants to go to Ferragamo's office.

11:22 A.M.

Teri and Kim are about to leave the shed when they hear someone come in. They wait with weapons ready, but are relieved to find that it is Jack. All three are overcome with emotion.

11:28 A.M.

Alberta Green is convinced that Nina and Tony know where Jack is, and she offers them the chance to tell the truth. Neither admits anything, and she separates the two with suspension from the CTU.

11:30 A.M.

Jack puts a chokehold on Rick when he comes in the shed, but Teri and Kim beg him to let go.

Green interrogates Tony, and accuses him of covering up for Nina. Green believes that Jack is involved in the hit on Palmer, and she wants answers about what he is doing. She threatens to prosecute Tony for impeding an investigation.

11:33 A.M.

Jack plans to go to the waiting car, but Teri doesn't want them to separate. Rick proposes that he use one of Gaines' vans to help them escape. Kim assures her father that Rick can be trusted, and Jack reluctantly agrees to the plan. Gaines calls on the walkie-talkie, and Rick tells him that Eli is digging a grave for the women.

11:39 A.M.

Rick grabs a gun and starts up one of the moving vans. When Gaines questions him, Rick says that Eli asked him to help carry the bodies. Before Gaines can argue, he gets a call that one of his henchmen has found Kevin Carroll unconscious. Gaines orders Rick to drive him there.

11:42 A.M.

Novick gives Palmer advice before his meeting with Ferragamo. Yet when they pull up, fire engines are surrounding the office complex. Novick learns that there was a gas explosion from which Ferragamo did not survive. Palmer heads toward the crime scene, and Novick forcibly stops him. Novick recommends that Palmer's presence at the building will send the wrong signal even if it was not a murder. They drive away.

11:45 A.M.

Green is about to give Tony an ultimatum, but she is interrupted by a phone call from Jack. He says that although he couldn't risk contacting anyone at CTU, he has uncovered the people behind the Palmer assassination and located the coordinates of their hideout.

11:52 A.M.

Green notifies Nina and Tony about Jack's call. Pending further evidence, she retracts their suspension. Nina takes Tony's hand to express her gratitude for what he did for her.

11:54 A.M.

Gaines revives Carroll, who tells him that Jack is on the premises. Suddenly, Rick peels out with the van. Gaines sees this and orders his men to seal the gates. Rick goes to the shed and picks up the Bauers. Gaines finds Eli dead in the empty shed, and heads to the compound's entrance. As Jack speeds to the gate, guards shoot at the van, causing it to careen to a halt. Jack hides his family behind the van as Gaines and his men fire at them. Jack shoots back, but sends Teri and Kim into the woods with his handheld map. Rick stays at the van to backup Jack, but gets clipped in the arm. Jack stabs a hole in the gas tank, and he and Rick take off towards the women. When Gaines and his men approach the van, Jack fires at the gas tank and the van explodes. Teri and Kim see the explosion from a distance. Jack helps a weakened Rick run away.

 

12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.

12:00 P.M.

Gaines and his men search the woods for the Bauers. Teri and Kim head for the water tower alone, with Jack and Rick not far behind.

 

12:07 P.M.

At CTU, Nina is worried because she can't get through to Jack. Tony comforts her. Alberta Green informs them that Jamey Farrell's mother had received $300,000 over the last four months. She wants Nina and Tony to question the woman when she comes to pick up Jamey's son.

 

12:08 P.M.

Palmer and Mike Novick argue about how to proceed after George Ferragamo's death. Palmer wants to spill everything to network anchor Maureen Kingsley before confessing to the District Attorney. Novick, however, wants to gather all the facts first before they act. He convinces Palmer to consult with Sherry.

12:09 P.M.

Gaines explains the situation to Andre Drazen, who orders Gaines to deliver Jack's dead body. Kevin Carroll tells Gaines that Jack had sent his coordinates to someone, and that they should expect the government to arrive very soon. He suggests that they just leave. Gaines informs him that the Drazens will eventually find them. The only way for them to stay alive is to kill Jack.

12:10 P.M.

Jack and Rick arrive at the water tower, but Teri and Kim are not there. Forced to take another route to avoid Gaines' men, Teri and Kim get lost in the woods.

12:16 P.M.

Palmer speaks to Sherry about Ferragamo, and she agrees with Mike Novick's assessment to not reveal anything. Palmer and his campaign will suffer if he tries to take on Carl and the men he works for. Sherry believes that once Palmer becomes President, he will have the kind of power it takes to make a difference. Not only will he be able to fight Carl and his people but he'll also be able to help millions of Americans.

12:20 P.M.

With still no sign of Teri and Kim, Jack calls Alberta Green to inform her of the complication in plans and his intention to go back and look for them. Green sends in reinforcements to pick them up at the water tower.

12:21 P.M.

Teri and Kim find an abandoned miner's cabin and hide out inside. One of Gaines' men comes upon the cabin, but is called away by Gaines before he spots the women. Just when they think the coast is clear, the man sees the women in the cabin, but Jack appears and shoots the man dead. Jack grabs the dead man's walkie-talkie and takes Teri and Kim to the water tower.

12:29 P.M.

Nina and Tony question Erica Vasquez, Jamey's mother, about the large sums of money in her bank account. Jamey deposited them for her son in case something ever happened to her. Mrs. Vasquez says that Jamey never told her where the money came from.

12:31 P.M.

As Gaines tries to communicate with his men via the walkie-talkie, Jack listens in and figures out how to avoid them.

Palmer tries to come clean to Maureen Kingsley, but she already knew about Ferragamo's death. She left her network job because the people who are trying to control Palmer had threatened her. The evidence against Keith was destroyed in the fire, and Kingsley is convinced that nothing will stop these people from getting what they want.

12:35 P.M.

Gaines finds the dead body of his man in the miner's cabin. The radio is missing, and Gaines knows that Jack has been listening to them.

Tony and Nina discover that the money was transferred to Mrs. Vasquez from a holding company based in Belgrade. Nina remembers that Jack thought there might have been a connection to Belgrade related to a previous assignment. Although Nina had originally come up with nothing, she and Tony dig deeper.

12:36 P.M.

Jack, Teri and Kim come upon a lake across from the water tower. There is no sign of CTU. Kim grows impatient and starts to head toward Rick in the water tower. Suddenly, a shot rings out in their direction coming from Gaines. Knowing that he is the primary target, Jack heads towards Gaines alone. Gaines orders Kevin to circle around and come at Jack from another angle. Knowing that Jack can hear him, Gaines taunts Jack. Gaines eventually pins Jack down with a constant barrage of rifle fire. Jack finds a piece of metal garbage in the woods, and uses the glare from the reflection of the sun to blind Gaines as he looks through his rifle scope. In that brief moment, Jack breaks cover and fires, grazing Gaines. The CTU chopper arrives overhead. Kevin hears this and leaves.

12:44 P.M.

Just before Palmer is about to confess to the D.A. Carl shows up at the hotel suite. Carl lets on that there may perhaps be something planted at the Ferragamo fire that would incriminate Keith. If Palmer comes out with the story to anyone, Keith could find himself implicated in two murders. With his back against a wall, Palmer tells Novick that he has nothing to say to the D.A. "I'm running for President," he declares. "And I'm going to win." Palmer silently returns to his room. Novick and Sherry trade looks.

12:51 P.M.

The CTU chopper lands to pick up Teri and Kim. Just as they are about to board the chopper, Kim runs toward the water tower to get Rick. Teri follows her, but Rick is nowhere to be found. He has run off onto a nearby highway. In the woods, Jack follows a trail of Gaines' blood. Gaines tells him over the walkie-talkie that he has no other option but to kill him. Jack asks about the Belgrade connection and why his family was brought into it. Gaines says that the people involved wanted to make it personal. Jack comes up behind Gaines and demands that he drop his gun. Jack offers up immunity for his help. Gaines turns around, still holding his weapon, and Jack shoots him dead.

12:57 P.M.

Jack returns to the water tower to pick up his family. They all board the chopper en route to safety. Rick, meanwhile, gets on a bus, hiding his bloodied wounds from the other passengers.

12:59 P.M.

Green relays the good news about Jack to Nina and Tony. They inform her that they found another wire transfer to an assassin from Belgrade. This second hitman left Yugoslavia earlier in the morning and is already in Los Angeles.

 

1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.

1:00 P.M.

Jack and his family arrive at CTU by helicopter. He is alarmed when Teri winces in pain, but she attributes her stomach cramps to stress. She and Kim are sent to a clinic for a checkup, and Jack begs Nina to watch over them. Green reluctantly agrees to let Nina go, and takes Jack inside to be questioned and placed under arrest.

 

1:07 P.M.

Sherry makes an appeal to Palmer about not revealing information about either Keith or George Ferragamo in his appearances. Surprisingly, he doesn't put up a fight. He explains that his campaign financiers are blackmailing him into obeying their wishes or they will implicate Keith in Ferragamo's murder. He warns his wife not to tell Keith.

 

1:09 P.M.

Teri and Kim are greeted at the clinic by Dr. Kent. Teri asks the doctor to keep the information about her rape hidden from her husband.

1:15 P.M.

Palmer and Mike Novick talk about the Ferragamo situation, and Keith overhears part of the conversation. Palmer is forced to tell his son that the psychiatrist died in an office fire. Knowing that Ferragamo was the one who had connected him to Lyle Gibson's murder, Keith doesn't believe that the man's death was indeed an accident. Keith becomes upset, because Ferragamo was the only one in the past who was there for him. He wants to go public with the death, but Palmer assures him that keeping it quiet is for the best.

1:18 P.M.

Regional Director Ryan Chappelle comes to the CTU office to interrogate Jack. He records their conversation.

1:21 P.M.

Nina arrives at the clinic, looking for Jack's family, but comes upon an FBI agent in waiting room 3. When she finds the women, there's awkwardness between her and Teri. Nina goes back to waiting room 3, and the FBI agent she first met is gone. Nina asks another agent if he was part of their team, but the agent is unaware of another man there. Nina becomes suspect of the man's identity, as well as Teri and Kim's safety.

1:29 P.M.

Jack recounts his actions for Chappelle, explaining his deviation from protocol. Chappelle, however, can not reinstate Jack in CTU. Jack argues that, because if his proximity to the case, he can be a valuable resource in protecting Palmer. Alberta Green has only been on the job for four hours. Their conversation is interrupted by a phone call from Nina. She is hesitant to reveal her uncertainties about a threat at the clinic, but asks whether Jack had harbored any thoughts to someone else on the inside working against Palmer. Jack admits that he had assumed that someone higher up or in another division must have recruited Jamey. Nina reassures him that his family is safe under her watch.

Tony updates Green on the three shooters that may have been hired as a backup plan to assassinate Palmer. He has two of their names, but still does not know who the third might be.

1:33 P.M.

The shooter, Alexis, who just arrived from Yugoslavia, spies on Kevin Carroll. Carroll is leading Gaines' men to load their equipment into an abandoned house at a transfer point. Alexis confirms their identities against information on his handheld device. Carroll, who doesn't see Alexis, calls Andre Drazen to tell him that Gaines was killed. He offers up his services to finish the operation. Drazen informs Carroll that he won't be needed since a backup plan is already in effect. As the men complete their move, Alexis sets off a detonator that explodes the house. Carroll, who was blown back, is still alive. Alexis approaches Carroll and shoots him.

1:41 P.M.

Tony assesses the Palmer situation for Green and advises that the candidate leave California. Impressed by his abilities and looking to get him on her side, Green proposes that Tony talk to Chappelle about Jack. She suggests he say that even though the Bauers were in danger, Jack could have dealt with the situation without compromising CTU. This admission would cause her to look favorably at a promotion for Tony.

1:42 P.M.

Green comes in to debrief Jack, and he asks to phone his wife and daughter in return for his cooperation. Green does not give him permission to make the call. He explains that they need to get the CIA to open up their Balkan terrorist database, because the financier of the attack, Ted Cofell, had family connections there. Green is intrigued by Jack's information.

Nina, meanwhile, calls Tony and tells him about the questionable FBI agent at the clinic. She asks him to send someone over to dust for fingerprints.

1:45 P.M.

Keith informs his mother that he is going to tell the police the truth about George Ferragamo's murder. Sherry stops him, with the reasoning that it was their decision to remain silent. She is only doing what's best to keep her family safe. Palmer comes in and tells Sherry that they must leave California because of the imminent threat against his life. The family packs up their things for the trip to an Air Force base in Nevada.

1:51 P.M.

Tony is summoned to speak to Chappelle. Chappelle explains that, since Tony is the most impartial observer to the events of the past night, his testimony may decide the charges brought against Jack. Tony admits to not being a fan of Jack or his managerial style, but he wholeheartedly approves of everything Jack has done since midnight on the Palmer case.

In the limo, Mike Novick informs Palmer what he has uncovered on Jack Bauer, who they still believe to be the primary assassination suspect. Jack had led a Special Forces team in Bosnia, and Palmer recognizes Jack's name from a Drazen mission. Palmer believes that Jack is seeking revenge on him because he blames him for the deaths of his men on the Bosnia team.

1:55 P.M.

Palmer's aide, Elizabeth Nash, leaves the hotel suite without the rest of the campaign team. She claims that she is taking a later flight so that she can visit an aunt in a nursing home. Instead, Elizabeth goes to another suite in the hotel and knocks on the door. Alexis, the hired assassin, answers. The two rip off each other's clothes and begin to make love.

Nina is surprised when the CTU technician finds no fingerprints in waiting room 3. They weren't cleaned by housekeeping, but wiped off by a pro. She asks Green's permission to transfer Teri and Kim to a safe house.

Dr. Kent informs Teri that her test results show that the bursting of an ovarian cyst caused her stomach pain, so she orders a pregnancy test just to be safe. Nina rushes in to take Teri to the safe house. On her way out, Teri is handed a home pregnancy test by the doctor. Nina thinks she sees the suspicious man posing as an FBI agent, but finds nothing. As Nina leads the Bauers into a car, the man she had seen in waiting room 3 is on the phone, watching them from a window above. He tells the unknown person on the other end of the line, "They are leaving now."

1:59 P.M.

Much to the shock of everyone, Palmer comes unannounced to CTU. He asks to speak to Jack Bauer.

 

2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.

2:00 P.M.

On Ryan Chappelle's orders, Tony tries keeps Palmer from Jack. Milo informs Tony that the third shooter's name is Alexis Drazen, and that he stopped in Washington, DC on his way to Los Angeles.

 

2:04 P.M.

In the car on the way to the safe house, Nina explains to Teri and Kim that they are being taken to a secure environment. Kim asks her mother about the doctor's prognosis regarding her persistent abdominal pains. Kim is still worried that the rape is the cause. Teri assures Kim that it was only a cyst and that she is fine.

Alberta Green continues to question Jack. When she tells him that Teri and Kim were transferred from the clinic to a safe house, he becomes angry at not being alerted to this. Jack refuses to say another word until he can speak to Teri and Kim.

Palmer's campaign aide, Elizabeth Nash, is in bed with her lover, Alexis Drazen. She reveals to him that she has to go with Palmer to Nevada. While Elizabeth is in the shower, Alexis secretly reads her travel itinerary.

2:07 P.M.

Still waiting in the lobby of CTU to see Jack, Palmer makes a call to a Defense Department official to ask for help in cutting through the red tape. When Chappelle finally comes down to greet Palmer, he receives a phone call from the Defense official. Chappelle grants Palmer's request to meet with Jack in a secure room.

2:10 P.M.

Jack is brought to Palmer. Palmer immediately accuses Jack of wanting him dead because of a failed mission in Kosovo called Operation Nightfall. Jack makes it clear that the assassins had kidnapped his own family, and all of his actions were an effort to not only save Palmer himself but Teri and Kim as well.

2:16 P.M.

Nina brings Teri and Kim to a suburban house guarded by CTU agents. Hidden in her bathroom, Teri takes the home pregnancy test given to her by the doctor.

2:18 P.M.

Palmer lays out for Jack his history with Victor Drazen. Victor Drazen had been committing atrocities in Kosovo. Palmer, while working on a Senate Appropriations committee, authorized the covert mission Operation Nightfall. The missions objective: kill Victor Drazen. Jack ran the operation in Kosovo. Today marks the two-year anniversary of Operation Nightfall, and it becomes apparent that the people behind this assassination attempt want retaliation for Victor Drazen's death. Palmer and Jack figure out that if the assassins know that they were both involved, then they must also know about another operative involved in the mission, Robert Ellis. Palmer and Jack call Ellis and explain the situation. Ellis immediately gets to work on what the next move will be.

2:21 P.M.

Teri's pregnancy test comes up positive.

2:22 P.M.

Elizabeth Nash gets summoned back to the Palmer hotel suite because the campaign is staying in Los Angeles. She calls Alexis with news that she is not going to Nevada. Alexis briefs his brother, Andre Drazen, about the change in Palmer's travel plans. He verifies that the two other shooters already have their targets in sight. Alexis assures his brother that Palmer will be dead by midnight.

2:25 P.M.

Kim sees the pregnancy test in her mother's bathroom, and Teri confirms that she is pregnant. It's Jack's child of course. Kim is hurt that her parents planned to have another child without telling her. Teri says that it was a surprise. She is just as shocked as Kim.

2:31 P.M.

With Milo's help, Ellis uncovers some data and sends it back to CTU. However, one other file is still mysteriously missing.

2:32 P.M.

Teri decides to call and tell Jack about the pregnancy, but she is unavailable to reach him. Tony promises to give Jack her message. As Nina begins a debriefing session with Teri, Kim slyly grabs Nina's cell phone. She calls Rick. Kim urges him to turn himself in, but Rick is afraid he will be arrested. Kim agrees to cover for him.

2:36 P.M.

Palmer is shocked by the realization that this assassination attempt has nothing to do with his being a black man running for President. It's merely revenge for his and Jack's taking out Victor Drazen. During this fleeting moment of downtime, both Jack and Palmer discuss and reflect their strained family situations.

2:43 P.M.

Milo gives Jack the report from Ellis. The missing file has yet to turn up. As Palmer and Jack read the document, they learn that Victor Drazen's wife and daughter were also killed in Operation Nightfall. They surmise that killing Jack's wife and daughter is a direct payback for the Drazen family's murder. Palmer orders Chappelle to step up protection on Teri and Kim.

2:48 P.M.

As Nina questions her about the events, Teri figures out that Nina was the one that Jack slept with when they separated. Nina tries to explain that Jack realized it was a mistake and ended it. Teri doesn't want to hear any more, and walks out of the room.

2:53 P.M.

Palmer, who needs to get back to the campaign, orders Chappelle to reinstate Jack to his position. Jack asks for a provisional status until the end of the day so that he can help out on the case. After that, Chappelle can arrest him. Palmer confides to Jack that Secret Service wants him to leave the state, but that he wants to stay so that they can flush out Drazen's people. Before he leaves, Palmer apologizes for misjudging Jack.

2:55 P.M.

Kim tells Nina that Rick wasn't really a conspirator in the kidnapping. He was just as surprised by what was happening. Jack informs Nina that they are sending over two more teams of agents because Teri and Kim are at risk. However, he doesn't want Nina to tell the women this. He asks to speak to Teri. Although she left an urgent message with Tony, Teri tells Jack that it is nothing important. After Teri hangs up, Kim asks how her dad reacted to the news about the baby. Teri replies that she didn't tell him.

2:59 P.M.

In the bathroom of the bar, Ellis phones Jack with news that the missing file was deliberately removed. This leads him to believe that it contains information need. Suddenly, a man comes into the restroom and chokes Ellis as he's talking. Jack calls out to Ellis, but Ellis is dead.

 

 

3:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

3:00 P.M.

After the other end of the phone goes silent, Jack calls out for Robert Ellis. In New Orleans, an unseen killer rummages through Ellis' belongings looking for clues. The person then hangs up Ellis' cell phone, disconnecting Jack. Ellis lies dead on the floor of the restroom. At CTU, Milo briefs Jack about the three possible shooters he uncovered. One of them is Alexis, Victor Drazen's son who had been trained in Belgrade's special forces.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth Nash phones her lover, Alexis, with news that Senator Palmer changed his travel plans. The campaign staff is remaining in Los Angeles. They agree to meet at 4:30.

 

3:05 P.M.

Jack phones the safe house to speak to Teri. He had sensed in their last conversation that something was wrong, but when he asks her about it, Teri avoids revealing anything.

3:06 P.M.

Milo forwards the photos of the suspected assassins to the Secret Service, and Agent Pierce shows them to the assembled Palmer campaign team. Elizabeth reacts when she realizes that Alexis is possibly a killer. Palmer goes to her, concerned.

Nina questions Kim about Rick's involvement in the kidnapping, but Kim defends him as a helper to their escape. Although Nina suspects that she has developed Stockholm Syndrome for her kidnapper, Kim claims she does not know where Rick is. Teri finishes her prematurely ended interrogation with Nina, saying that she absolves her of blame for having a relationship with Jack. When Nina suggests that Kim may have developed feelings for Rick, Teri abruptly denies the assessment.

3:10 P.M.

Palmer notifies Jack that Elizabeth Nash had been conducting an intimate relationship with Alexis Drazen, and Jack sends a helicopter to pick her up for questioning. Jack lets Palmer know that he lost contact with Robert Ellis. He assumes that Ellis is dead.

3:15 P.M.

Kim calls Rick, and explains that although Nina is pushing her to confess, she is covering for him. Rick cuts short their conversation when a girl named Melanie enters his room.

Nina once again attempts to glean information from Teri, but Teri is abrasive about the Jack situation. Nina gives up her questioning, and suggests that another agent finish the interrogation with Teri.

Deputy Director George Mason arrives at CTU to tell Jack that he is his new supervisor. Alberta Green was sent to District with Ryan Chapelle. Mason brings up the Drazen connection, and Jack explains that Palmer is a target because he chaired the subcommittee that authorized the mission to kill Victor Drazen. Jack also informs him that Robert Ellis may be dead, and that a member of Palmer's advance team is involved with Alexis Drazen. Mason suggests that they just arrest Alexis, but Jack is insistent that they question Elizabeth Nash first and allow her to help lure in Alexis.

3:20 P.M.

Palmer promises Keith that, although he hasn't been a good father in the past, he will be there for him in the future. Yet when Keith inquires about telling the police the suspicions surrounding George Ferragamo's death, Palmer admits that they have decided to hold off for the time being. Keith jumps to the conclusion that his father is merely putting his campaign ahead of anything else.

3:23 P.M.

Outside the safe house, the man who pretended to be an FBI agent at the clinic phones Andre Drazen. The man, whose name is Jovan Myovic, has killed the CTU agents guarding the safe house. He assures Andre that he will soon get to Teri and Kim.

3:28 P.M.

When Jack tries unsuccessfully to log into his computer, Milo tells him that his security access has been downgraded. Milo hooks him up with a temporary entry onto the network. Jack asks if Milo has noticed anyone acting strangely at CTU. He fears that there is another traitor inside the agency.

3:31 P.M.

Keith angrily talks to Carl on the phone, but agrees to meet him at the Griffith Park Observatory. He enlists his sister Nicole to help him slip out from the Secret Service agents. She creates a diversion, and Keith exits the hotel suite unnoticed.

When Elizabeth Nash arrives at CTU, she tells Mason and Jack that she met Alexis in a bar. Jack brings up the possibility of her planting a tracking device on Alexis, but Elizabeth is uneasy about ever seeing the man again. Yet faced with the prospect of something happening to Senator Palmer, Elizabeth agrees to play the spy for them.

3:36 P.M.

At the safe house, CTU Agent Paulson runs through mug shots with Teri and Kim. He notices that they both exhibit some awkwardness when Eli's face comes up on the screen, but Kim quickly replies that she knows nothing about him. Unbeknownst to them, Jovan Myovic, the shooter, enters the safe house and kills one of the agents.

3:41 P.M.

Agent Paulson continues to debrief the women, but Teri's exhaustion causes her to lose focus. The events of the day, both physical and emotional, are taking their toll on her. Agent Paulson gives them a minute alone, and goes into another room. When he sees that none of the other agents are at their posts, he grows suspicious and hides Teri and Kim in a closet. Paulson trains his gun on Myovic, who comes out with his hands raised. As Paulson approaches Myovic, a second shooter named Mishko appears and grabs Paulson from behind. Myovic picks up his gun, but before he can kill Paulson, he hears a noise. Teri and Kim run to the garage and get in the car. The shooters hear this and go after them, firing as the car pulls away. Paulson gets up and kills Mishko. Myovic shoots Paulson, and then chases Teri and Kim with another car.

At CTU, Milo gives Jack the news that Ellis' body was found. Jack is surprised when Nina arrives back at CTU since he specifically asked her to watch his family. She tells him that there was no reason for her to stay because Teri and Kim are safe.

3:46 P.M.

Myovic follows Teri and Kim into the hills. When she thinks she's lost him, Teri pulls over at the side of a hill. She gets out to look for him, leaving Kim alone in the car. Suddenly, the dirt underneath gives way and the car goes crashing down the cliff. It explodes into flames. Teri watches, horrified at the thought of Kim dying in the crash. She becomes dizzy and faints.

3:52 P.M.

At the Griffith Observatory, Keith angrily attacks Carl, demanding justice for George Ferragamo's death. Carl suggests that a lie to incriminate Keith could surface if he goes public with the truth about Ferragamo. Keith counters with a threat about exposing Carl to the money men behind Palmer's campaign. Then Carl tells him that there is evidence in the Ferragamo fire that will frame Keith for the murder. Carl warns Keith to back off. When Carl leaves, Keith pulls out a tape recorder -- he has taped their whole conversation.

3:55 P.M.

When he can't find the women, Myovic gives up the search. Teri wakes up, dazed. A young woman named Tanya drives up in a car. She asks Teri if she is all right. Teri, however, can't even remember her own name. Tanya offers to give her a ride, and with no other option, Teri accepts.

3:59 P.M.

Near the crash site, Kim wakes up on the side of the hill. She is bruised, but alive. She sees the smoke from the nearby car from which she escaped before it went up into flames. Kim looks around the empty road, and calls out for her mother.

 

4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.

4:00 P.M.

While Kimberly roams the hillside road in search of her mother, Teri is in the car with the motorist who picked her up. Tanya, the woman driving, sees Teri's wedding band and asks about her husband. Suffering from amnesia, Teri has no recollection of being married.

Jack brings Elizabeth Nash back to Palmer's hotel for her arranged meeting with Alexis Drazen. Secret Service Agent Pierce helps Jack secure the building.

 

4:05 P.M.

Teri asks Tanya to pull over when she recognizes a restaurant. Teri wants to wait for the manager of the restaurant in case he can help her, so she tells Tanya to leave. Yet Teri takes her number so she can send her something later. Tanya kindly gives Teri ten dollars for cab fare to the hospital.

4:08 P.M.

Although Elizabeth assures Palmer that she has no hesitation in nabbing Alexis Drazen, he is hesitant to put her in any danger. Jack is confident that her doing so is the only way to stop the assassination attempt. Palmer tells Jack that he will be held personally responsible if anything happens to her.

4:15 P.M.

Kim finds a payphone and dials CTU, looking for Jack. Tony answers, and Kim tells him that the agents at the safe house are dead. Mistrustful of anyone except for her father or Nina, Kim hangs up on Tony without revealing her location.

4:17 P.M.

Tony tells Deputy Director Mason, and he sends a team to check out the safe house. Although Tony wants to notify Jack, Mason stops him with the reasoning that Jack needs to focus on Elizabeth Nash. When the situation is under control, Mason will tell Jack the truth about his family.

4:18 P.M.

Nina doubts whether Elizabeth is able to trap Alexis, but Jack is steadfast in his decision. Jack admits to being worried about Teri and Kim, and Nina promises that they are safely unharmed. Jack questions why Nina didn't finish the debrief, but she gets called away before she can answer.

4:19 P.M.

With nowhere else to turn, Kim calls Rick. She threatens to tell the police about him unless he helps her. He gives her his address in Echo Park, and she calls a taxi.

4:22 P.M.

Keith apologizes to his father because he now knows that Palmer was only protecting him from being accused of George Ferragamo's murder. Keith plays the tape of his conversation with Carl and offers to bring the tape to the police. Palmer asks for Keith's trust, and takes the tape from him.

4:27 P.M.

Alexis informs his brother Andre that, according to Elizabeth Nash, Senator Palmer is remaining in Los Angeles. Andre Drazen becomes suspicious, and orders Alexis to kill Elizabeth when he is through getting information from her.

Jack guarantees Elizabeth that she will be secure and watched at all times while she is with Alexis. He instructs her to place the tracking device in Alexis' wallet. When it is in, Jack will ring her cell phone so that she can make an excuse to leave. If she feels uncomfortable in any way, she is to mutter out loud the phrase, "I hope I'm not getting a cold."

4:31 P.M.

Henry, the restaurant owner, greets Teri by name and asks if Dr. Parslow will be joining her. When Teri explains her situation, Henry offers to call Parslow for help.

4:32 P.M.

Jack senses that something is wrong with Nina, and she confesses that Teri knows about their affair. Jack is upset and blames himself. But before he can get too emotional, he is alerted to Alexis Drazen's arrival at the hotel. The plan is in action.

4:39 P.M.

Jack watches Alexis in the hotel room. Elizabeth comes to him, and Alexis comments that she is somewhat tense. Elizabeth shrugs it off as campaign jitters. Yet when he kisses her, she responds. Alexis goes to pour her a drink, and in the bedroom, Elizabeth inserts the transmitter inside his wallet. However, she has no time to replace it in his jacket, and she must put it in her own pocket. Alexis questions her about the campaign, and Elizabeth remarks about his sudden interest in her work. She then manages to place the wallet back in Alexis' jacket. Alexis then admits that he has fallen in love with her. Jack makes his call to her cell, but Elizabeth ignores it. She coerces Alexis to repeat that he loves her. Jack and Nina watch as Elizabeth goes against their orders and plunges a letter opener into Alexis's stomach. They storm the room with the SWAT team, and try to prevent Alexis from dying.

4:55 P.M.

Kim arrives at Rick's house, and is angrily greeted by his girlfriend, Melanie. Kim tells her that she only wants to search Dan's room to find the people he was with the night before.

4:57 P.M.

Dr. Phil Parslow comes to the restaurant, and Teri remembers his first name. He assures her that everything will be fine.

4:58 P.M.

Mason yells at Jack for mishandling Elizabeth Nash. Their only suspect, Alexis Drazen, has half a chance of surviving. Jack must also explain to Palmer that Elizabeth is now a criminal suspect, and Palmer is angry with Jack for the way the plan unfolded. Suddenly, Alexis' cell phone rings. Jack answers it. A man on the other end of the call instructs him to bring the money to a place called Connie's in Mid-Wilshire. The man says that he will be wearing a red baseball cap.

 

5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.

5:00 P.M.

After Palmer accuses him of endangering Elizabeth Nash, Jack begs the candidate to keep his security at high alert because two other suspects are still at large. Knowing that Alexis Drazen was going to make a payoff to the intercepted caller, Jack has his CTU agents search the room for money. They find a stack of bearer bonds, and Jack goes to California Plaza to meet with the unidentified man.

Tony informs Mason that Teri and Kim are still missing after the CTU agents were killed trying to protect them. Mason again orders Tony not to tell Jack about his family.

Kim and Rick search Dan's room for information that could help her find Teri. Kim realizes that Rick has not let on to his girlfriend, Melanie, that Dan is dead.

5:06 P.M.

Dr. Phil Parslow fills Teri in on the details of her life that she can't remember. He had met her when she separated from Jack. Parslow had wanted more of a relationship, but Teri decided to reconcile with her husband. Although Parslow insists on taking Teri to a hospital, she flatly refuses. He agrees to examine her at the restaurant.

Palmer plays the Carl confession tape for Sherry and Mike Novick. Palmer threatens to leak the tape to the media, but Sherry wants him to destroy it. She believes that it will only hurt Palmer's candidacy. Novick suggests that they keep it under wraps for now. He is certain that Palmer can use it to his advantage once he becomes President. The evidence incriminates some of the most powerful men in the country, and having it over their heads will only prevent them from controlling Palmer.

5:11 P.M.

Jack calls Tony and inquires about his family. Tony quickly hands off the phone to Mason, insisting that he tell Jack the truth. When Jack asks for the number to the safe house, Mason says that the women are sleeping soundly.

5:16 P.M.

In the car on the way to California Plaza, Nina briefs Jack about her conversation with his wife. Because Teri still loves him, Nina encourages Jack to phone her. Jack calls CTU and gets the safe house number.

Mason denies Tony's request for extra manpower to find Teri and Kim. Since Nina is off with Jack and not at CTU, Mason implies that perhaps they are still having an affair. He wonders whether Nina is actually a distraction because she has been with both Jack and Tony.

5:19 P.M.

Palmer explains to Keith the severity his releasing the confession tape to the authorities. Keith is confident that it is the right thing to do because he was so afraid of coming forward about Lyle Gibson's murder a few years ago. Had he told the truth then, he would not be in this predicament. Palmer assures his son that he is there for him.

Andre Drazen calls Jovan Myovic looking for his brother, Alexis. Myovic does not know where Alexis is. Since he still can't find Teri and Kim, Myovic will wait outside the Bauer home.

5:22 P.M.

Kim calls everyone she can think of, but no one has heard from Teri. Melanie insists that Kim leave before Dan's brother, Frank, comes to the house. Rick gives Kim money so that she can take a cab to a safe place. Kim thanks him for his help in saving her, and they kiss. Suddenly, Frank enters and asks where Dan is. Frank, who is looking for his money from his brother, orders Kim to stay until Dan arrives.

5:30 P.M.

As he and Nina set up security for the meeting, Jack learns that an agent named Teddy Hanlin is assigned to be his backup. Hanlin, who blames Jack for arresting his ex-partner for bribes, remarks that he may be worried about target confusion. "I'd hate to take down one of the 'good' guys by mistake," Hanlin says caustically. Jack warns him not to obscure the mission.

Tony is notified of a police report that a now-missing woman matching Teri's description was involved in a traffic accident. He posts an agent to the Bauer house.

5:32 P.M.

Dr. Parslow examines Teri and finds that, although someone has roughed her up, there is no evidence of trauma to her head that would cause amnesia. She tells him that she is having pains in her lower abdomen. For some reason, she knows that she is afraid of going to a hospital and Teri begs Parslow to take her home.

5:36 P.M.

Sherry watches as Palmer gives a manila envelope to campaign manager Patty Brooks. Patty locks the envelope into a safe. Sherry discreetly opens up the safe and sees that the envelope addressed to the District Attorney contains Keith's secret microcassette. When Palmer looks in the safe, Sherry admits to destroying the tape. "It breaks my heart that I was right," Palmer says to his wife. He had planted a phony tape in the safe to see just how far she would go. Sherry says that she would do anything to protect her family. Palmer is furious, and orders Mike Novick to set up a press conference within the hour.

5:45 P.M.

Jack and Nina set up their agents around California Plaza to guard him. As he targets his rifle in position, Teddy Hanlin taunts Jack about the suicide of his partner's wife. Nina calls Mason and explains the problem Hanlin is causing. Mason gets conferenced into the radio and warns Hanlin to bury whatever problem he has with Jack.

5:53 P.M.

As shooter Jovan Myovic waits outside the Bauer house, a CTU agent arrives to check out the grounds. Meanwhile, Dr. Parslow drives Teri towards her home.

5:54 P.M.

Kim and Rick grow fearful of Frank's impending drug deal with the supposed money Dan and Rick would have made from Gaines. Kim tries to plead with Rick to turn his life around. Rick, however, only wants to get through this Frank ordeal without getting caught.

5:55 P.M.

At California Plaza, Jack spots the man in the red baseball cap and acknowledges the briefcase of money he is holding. The man calls Jack "Alexis." Jack has him spell out that the plan is to shut off the power grid for five minutes at 7:30 p.m. Suddenly, the man becomes suspicious of Jack and bolts. Jack chases him, and Hanlin notifies the team that he has a clear shot to clip the fleeing man. Jack warns Hanlin not to shoot, but Hanlin fires anyway. The man's body crashes through a glass railing and falls to the ground. Jack yells at Hanlin for disobeying his orders.

5:59 P.M.

Jovan Myovic, who has murdered the CTU agent guarding the Bauer house, sees Dr. Parslow and Teri arrive.

 

6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.

6:00 P.M.

Jovan Myovic watches as Teri and Dr. Parslow enter the Bauer home. When the house's security alarm sounds, Teri does not know how to turn it off. The alarm company calls, but Teri is unaware of the password. The guards from the company arrive, and Teri pretends to look for her purse to show them ID. She notices photographs of Kim and Jack in the living room. The guards recognize Teri from the photos, and they turn off the alarm for her.

6:05 P.M.

At California Plaza, Nina informs Jack that the man who was receiving the payoff is named Alan Morgan. Although he is now dead, he was supposed to turn off the electricity in one section of the city's power grid. Nina heads back to CTU. Jack gets a call from Palmer, who has uncovered the missing Drazen file from the Pentagon. In it is an address in California city called Saugus. Jack alerts Tony, who finds that the address falls within the grid coordinates that were going to be blacked out. Mason accompanies Jack to Saugus.

6:09 P.M.

Frank is furious that Dan has not yet arrived with his money. When Frank walks out of the room, Kimberly tries to make her escape. Melanie stops her, and Kim blurts out that Dan isn't coming back. Frank overhears this, and Rick is forced to admit that Dan was killed. Frank is concerned that he doesn't have the money for the drug deal. It is too late to call the deal off.

6:15 P.M.

At the dinner table, Sherry gets angry with Keith for causing her family so much pain. Palmer says that they all should accept blame for something. Yet Sherry takes a tougher stance and questions whether Palmer has enough strength to become President. Suddenly, Nicole hyperventilates and struggles for air. She apologizes to her father, saying that everything is her fault.

6:18 P.M.

At CTU, Nina discovers that the address in Saugus is actually a wildlife preserve. She notifies Jack and Mason as they drive toward the location. When Jack mentions that he is happy that his family is safe, Mason become uncomfortable.

Teri searches Kimberly's room for memories, but nothing comes back to her. Dr. Parslow tells Teri that he never met Kim. He says that she had asked Jack to move out because he had become too removed. Parslow had hoped for something between him and Teri, but she was afraid of losing her family. Teri says that she feels comfortable with him now, which may be the reason why she is not scared.

6:22 P.M.

As Frank makes plans for his drug deal, Kim confides to Rick that she wants to make a run for it. Rick warns her not to do so. Frank's friends arrive with a duffel bag full of guns. With no money to lay out, he intends to rob the drug dealers.

6:28 P.M.

After a doctor checks out Nicole, Palmer asks his family for their support in making his announcement. Sherry acts detached from her husband, and she doesn't want to argue about what he plans to do.

6:30 P.M.

Teri rifles through her date book, hoping to jar her memory. Nothing is on the calendar for today. The door bell rings, and Parslow greets his friend, Chris, whom he invited over. Teri is frightened when she sees that Chris has a gun, but Parslow thought that Teri might have needed protection. She realizes that she doesn't really know Parslow or Chris, and she is not sure who she can trust. Parslow assures her that he is only looking out for her best interests, and Teri reluctantly agrees. Meanwhile, Myovic tells Andre Drazen that Teri is in the house, but he is waiting for the right moment to kill her.

6:33 P.M.

In a press conference, Palmer divulges to the media that he misjudged the intentions of some of his Los Angeles campaign backers who acted without Palmer's consent or knowledge in murdering George Ferragamo. Palmer turned over the confession tape to the authorities. He then tells the reporters that Keith will turn himself in and that he will stand by his son. Palmer is convinced that Keith will be deigned innocent. He asks the press to leave his daughter Nicole alone, because this situation does not concern the rape she endured. Meanwhile, Carl watches the press conference with two of the financiers, Tuttle and Jorgensen. Although Carl vows to take care of the situation, Jorgensen says that it is too late.

6:40 P.M.

At CTU, Nina learns that Teri and Kimberly are missing. She becomes angry with Tony for not informing her. She calls Mason and asks why he hasn't yet told Jack about his family. Mason ignores her and covers up his answers so that Jack will not overhear. Knowing that Nina will call Jack directly, Mason asks to borrow Jack's cell phone. Mason turns off the phone's power.

6:43 P.M.

As they walk through the woods toward the address, Jack fills in Mason that Victor Drazen had worked for Milosevic and had masterminded all the ethnic cleansing campaigns in Eastern Europe. Jack's unit killed Drazen and now they are seeking revenge. Jack and Mason stumble upon a brand new power transformer in the middle of the field. Jack then becomes suspicious when he suddenly realizes that this supposed "wildlife preserve" is devoid of water and animals.

6:46 P.M.

The drug dealers arrive at the house, and question Frank to why Kim and Rick are present. Frank brushes them off, and demands the twenty thousand dollars worth of Ecstasy. The dealers see Frank's gun and pull out their own. Suddenly, there is a standoff as Frank's guys appear with their weapons. The dealers drop their guns, and as Frank goes to disarm them, he smashes Rick in his injured shoulder, saying, "All this because you couldn't keep my brother alive."

6:51 P.M.

Nina checks out the local hospitals, looking for anyone that resembles Teri or Kim. Tony assures her that he has an agent at the Bauer house and that he is checking the area near where Kim called from a phone booth.

Frank clocks one of the drug dealers in the nose with his gun. The dealer tells Frank that he has the right to remain silent. He is a cop. Suddenly, a SWAT team bursts through the doors and arrests Frank and his cronies. Kim begs for mercy because she was not part of the drug deal.

6:55 P.M.

Palmer continues his press conference, explaining that he bears full responsibility for not knowing about what was going on. He closes his remarks by asking the public to consider still electing him because he is not the first person in public office to make a mistake. Palmer leaves the podium and sees his son. Keith hugs his father and tells him that he loves him.

At the Bauer house, Teri notices a box and remembers that Kimberly made it for her. She is staring at it when Myovic enters the house and shoots both Chris and Parslow. He demands to know from Teri where her daughter is, but Teri has no idea. As he is about to kill her, a shot rings out and Myovic falls to the ground. The shooter is Tony, and he saves Teri. She cries, and remembers that she lost Kimberly in a car crash.

As Palmer hugs his daughter, Sherry passes him without saying a word.

6:59 P.M.

Jack and Mason follow their handheld GPS to the address, and they are lead into a Saugus field. A helicopter approaches them. Jack is convinced that someone knows they are there.

 

7:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.

7:00 P.M.

After the helicopter departs from the empty wildlife sanctuary, Jack and Mason wander the premises and turn up nothing. Mason is alerted that Alexis Drazen has survived his surgery, and he goes to the hospital to wait for the suspect to awaken. Jack remains at the abandoned field because he knows there must be a reason why the power is going to be turned off. Mason agrees to send back a car for him.

At the Bauer house, Tony quickly loads Teri and the ailing Dr. Parlsow into his truck. Teri is distraught after her breakthrough in remembering what happened to her daughter, but Tony assures Teri that he spoke to Kim and that she is alive. However, Kim wouldn't let on to her location and they don't know where she is. As Tony drives toward CTU, the now calmed Teri tends to Parslow's shoulder wound. Tony calls Nina and fills her in on the situation. She orders him to bring Parslow to a clinic where he will be questioned. Nina sends backup to the Bauer home.

Kim is brought to the police station for booking, along with Rick, Melanie and Frank. Although Kim begs to speak to someone, Melanie tells the cops not to believe Kim's claims. Rick encourages Kim to admit the truth about what has happened to her today. Although he may get in trouble for his part in her kidnapping, Rick is prepared to face the consequences in order to help Kimberly.

Palmer checks in on his daughter, who is relieved at no longer keeping a secret. Sherry comes in, and she is troubled that her husband is giving up on the campaign. Palmer disagrees with her defeatist assumption, believing that the voters could side with him. He then questions her feelings about the doom of their marriage. Sherry leaves without answering him.

7:10 P.M.

As Jack continues to search the vacant sanctuary grounds, security guards watch him from a distance. Jack stumbles upon a stairwell that leads to a locked door, and one of the guards radios this news to Andre Drazen, who is camped in a nearby camouflaged tent. Suddenly, an alarm sounds in the stairwell. A group of guards emerge from the door and shoot Jack with a taser dart. They grab the immobilized Jack and drag him inside.

7:13 P.M.

Jack awakes in a holding cell inside the underground facility. It is a top secret, government detention center. Mark DeSalvo of the Department of Defense questions how Jack found it and why he is there. Jack details the Palmer assassination attempt and clarifies for DeSalvo that someone from the power company was bribed to cut off the facility's electricity at 7:20 p.m. DeSalvo acknowledges that a prisoner is being dropped there at that time, but the prisoner's name is classified. Jack begs DeSalvo to call for backup in the five minutes before the delivery. Until then, Jack asks that the civilians on the premises be issued gear so that it appears to be fully secure. Meanwhile, in the camouflage tent, Andre Drazen readies his armed mercenaries. Although he hasn't heard from his brother Alexis, Andre is sure that the plan will proceed as scheduled.

As the helicopter approaches, Jack, DeSalvo and the men from the facility come out from underground with their weapons raised. The lights from the facility guide the helicopter. Andre Drazen's men see the armed security and wait for the power to be cut off for their ambush. The lights, however, remain lit. A hooded prisoner is led out from the chopper, and Andre tells his men that their plan is still in action. The mercenary in charge tells Andre that it is too dangerous, and Andre reluctantly agrees to abandon the mission. Jack helps lead the prisoner down the stairs and into the facility without opposition.

7:27 P.M.

The cop who made the drug arrest at Rick's place interrogates Kimberly. She doesn't know anything about Frank's drug deal, but provides the name of her father and the fact that she's been kidnapped. The policeman doesn't believe her and takes her to a holding cell. Kim gives him Jack's number at CTU as a last ditch effort.

After nothing goes wrong with the prisoner handoff at the detention facility, DeSalvo questions whether Jack's claims are really on the level. Jack asks to speak to the prisoner, and DeSalvo tells him that approval goes over his head. Jack makes a phone call to Palmer. Meanwhile, Palmer breathes a sigh of relief when exit polls indicate that the public is behind his honesty. He gets a call from Jack asking him to pull strings at Defense to help him gain access to the prisoner.

Jack notices a mounted camera in the facility with its wires threading into a narrow conduit that runs along the ceiling. An idea forms in his mind as he follows the conduit to an observation room with monitors watching every area under the ground. Jack spots the holding cell with the unmasked prisoner. DeSalvo catches Jack in the act and admonishes him for breaching security. Jack realizes that the prisoner is Victor Drazen -- the man he thought he killed two years ago in Kosovo.

7:39 P.M.

Jack elucidates for DeSalvo that he was sent to take out Victor Drazen two years ago, but Victor's wife and daughter were accidentally killed. Now Victor's sons are enacting revenge by going after Jack's family. If Victor escapes, then not only Palmer but also Jack's wife and daughter will remain in jeopardy.

Andre Drazen makes a backup plan, and prepares to blow up the electrical substation for the sector that includes the detention facility. Although it may draw attention to their operation, it will help Andre release his father from prison.

Mason returns to CTU after checking in on Alexis Drazen's health. Nina questions why he didn't inform Jack about his family.

7:45 P.M.

Palmer tells Sherry that he doubts her commitment to him and their marriage. Since he can't trust her anymore, he doesn't know if he can still love her. She is confident that he will never leave her, and vows that she will be his First Lady when he is sworn into office regardless of his feelings toward her.

7:51 P.M.

Kimberly is placed into a group holding cell with a number of female prisoners.

DeSalvo wonders why Victor Drazen is being secretly held if the government had wanted him dead. Jack realizes that perhaps they had wanted the rest of the world to believe he was dead, and Jack was meant to fail on his Kosovo mission. DeSalvo gets a call from his superiors giving Jack permission to interrogate the prisoner. Jack goes into the holding room and explains to Victor Drazen that his wife and daughter were not supposed to be in the Kosovo building that blew up. Jack implores that his own family be reprieved, and threatens that Victor's sons could be killed if they attempt to rescue him. Jack demands that Victor call off the mission. He can do so in the same manner that he has been communicating with his sons all along. DeSalvo, who was watching Jack's interrogation on the monitors, agrees to move Victor. Jack secretly asks DeSalvo to prepare the men and use a way out that is not on the camera schematic.

As Dr. Parslow is taken away by a paramedic, Teri and Tony leave the clinic.

Palmer and Sherry steal a glance amid the campaign celebration.

7:59 P.M.

As Jack, DeSalvo and the guards hustle Victor Drazen down the corridor, the lights in the facility flicker and then fade. "They're here," Victor warns Jack.

 

8:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.

8:00 P.M.

Palmer wins the Super Tuesday Primary election, sweeping California and all eleven other states. Mike Novick is pleased that eighty-three percent of the voters approved of the way Palmer handled the Ferragamo situation.

Melanie is brought into Kim's holding cell. She tries to pick a fight with her, but Kim avoids a confrontation.

When Jack phones Nina, Mason takes the call. Jack explains that the wildlife preserve they were in actually hides an underground detention facility where Victor Drazen is being held. Jack begs for him to send backup because Victor's son Andre is in the midst of a rescue mission. Mason sidesteps approval from Division and orders a field unit there. When Nina asks Mason about Jack, he doesn't give her an answer. Tony brings Teri into CTU. Teri demands to speak to Jack, but Nina fends her off. She won't reveal anything about Jack's current situation.

8:08 P.M.

Jack and DeSalvo lead Victor Drazen down one of the underground hallways. Suddenly, an explosion blasts an entrance. Jack and DeSalvo retreat back into the facility with their prisoner.

8:13 P.M.

Mason is engaged in a bureaucratic phone battle on Jack's behalf when Teri comes into his office. Although he has no news about Kim, he believes that she is safe. The assassin at the safe house asked for her whereabouts. This means that they are looking for her as well. This somewhat eases Teri's concerns.

Campaign manager Patty Brooks puts the finishing touches on Palmer's victory speech. She tells the Senator that she admires him for standing by his principles. Patty is sure that the country will be a better place with him leading it. He is touched by her compliment.

Andre Drazen's team enters the detention hallway to find Jack with his gun trained on Victor. Jack orders them to drop their weapons. They in turn hold DeSalvo at gunpoint, and Jack relents in the standoff. As he releases Victor, Andre shoots DeSalvo anyway. Andre greets his father and tells him that there has been no word from his brother, Alexis. Victor holds Jack accountable for Alexis, and he takes him hostage. He plans to use Jack as a bargaining tool against the CTU units to ensure his escape.

 

8:23 P.M.

Melanie tries to rattle Kim as the other girls in the holding cell watch. She says that Kim gets everything handed to her. Kim turns on Melanie with such sudden ferocity that Melanie is taken aback. Kim threatens that she can handle herself.

8:26 P.M.

Victor confronts Jack about his seeking revenge, but Jack questions where it will end after Victor has killed all his enemies. Andre brings a cell phone with George Mason on the line. Mason tells Victor that he refuses to negotiate with him because he is a terrorist. To prove that Jack is alive, Victor puts him on the phone. Jack quickly tells Mason that there are six men with assault weapons there, and Victor jerks the phone away. Mason says that he will have to talk to his superiors. Mason orders Tony to alert the field unit about what Jack revealed. He then has Nina pull up the layout of the detention facility. Mason asks Nina if she is too emotionally involved to handle the case. She assures him that she can do her job.

After witnessing the near-fight, another girl in the holding cell named Lucy flicks a joint into Melanie's lap. When the officer asks who is smoking pot, Lucy points the finger at Melanie. Kim, however, defends Melanie to the officer. Lucy pushes Kim, and the officer breaks up the tussle. As the officer is removing Lucy from the cell, Melanie tells the woman that she wants to speak to the policeman who arrested her because she is ready to talk about what happened. Melanie is lead out of the cell.

 

8:30 P.M.

Jack realizes that Victor sent a decoy into the blown up building in Kosovo. Since Victor knew he was a target, he put his own family at risk. Victor is full of anguish, and admits that he did not know his family would be there. With Victor's guard down, Jack knocks him to the floor. Yet Andre quickly cold-cocks Jack. Victor tells Jack that on this day he will have to accept his share of the responsibility for the Drazen family's deaths. He orders his son to keep Jack alive. Andre beats Jack senseless.

8:36 P.M.

Patty watches as Palmer memorizes his speech. He feels her looking at him and she becomes embarrassed. She says that he worries about everybody else but no one takes care of him. Patty begins to gently massage his shoulders, but Palmer stops her.

Mason finally gets a hold of CTU Director Ryan Chapelle. Chapelle is angry that Mason didn't rein in Jack. Mason insists that Jack was actually effective, because Victor Drazen's escape would have embarrassed the government. Chapelle, however, asserts that since Victor wasn't officially acknowledged as either being alive or a prisoner, his release would have gone unnoticed. Chapelle demands that Mason immediately end the situation at the facility. Mason reluctantly passes on his marching orders to Nina.

Tony lets Teri know that Kim was found at a local police station. She is being brought to CTU. Teri delivers the good news to Nina, but Nina responds with unhappy information. Jack is being held prisoner by the same group that captured her and Kimberly. Nina consoles the distraught Teri.

Nina listens in as Mason gives orders to the CTU troops descending upon the detention facility. She is alarmed when Mason tells them to apprehend Victor Drazen even if it is at the risk of losing Jack.

The policeman releases Kimberly and offers to drive her to CTU to meet her mother.

Mike Novick urges Palmer to enjoy the spoils of his victory, but Palmer can not let go of his problems with Keith and Sherry. Novick explains that once he is in the White House, anything he wants will be fulfilled so that he can do his job.

The CTU commandos find the bodies of DeSalvo and the facility workers. There is no sign of Jack or Drazen. They may have escaped into an old sewer system, but the tunnel is trapped with laser mines. They will need a half-hour to disarm them. Meanwhile, far from the detention facility, Drazen's troops emerge from underground with Jack in tow. Victor is about to kill Jack, when Jack offers up Alexis in return for his release. Once believing Alexis to be dead, Andre confirms that Jack may be telling the truth. Victor hesitates, but can not take a chance at his son's expense. They allow Jack to live, and load him into the waiting car at the escape point.

 

8:59 P.M.

The policeman drives Kimberly to CTU. She calls her mother, and they are happy to speak to each other. Kim tells her that she is on her way and they hang up. Suddenly, the squad car is smashed by a van. Three masked men speaking Serbian and brandishing assault weapons ambush the car. They grab Kimberly.