Title: The Challenge

Author: SlayerKnight2

Pairing: Jayne/Mal, mentions of Inara/Kaylee

Rating: NC-17

Archive: Yes, in WWOMB and Firefly Slash archive

Summary: My response to Peja's Kiss Challenge. It really got my mind wandering.

Warnings: Explicit sex, language, first-time

Disclaimers: The character of Firefly belong to Joss Whedon and Fox and their people. I don't own them. Wish I did. But I don't.

Notes: Mal's POV

The Challenge
By SlayerKnight2


"If I asked you, would you kiss me on the lips?"

I could tell by the look on his face that he was surprised. We were sitting in the mess hall, alone. I'd always been an insomniac, so when I'd wandered into here to get a late-night snack, I'd been surprised to find him with an open bottle of some kind of strong-smelling liquor. After a few shots, I'd blurted out what had been on my mind for the past week.

I was usually good at holding my liquor but this shit was strong. I wasn't drunk, so to speak, but tipsy was definitely in my vocabulary. He was staring at me as though he expected me to start laughing. Too bad it wasn't a joke.

"Where the hell did that come from?"

His voice still held the deep baritone but the sarcasm was replaced by genuine curiosity. I shrugged, still feeling lightheaded and honest. If only the Alliance knew that a couple shots of liquor could get him to say what was going on in his head, they could have saved both of them a lot of time and energy.

"I heard about it-"

"A week ago." Deadpan tone.

I ignored the interruption. "And I wandered-"

"About me kissing you."

"Yes." I moved my chair closer to him. He didn't move away or closer so I wasn't sure how he was taking it. It was more like he was allowing my presence. That pissed me off but I'd deal later.

"I thought you and the Companion were going at it like space gofers." His eyes kept roving over my face, probably searching for a hint that this was a practical joke. Jayne hated pranks, as he showed Wash when the other man locked his bathroom door shut.

"Rabbits. And Inara likes to keep ... other company." I remembered seeing Kaylee sneak into her room earlier tonight.

I rested my hand on his thigh. I could feel the warmth and strength of his muscles through the material of his pants. He didn't move. But this time gray eyes were focused solely on mine. Damn, he was *allowing* me to do a lot.

I leaned in closer and kissed him. It was a light kiss, our lips barely touching. He didn't respond but when I pulled back he kissed me. Strong hands cupped my face and held me close. It was an oddly tender gesture coming from Jayne.

I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to enter. He kissed like he fought; fiercely and passionately. His hands traveled down my arms to pull me closer. I could *feel* the strength and energy he was holding back, unsure if I could take it. I didn't know if I could, but I wanted him.

My hands grasped handfuls of his shirt as the kiss deepened and it seemed as though he wanted to taste my tonsils. For someone who didn't kiss, he did a damn good job at it. He stood us up and pushed me down onto the table, climbing on top of me. Distantly, I heard the bottle and cups crash on the floor below us.

He weighed more than I did but he didn't smother me. He was moving against me, that strength and weight rubbing against my dick, making me moan into his mouth. He grabbed my hands and held them over my head, holding me immobile. He moved to kiss and suck along my neck. I gasped as he focused on a sweet spot just below my ear.

I ground up against him, feeling his hardness pressing against mine. He released my hands and reached down to undo my pants and his own. His hand rubbed our dicks together, creating an incredible friction. I ran my hands under his shirt and down his back, feeling the strong muscles flex and arch under my touch. He grunted into my neck, losing control as quickly as I was.

He paused before kissing me again as his hand quickened over our dicks. A familiar tightness was growing and my hands pulled frantically at his shirt. Groans and gasps filled the air. I came first, my cries muffled by his mouth as my nerve endings exploded. He followed me, biting my lip. Not enough to break the skin, just so I felt it; felt him. It was a taste of the fire he was holding back.

Jayne rested his head next to mine, panting. The lethargic aftereffect of great sex settled over us. He was dead weight on me but it felt good. His arms rested protectively around me as though he expected me to run away now. This felt really good.

Suddenly, he stood up. We were both sticky but he didn't seem to notice. He offered me a hand and pulled me up. As we adjusted our clothing, he smirked. My curiosity piqued.

"What?"

"You never did ask."

With that he walked out of the mess hall.

"You never asked."


The End.