CHAPTER THREE

Krycek pushed through the door to the bungalow and leaned his head back against the door, sucking in long calming breathes.

"What you do this time?"

Krycek started at the mild question. His glance darted around the room until it finally came to rest on Mulder lying in the middle of the huge bed with his chin propped on a fist watching him.

He pushed off the door, moving toward the bathroom. "Master says you are to help prepare me for tonight. I'm down for a session in the dungeon."

Mulder scrambled up, excitement glittering in his eyes and flushing his skin. "Damn, how'd you wrangle one of those?"

Krycek threw him a dubious glance. "You're sick, Mulder. You know that?" He shrugged, "Ah, well, might be it's for the best. I expect Skinner deserves to get his revenge before he ices me."

"Ices you?"

Krycek leaned in the shower stall, turning the hot water to a temperature that would burn just that little bit past comfort. "You think he plans to kill me tonight?" he asked, tugging his shirt over his head. "Or will he stretch it out a couple sessions?"

"Kill you? What are you babbling about?"

Ignoring Mulder, Krycek fumbled with his belt. "I don't mind dying, you know? Expect it's the cards I'm playing."

Stepping out of his jeans, Krycek took a step toward the shower and scalding water.

"Oh, no you don't." Mulder grabbed his arm, drawing a curious glance.

"Hey...?"

"First," Mulder said, reaching in to better adjust the flow of water. "Master does not like his slaves to do themselves damage. Unless he gives us permission, of course. That means you will not shower in burning water. Second, the master has no intention of killing you. Whatever you've done to earn yourself a bout there, you can be sure he will not push past your limits. Master knows how to measure our levels for enjoying pain."

"I don't enjoy being hurt." Krycek denied.

Mulder snorted. "Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that."

"And besides," Krycek said, his brow puckering. "I'm to be disciplined. Skinner called a meeting of the council to watch him beat the crap out of me."

Chuckling, Mulder asked, "Gonna tell me what you did?"

Krycek glared at him. "I tried to go over the wall."

"Over the wall?" Mulder's laugh started as a soft chuckle, then grew to echo in the small room. "You tried to escape? From Skinner? Why would you do that?"

"That's not all."

Mulder leaned forward, his brown eyes glowing with curiosity. "What else?"

I kissed another man." Krycek added.

That sobered Mulder. "You what?"

"I kissed Blair Sandburg."

"Why?"

Krycek shrugged. "I wanted to."

"Again, why?"

Krycek lifted a brow. "Why? What are you? Blind? Sandburg is young. He's beautiful. And I sure as hell think the guy is willing to give me a wild ride if I can get him away from the big cop."

Mulder leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms. "You know what I think? I think you like seeing how much trouble you can get into and stay walking. Master isn't going to like...."

"Master," Krycek sneered, leaping at him with eyes blazing. "I don't give a damn what Skinner likes. I didn't come into this...this nightmare looking to end up as a free fuck for the two men who have been trying to kill me for I don't even want to think how long. What'd you two do, dream this up so you could grab me. Save you the effort of having to track me down before you can get a good work out using me as a punching bag. That's it, isn't it? You think I'm just going to lie back and take everything then smile and say thank you?"

"That's enough." Mulder's leg swung, taking Krycek down and landing hard on the struggling man. Krycek whuffed as the air was battered out of his lungs and lie dazed under Mulder.

Grabbing a slow moving, but still struggling Krycek by an arm, Mulder slapped off the shower and man-handled Krycek out of the bathroom and across the bedroom, throwing him down on the bed. Acting quickly, he secured Krycek's arms to the bedposts with the leather straps that were permanent parts of the bed.

As he was tightening the cinch on the last ankle strap, Krycek shook his head to clear the muzzies only to discover the extreme danger of his situation.

He jerked at the leather cuffs. Mulder had cinched him in with less than a fourth of an inch play. He kicked his legs, finding them held down just as tightly. That play vanished when Mulder thrust a pillow under his hips.

"Let me out of this contraption, Mulder," Krycek blustered, squirming against his bonds. "If you think this is funny..."

"Funny?" Mulder stilled him by crawling up Krycek's nude body until he laid full-length on the horrified man. "I'm thinking this is far from funny, sweet." He leaned down, nipping sharply at Krycek's earlobe. "I've got a big one for ya, Kryyyyycek." His lips traced Krycek's jawline, zeroing in on his pale lips.

Krycek turned his head before Mulder could make contact.

Mulder laved the cheek Krycek had forfeit with slow cat swipes of his tongue.

"Don't..." Krycek whispered, the word strangely broken and breathless at the same time.

"Come on, Krycek," Mulder murmured, lapping the other man's shoulder. "You act like a blushing virgin, for Christ's sake. If I didn't know better...."

Krycek shuddered, turning his face deeper into the pillows.

"My god," Mulder whispered, staring down at him. "You are, aren't you?"

Dark lashes fluttering against pale cheeks was his only response.

"Ah, come on, you're playing me," Mulder said through a soft chuckle. "You were the one to make the first moves. You kissed me, for God's sake. And that cop's master, too, for that. You said so."

Krycek's lips moved silently. He shook his head, his eyes closed, lashes quivering.

"Alex, look at me."

Krycek cringed under the firm command.

"I said look at me."

He shuddered, closing his eyes tighter.

Mulder leaned down to whisper. "If you don't look at me, I'm going to hurt you until you do." He pushed onto his side next to Krycek and his fingers closed around Krycek's vulnerable cock, squeezing just enough to let Krycek taste exactly what kind of hurt he risked.

Krycek whimpered as the fingers continued to tighten but kept his head turned, his eyes closed.

Mulder squeezed harder, his nails digging into the soft flesh.

"No." Krycek bucked under the cruel grasp, trying to dislodge the agonizing nails. "Stop, God, please, stop...."

"All you have to do is open your eyes and look at me... Alex."

The bound man shuddered. His lashes quivered then slowly, like molasses running uphill, raised. Pools of green terror met hazel. "Do anything you want. Beat me. Pulverize me. Cut me to shreds, I don't care," Krycek said softly. "Just.... don't do this to me."

Chuckling, Mulder's cruel grasp became a soothing caress that had Krycek groaning despite himself.

"Well, now," Mulder nuzzling Krycek's neck, "I would, but I've been wanting you in this position ever since you kissed me, sweet. Besides, I'm under my master's command to prepare you for tonight. You delivered the message, remember?" He tongued Krycek's nipple for a moment before sharp teeth nipped vulnerable flesh.

Krycek jerked in his bindings, frenzied for freedom.

Mulder laughed softly. "You can't break the bonds, Alex. I tested them before you arrived."

"Mulder," Krycek rasped, his breath speeding out of control. "Listen to me...."

"Relax, Alex." Mulder cooed, making soothing circles on the frantic man's chest. "It's only sex."

"Mulder," Krycek gasped, "Mulder, I dont want this. Come on, guy, be a pal. Let me go."

The slap came from out of nowhere, making Krycek's ears ring.

"You are a slave, Krycek. You have no will other than what the master permits."

Another slap spun stars behind Krycek's eyes.

"You were right about one thing, Alex. Master made the deal for you because I wanted you. That makes you the slave of a slave. In the food chain, that would make you the first to be eaten. In our relationship, I have the right to do anything I want to you. You are my pet, to love or punish as I feel the need. I could snap your neck, Krycek," Mulder's hands squeezed around his throat. "And master would help me dispose of you over the wall."

"Over.....the wall..." His eyes unfocused, Krycek's mouth continued to move wordlessly

"You know what's over the wall, Alex?" Mulder whispered. "Do you?"

Shaking his head, Krycek slipped into a dark corner of his mind.

"I think you're lying." Mulder released the grasp on Krycek's neck and coming back to himself, the man gulped a desperate breath. He forced Krycek to meet his eyes. "You are nothing. A slave. Do you understand, Krycek? I could kill you and no one...No one would care when I throw you over the wall.."

Krycek stared unseeing, or maybe seeing some horror in his mind. "There's nothing there...."

"Yes, you've seen, haven't you, pet? You know what's on the other side." Mulder took his chin in his hand, holding him still for a deep kiss. "So you understand?"

"A set-up...." Krycek nodded. "You....You set this up. You and Skinner."

Mulder cocked his head, a dark brow lifted. "You think an operation like Jareth's would go unnoticed by my department? A temple that appears overnight and disappears just as suddenly?"

"Dis....appears...?"

"That's right, pet. We're not in Kansas anymore. We're in the Temple. That's all that exists here."

"Where.....where is...here?"

Mulder laughed softly. "Nowhere." His head dipped and he scattered kisses over Krycek's chest until his lips fell on a distended nipple. His tongue circled the eagerly reaching bud before he settled to suckle contentedly.

His breath catching in his throat, Krycek arched into his hot mouth.

Mulder grinned meeting his victim's eyes. "You like that, don't you, Alex?

END CHAPTER 3