Title: Surprise

Author/pseudonym: Kathy

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG

Status: New/Complete

Archive: Fine by me.

Feedback: Sure, why not. <G>

E-mail address for feedback: kmiller12000@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: No

Other websites: (Gen stories only)
http://destinies_entwined.tripod.com or
http://destiniesentwined.freeservers.com

Disclaimers: Not mine. They belong to Pet Fly, unfortunately.

Summary: Blair brings home a surprise for Jim.(Yes, I'm lousy at summaries. <G>)

Warnings: None

Surprise
by Kathy

Arriving home after a grueling day, Jim wearily entered the loft. Shutting the door behind him, he leaned against it for several long seconds. Exhaustion threatening to overcome him, Jim closed his eyes in a much needed, although brief, moment of rest. Then, he sighed and pushed away from the door. For a moment he considered taking a shower but, deciding it would require too much effort, he instead went over to assume a rather undignified, but extremely comfortable, sprawl on the couch. Within a few seconds, the sounds of deep breathing, and an occasional snore, filled the previously quiet loft.

Trudging up the stairs, attempting to juggle his backpack, three bags of Chinese take-out and a six-pack of his roommate's favorite beer, an aggravated Blair muttered under his breath. "Least you could've done was get your ass out here and help me, Jim. I know that you can hear me. You're probably up there right now laughing your ass off, aren't you? Yeah, it's just so funny, isn't it? Of all the inconsiderate, rude..." Finally reaching the loft, Blair kicked the door. "Jim, open the door! Jim!" When the door didn't open, he threatened, "If I open this door and you're just sitting on the couch watching TV, you are going to be so sorry."

After some creative juggling, not to mention a whole lot of squirming, Blair was finally able to retrieve his keys from his
pocket. After another loud kick, he opened the loft and walked over to the table. Dumping the food and beer, he threw his backpack on the ground before going over to shut the door. Looking around, trying to locate his roommate, he grinned when he heard a loud snore emanating from the direction of the couch.

Sneaking over to the couch, his grin widened when Jim came into view. Sitting on the coffee table, he studied his sleeping roommate for several seconds. Lying on the couch, face down with one arm hanging over the edge of the couch, Jim was sleeping deeply; occasionally muttering a soft phrase or word.

Grinning, Blair leaned over and whispered, "Jim." Drawing back slightly as Jim snorted and turned to face him, Blair leaned forward and lightly blew on Jim's face.

Reaching up a hand to brush at his face, Jim grumbled briefly before settling back down again.

Laughing, Blair leaned over to place his lips against Jim's ear. "I've got something for you, Jim; something that I know you've
been wanting for a long time. Wake up, Jim."

Cracking open the eye that wasn't pressed against the couch, Jim croaked, "Go 'way."

"But don't you want your surprise? C'mon, Jim, I know that it'll get you up."

Immediately awake and alert, Jim flopped over onto his back. "What did you say?"

"I said that I've got a surprise for you."

"Not that," Jim replied. "The other thing. Something about getting me up."

"I just said that you'll definitely want to get up for this surprise," Blair innocently responded.

"Are you sure?" Jim asked. "'Cause I thought you said something different."

"What else could I have said?"

"I don't know," Jim stated, "that's why I asked you."

"Just sit there and close your eyes," Blair ordered, "and I'll be right back with your surprise. Oh, and no dialing up your senses
either."

"You expect me to just sit here with my eyes closed?" Jim asked. "I don't think so."

"But, Jim," Blair pouted, "you'll really, really like this surprise."

Sitting up, Jim glared at Blair for several seconds before finally relenting and closing his eyes. "Just remember, Sandburg, I'm a cop. I've got a gun and I'm not afraid to use it."

"Those rare times that you can actually manage to keep a hold of it, you mean?" Blair sarcastically asked. Laughing, Blair stood up and started to walk away; freezing in place when he heard Jim's whispered, "Right now, my gun is the last thing that I want to get a hold of." Gulping, Blair continued over to the table.

Returning to the couch, he once again sat down on the coffee table. "Keep your eyes closed."

"I am, Sandburg," Jim grouched. "Can we just get this over with?"

"Yeah," Blair replied. "Okay, now just open your mouth and you'll get a big surprise."

"I know you didn't just say what I think you said," Jim stated. "You want me to do what?"

"Open your mouth," Blair repeated. "C'mon, I've got your surprise right here."

"There's no way I'm opening my mouth, Sandburg," Jim insisted.

"Look, Jim," Blair replied, "I've seen your dates so I know some of the places that mouth of yours has been before. Believe me, this is definitely gonna be a whole lot better."

"Sandburg..."

"Please."

Shaking his head, Jim sighed and opened his mouth. "This had better be good," he mumbled.

"It will be," Blair assured him before leaning forward and placing some food in Jim's mouth.

Closing his mouth, Jim got a brief taste of Blair's fingers before the unique and intoxicating flavor was overwhelmed by the rather pungent tang of the egg roll he had bitten into. Swallowing, he said, "You got Chinese food."

"Your powers of observation never cease to amaze me, Jim," Blair retorted. Smiling, he said, "It's from your favorite restaurant. I also stopped off and got some of that beer you like."

"And what have I done to deserve all of this?"

"Nothing, Jim," Blair softly replied. "Just wanted to do something nice for you is all."

When Blair stood up and turned to walk away, Jim grabbed a hold of his wrist. "Thanks, Chief," he replied in a tone just as soft, "I really appreciate it."

"You just sit here and I'll go fix..." Trailing off when Jim continued to hold onto him, Blair said, "Um... Jim... you wanna let
go? I'm gonna go fix up a couple of plates."

"But you didn't give me my surprise," Jim replied. "You know, the one that was supposed to get me up."

"Jim, the food is your surprise," Blair said. "And you're like up
now."

"Well, I'm awake," Jim stated. "And about the getting up part..." Gently jerking on Blair's arm, Jim pulled Blair down onto his
lap. "You tell me," he growled.

Bringing his face close to Blair's, Jim purred, "Open your mouth, Sandburg, and you'll get a big surprise." Smiling, he then closed the distance between them and pressed his mouth to Blair's.

The End
kmiller12000@yahoo.com