Title: Promises Revisited

#6 in the Father Figure Series

Author: Amethyst

Pairing: none

Warning: DD/CP

Summary: Blair pays the physical penalty for his poor decisions of earlier.

This is the standard disclaimer. They don't belong to me. This story is not intended to violate any copyrights held by Paramount, UPN, or Pet Fly Productions.

This story contains DD/CP. Be warned.

Promises Revisited
By Amethyst

Blair cast a furtive glance at the kitchen clock and mentally calculated how many more minutes he could convincingly stretch dinner. The promise of punishment for his reckless actions and broken promises of earlier in the evening loomed in the very near future. Near, as in as soon as his butt left the kitchen chair it was bound to be in the air over Jim's lap.

A spanking. Jim had promised to tan his butt, but good. Unfortunately for one nervous, young grad student, Jim never broke HIS promises.

This was the first time Blair had had time to anticipate a spanking. Jim had punished him on 3 previous occasions, but each one had been during a sudden tantrum on Blair's part. The spankings had been immediate and unexpected.

Blair was beginning to think he preferred them that way. Waiting for the axe to fall, or the hand, as the case maybe, was sending him toward a panic attack.

Blair played his fork though his salad and took tiny sips from the last of his glass of iced tea. Jim finished off his meal and stood, carrying his dishes to the sink.

Jim looked over at his young companion and let his senses play over the restless form. Cataloging vitals signs and body language, Jim decided to end Blair's charade of eating dinner.

"OK, Junior. I think you've gotten all the mileage out of this meal you're going to. Let's wrap it up and get down to business." Jim lifted Blair's plate from the table and took the fork from his hand, lying it on his plate.

Blair clung desperately to his glass of tea. " I'm not done yet. I'm still thirsty. I'll finish this in a minute." He managed one more tiny sip before the glass disappeared from his hand. Both plate and glass came to rest on the counter by the sink.

Deprived of any objects to occupy his restless hands, Blair rubbed them up and down his jeans trying to quiet their anxious movements.

"Come on, Chief. We talked about this. You said you'd be ready when I was. There's no time like the present. Let's go in to your room. You're going to bed after this and I don't think you're going to want to walk very far to do it." Jim waited for Blair to stand and walked his hesitant guide to his room.

Wide, startled-looking eyes set in a pale young face turned up to meet his gaze. Blair couldn't believe he was willingly walking to his own spanking. 'What was I thinking when I agreed to this?"

Jim rested an arm across Blair's slim shoulders and felt a small shudder past though his frightened charge.

"I'm not ready. Can I take a shower first? I won't feel like it later or in the morning either. I should take one now, before, you know. It'll only take a few minutes. I'll be quick." Blair swallowed hard and his hands nervously tucked stray strands of hair behind his ears. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, unable to contain his growing apprehension. His respiratory rate was increasing and he could feel his pulse pounding in his left temple.

'Too much time to think. Yes, being surprised by a spanking was much better. Note to self---better to throw a tantrum and be surprised then to quietly agree and torture yourself half to death waiting. Big red flag on this one in the memory department. '

Jim gently squeezed the shifting form under his arm and drew Blair close as he moved to sit down on the bed. He needed to move things along before his wayward charge worked himself into a full-blown panic attack. He hated causing Blair any distress or pain, but this was too important to gloss over. Blair was too important. Jim loved the free spirited young man like his own son. Loved him enough to make sure he learned this lesson about self preservation and misplaced trust.

"No shower, Junior. No more stalling. Stand next to me. Right here, Chief." A firm but coaxing tone momentarily calmed his skittish captive.

Jim pulled Blair to his right side as he sat on the side of the small bed in the middle. Jim slid his right hand into the front of Blair's waistband and secured a firm grip. He expected 100% non-compliance with his next command.

Jim's voice switched from gentle coaxing to full authority figure in the space of a heartbeat. "Jeans down, boxers, too." He tightened his grip on Blair's waistband as the expected sudden burst of shocked outrage took control of his roommate. The unsuccessful attempts to dislodge his grip were accompanied by an angry outburst of denial.

"NO WAY, MAN! NO WAY! I am not letting you hit my bare butt. No way. It hurts enough with my pants on. No!" Blair struggled to free himself from Jim's iron grip.

A sharp shake of Jim's right arm unbalanced his captive and terminated his struggles. Both of Blair's hands flew to Jim's wrist and arm to steady himself. Tearful eyes turned to look down into a determined, unwavering stare.

"This is more than just a quick spanking for a childish temper tantrum or a thoughtless decision, Chief. This is about needlessly risking your life. This is about trust and keeping promises. This is a big one, Junior." Jim's stern expression became even more granite-like. " Jeans and boxers down. You can do it or I can do it, but they're coming down. NOW."

Blair's hands moved to his button and fly without conscious thought from their owner. He slowly slid his jeans and boxers down his hips to his thighs. A small involuntary sob of fear and embarrassment escaped as he was pulled down over rock hard thighs. Cool air drifted over his backside causing him to shiver and squirm. A warm hand pushed his T-shirt up his back and rubbed a soothing pattern across his shoulders. A tight band encircled his waist and tucked him firmly against a warm wall of rock.

Blair buried his face in his quilt, grabbing handfuls of fabric on either side of his head. He involuntarily tighten his bottom as the surface beneath him shifted and his unprotected backside lifted slightly higher into the air. A heavy hand rested on his right butt cheek.

"We've talked this problem up one side and down the other, Chief. I really don't think there's much left for me to say. But I want to make sure you remember why we're here and not enjoying a pleasant evening at home. You want to tell why you're getting your butt roasted, Junior?"

Not waiting for an answer, the first smack landed loud and hard. The quivering form in his lap jumped and grunted, shocked by the sudden start of the punishment. Blair's right hand automatically reached back to shield his unprotected backside. His wrist was captured in the tight band of Jim's left hand and tucked closely under his body as Jim's left arm returned to its place around the small waist. Firm steady blows landed heavily against Blair's pale backside.

Jim wanted to make sure the trembling young man in his grasp understood the seriousness of the situation he had put himself in. Blair's safety and well-being were very high on the sentinel's priority list. Unfortunately, they seemed to be last on Blair's list of priorities. This was one lesson Jim was going to be sure that his reckless charge would remember. At least remember every time he tried to sit down for the next several days.

"I asked you a question, young man. Why are you being spanked? I want to know you understand why we're here, Blair."

"F-for breaking my p-promise! For n-not thinking a-about..OWW.. about my safety! OWWW! Jim, please, It hurts!" Breaths came in gasps and gulps.

"Aughhhh!" SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!!! "OOOOOWWWW!"

"It's supposed to hurt, Darwin. It's punishment. It doesn't hurt anywhere near what it's going to though." The assault on his defenseless backside intensified.

Every inch of Blair's bottom met with the hard, measured blows. Each one becoming more painful than the last. Each stinging slap melted into the last, building to a nearly unbearable burning pain. Jim concentrated his efforts on the bottom of the cheeks where thigh meets buttocks, repeatedly landing his slaps in a uniform pattern over the same spot again and again. Sitting would be unpleasant if not impossible for the next day or so and uncomfortable for several days after that.

SMACK!........SMACK!.........SMACK!...........SMACK!...........SMACK!............

"Stop! S-ssstop! Pleeeeease, Jim! Stop! I'm s-sorry.! OOWWWWWWWW!"
Blair could barely grunt out his pleas between gasps for breath and yelps of distress. His legs were kicking at air and he was sobbing uncontrollably into his quilt.

"What else, Chief? What else are you being punished for? The big one, Blair. What else? What got you into trouble in the first place, Junior?"

The steady rhythm continued to rain down on his bare bottom. It was now a deep shade of scarlet and heated poured off it in waves.

"Aaaugh! For t-t-trusting s-s-strangers! F-for trusting people I-I don't k-know! Ow!"
The effort to respond was too much for Blair and he burst into strangled sobs, gasping and straining for each new breath. All struggles had come to end.

Jim landed two very hard smacks to the sit spot and ended the spanking. He began massaging comforting patterns on the shuddering back before him.

"OK, Chief. We're done here. It's over. Sssh. Sssh. Calm down and just breathe. That's the way. Just breathe. Ssssh. " He lifted and turned the sobbing young man and cradled him in his lap protectively.

Jeans were removed and boxers pulled back into place. Fresh sobs and strangled gasps accompanied the gentle return of clothing to the punished backside. A hot and tearful face buried itself in Jim's left shoulder. Small fluttering hands came to rest tightly entwined in Jim's T-shirt and disheveled curly brown locks were tucked securely under a restraining jaw line. Warm bands of steel enclosed Blair's quivering body tightly against Jim's solid mass. Soft words of comfort and reassurance were murmured continuously into the curly hair. A large soothing hand drew familiar patterns on the hunched and shivering shoulders.

"We're done here, Blair. It's over. Sssshhh! Concentrate on taking deep breaths, Chief. Take your time here. Just try to calm down. It's time for you to get some rest."

Convulsive, shuddering sobs gradually changed to hesitant, hiccups and sniffles. "Don't go!" a shaky whisper pleaded between hiccups. The warm embrace tightened and the soothing hand on his back continued its comforting path. Gradually the small form relaxed in Jim's embrace, emitting soft, shallow breaths with infrequent hitches that shook his whole body.

Jim rose and gently deposited his emotionally exhausted young guide on his bed, expertly settling Blair on his stomach. Carefully drawing the bed covers over the sleeping young man, Jim softly ruffled the curly locks and brushed them tenderly off the boy's face. Wiping a massive hand along a tear stained cheek, he bent down and place a kiss on the top of Blair's head.

Jim stood and walked to the doorway. He stood staring down at the most important part of his world. He realized with complete certainty that this small bundle of irrepressible energy was more than part of his world. He was part of himself, a part of his soul, his very being. Life without his young guide was unthinkable. Jim vowed then and there to see to it that Blair was never taken from him. For any reason, least of all, reasons created by the headstrong young guide himself.

"I'm here for the long haul, Chief. I won't go." His voice was a soft whisper, filled with love and determination. " Why do I think this isn't the last time your butt and my hand are going to be discussing things?" The bedroom door closed. Outside a sentinel kept watch over his sleeping heart.

End