TITLE: BLINDSIDED

AUTHOR: MICANDRA

FANDOM: ALIAS SMITH & JONES

PAIRING: HEYES/CURRY

RATING: NC-17, M/M

STATUS: WIP

SERIES: NO

DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS INTENDED.

SUMMARY: HEYES IS HURT, KID COMFORTS.

Blindsided
by Micandra

It was all his fault. It was so stupid. And now he was paying the price. To make matters worse, so was his partner. Heyes sighed as he listened to Kid move around the campsite. Heyes had to give it one more try.

"Kid, you should leave me."

Kid's head shot up and he frowned. /Here we go again./ "Heyes, I ain't leavin' you and that's that."

"I'm just a burden to you like this."

Kid stood up and run his hand through hair, sighing in frustration. He really didn't want to go through this again. He guessed Heyes was scared and need reassuring that he wouldn't abandon him.

Heyes felt Kid kneel behind him as a warm hand settled on his shoulder. "Heyes," Kid said in a warm quiet voice, "You can never be a burden to me." Kid kissed Heyes' neck above the shirt collar. "Besides," Kid said as he kissed up and down Heyes' neck, "we don't know for sure yet if it's permanent."

Heyes squirmed around until he was facing Kid. "And what if it is?"

Kid winced at the defeated tone of Heyes' voice. Kid placed his hands on Heyes' shoulders and gave him a gentle shake. "Heyes, I'm only gonna say this one more time so listen up. Just because you're blind doesn't mean you're helpless. That nimble brain of yours still works as well as that silver tongue. Once the powder burns fade, chances are your sight will come back."

"In the meantime, if a posse shows up, I'll only slow you down."

Kid rolled his eyes. "If, if, if," he repeated in a put upon tone. Heyes, you're impossible."

Heyes smiled in spite of himself. He could just imagine the expression on Kid's face. "I've been told that before."

Kid grinned and chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you have," he breathed just seconds before he pressed his lips against Heyes'.

Kid kept the kiss chaste so Heyes could pull back if he wanted. Heyes' muffled moan was all the encouragement needed for Kid to deepen the kiss.

When they finally came up for air, Heyes leaned his head against Kid's shoulder. "Are you tryin' the distract me?" he asked, trying to sound disgruntled but failing miserably.

Kid laughed. "Yea, is it working?"

This time Heyes didn't try to disguise the humor in his voice. "As always," he said as he move his head slightly so he could suckle Kid's left earlobe.

It was Kid's turn the moan helplessly as Heyes moved on to lick and suck on his neck. When Heyes pressed his tongue behind Kid's earlobe, Kid growled and used his body to push Heyes gently backward.

Heyes didn't break contact as he and Kid went backward. As Kid settled on top of him, Heyes' hands moved to the buttons on Kid's shirt.

Kid pulled his head back out of Heyes' reach. He panted, trying the catch his breath.

Heyes stopped what he was doing when he felt Kid pull away. He frowned, thinking something was wrong. "What's wrong?"

Kid looked down to see the concerned look on Heyes' face. Kid realized that without sight Heyes was at a disadvantage. He reach down to stroke Heyes' cheek. "Nothin's wrong. I just needed to catch my breath."

Heyes relaxed and turn his face so he could kiss Kid's palm. As Heyes nuzzled one hand, Kid's other one was drawing lazy circles on Heyes' chest. Kid sighed heavily as he pulled his hand away from Heyes' talented mouth.

"As much as I'm enjoyin' this, dinner isn't gonna make itself," Kid said, sitting up.

"I want dessert first," Heyes said, propping himself upon his elbows.

Kid chuckled at the leer on Heyes' face. "Food first, dessert later."

"Promise?"

Kid leaned in for a quick kiss. "Oh yea," he moaned

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Dinner was beans and salt pork. Kid would have gone hunting but he didn't want to leave Heyes alone and if Kid thought that Heyes didn't know that, he was fooling himself.

Kid gathered the dirty dishes together and looked about, at a loss at what to next. He really should take the dishes down to the creek a few yards away, but he didn't want leave Heyes. And if he suggested Heyes go with him, Heyes would only use it as another reason for Kid to leave him.

Heyes heard the clanking of dishes followed by silence. Well, it wasn't silent since they were camped under a overhang of rock next to the proverbial babbling brook. And Heyes other senses were rushing to fill the void left by his absent sight. He could even smell the fresh water.

It didn't take that many brain cells to figure out why Kid was silent, a condition unusual for him unless there was a dire need for silence.

"Kid, why don't you go wash those dishes. I'll be fine till you get back."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you'll only be a few yards away. Just announce yourself when you come back or risk being shot."

Kid snorted with laughter. "Heyes, what makes you think you can hit the broad side of a barn when you can't see it?"

"I wouldn't be shooting at a barn. All I have to do is aim at all the noise."

Kid rolled his eyes. "Okay sure shot."

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Kid was in a good mood as he carried the clean dishes back to camp.

"Okay Heyes, here I come. Don't shoot me now."

"Kid, look out!"

Just as he broke into the clearing, he heard the painter scream. The world's biggest painter was perched on the overhang above Heyes. Kid had only a spilt second to take all this in before the cat leapt at him.

Since his hands were full, he couldn't go for his gun. The dishes went one way while Kid went the other. He landed at the base of a tree. As he was drawing his gun, he heard two shots ring out in quick secession.

Heyes was trembling so badly, the gun that he so valiantly held steady for the few precious seconds he needed to squeeze off the two shots, tumbled from his nerveless fingers. Oh god, did he hit the cat or Kid? If the sudden silence was an indicator, possibly he'd hit both.

"Kid?"

No reply.

"Kid?" said in a louder voice.

No reply. /Dammit Kid, don't you dare have let me have killed you. I need you./

"Dammit Kid, answer me!" Heyes screamed, his voice strain by fear.

Kid looked up sharply from where he was staring at the dead cat. His mind still was having trouble accepting the fact that a blind Heyes had killed a large painter and saved his life.

"Kid, please answer me."

"I'm here Heyes. The cat's dead. You killed it," Kid said as he scrambled to Heyes' side.

Heyes took a deep breath and managed to quell some of the trembling when he heard the sweet sound of Kid's soft drawl.

"Are you okay?" Heyes reached out a slightly trembling hand.

"I'm fine thanks to you. Not even a scratch." Kid fell to his knees next to Heyes. Ignoring the outstretched hand and gathered his trembling love in his arms. He could feel Heyes' heart trip hammering.

"I was so scared," Heyes whispered. He held onto Kid with a desperation born of sheer terror.

Kid ran his hands soothingly up and down Heyes' back. It distressed Kid to see his strong partner so upset. "Shh darlin', it's okay. The cat didn't touch me. It's dead. It's over."

Heyes burrowed his head in Kid's shoulder. "I thought I shot you."

Kid blinked, startled. Of all the reasons he could think to explain Heyes' reaction, that one hadn't crossed his mind. /Oh shit. No wonder he's upset. He thought he shot me and I didn't help any standin' there like an idiot. Oh shit./ Kid's arms tightened around Heyes.

"No, no, no. I had already thrown myself to the side when ya shot. Ya didn't come close to hittin' me."

"Why didn't you answer me? Did you hit your head?" Heyes frowned, running his fingers through Kid's hair, searching for lumps.

Kid struggled to surpress a chuckle, knowing it would be taken the wrong way. "No darlin', I didn't hit my head. I was just stunned that ya hit your target not once but twice, all by sound. It took a minute to snap out of it. I'm so sorry, I never meant to scare ya," Kid drew Heyes into a gentle kiss.

Heyes released a deep sigh after they came up for air and touched his forehead to Kid's. "Your okay and that's all that matters."

Suddenly a thought struck Kid. He shifted his grip to Heyes' shoulders and gave them a gentle shake. "Ya could have been killed," Kid said softly.

At Heyes' soft laugh, Kid resisted the urge to slap him upside the head. "It's not funny," Kid growled, forcing a hard edge into his voice. His mind was only too obliging to show him pictures of Heyes dead under the painter's claws.

Heyes immediately became serious. He reach out to stroke Kid's face "No love, it's not funny. But I was in no or very little danger."

"Heyes, ya had the worlds largest painter right above your head. How'd ya figer yourself to be in little or no danger?" Kid ask incredulously.

Heyes smiled as he imagined the total disbelieving look on Kid's face. "Easy. I was just sitting here quietly waiting for you. The breeze was blowing toward me so the cat couldn't smell me, but I could hear it moving about. Beside you were making enough noise to wake the dead."

"And what if ya'd missed and it'd turned on ya?"

The smile on Heyes' face got bigger. "Then you would have saved me."

"If I was still able," Kid mumbled.

Kid cursed himself quite colorfully under his breath as the smile vanished from Heyes' face and he turned away. Or he tried to. Kid had pulled him into a bear hug.

"I'm sorry Heyes. That was a really dumb thing to say. Forgive me?" Heyes was tense within the embrace.

After a few seconds, Heyes collapsed bonelessly against Kid's chest. "Of course I forgive you."

A few minutes later Kid reluctantly pulled away. "I have to dispose of the carcass," he said, getting to his feet.

He only made it half way before Heyes all but tackled him. "Please don't leave yet."

Heyes, I'll be here for as long as ya let me," Kid said gently as he reversed directions, settled himself against the rock wall and pulled his lover into his arms.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Kid held Heyes through the rest of the evening and through the night, moving only to put more wood on the fire and to answer a call of nature. He kept the fire blazing bright, in hopes that would be enough to keep the scavengers at bay. Also the body was upwind, so the smell wasn't too bad.

Heyes woke to strong arms encircling him. When he tried to open his eyes, they refused to cooperate. Panic set in and he tensed.

Shh, darlin', you're alright. I've got ya," a warm, well loved voice breathed in Heyes' ear.

"Kid," Heyes whispered, relaxing a bit. /Kid's here. He'll make things right./ "I can't open my eyes," he said in a tight voice.

/Oh god, please don't make me havta explain what happened. This is hard enough without him tryin' to play the martyr./ Kid's hand rubbed up and down Heyes' arm.

"That's cuz ya have a bandage over your eyes."

Why do...," Heyes began as memory came rushing back. "Oh." He sacked bonelessly in Kid's embrace.

Hey, hey," Kid gently jostled Heyes to get his attention. "None of that. You're gonna be fine."

"Kid..."

"Heyes," Kid interrupted in a low growl, "if you tell me I should leave ya one more time, being blind is gonna be the least of your worries."

Heyes smiled and patted the arm encircling waist. "So you're saying I'm stuck with you?"

"Yep."

Heyes leaned back and laid his head on Kid's shoulder. "I can live with that."

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

After a few minutes, Kid pulled back. "Heyes, ya think ya could make do with hardtack for breakfast?" Kid was anxious to leave the scene of the crime, so to speak.

Heyes, leaning comfortably back against Kid, smiled. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea." He didn't want to stick any longer than necessary.

Kid dropped a quick kiss on Heyes' shoulder as he showed no sign of moving. Kid gently squeezed him. "Ya havta move, ya know"

"Do I havta?"

Kid chuckled at the petulant whine in Heyes' voice. Kid knew his lover had a playful side, but he was still surprised to discover Heyes was still a kid at heart. Kid was amazed that Heyes had kept that quality, having to grow up a fast as he did. Heyes had sacrificed so much so that Kid could have a normal childhood. Well, as normal as a war orphan could get.

"Yeah, ya havta."

"Oh, all right," Heyes grumped as he slid out of Kid's arms.

Kid rewarded him with a swift peck on the cheek. "See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?"

Just get me my breakfast," Heyes groused. The smile on his face was so odds with his tone, Kid laughed as he moved toward his saddlebags.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

After a quick and cold breakfast of jerky and biscuits leftover from yesterday, Kid set about breaking camp. Soon he was leading the horses over to were Heyes sitting. Reaching down, Kid helped Heyes to his feet.

"Maybe we should ride double," Kid suggested, mentally bracing himself for an argument from his proud, independent partner.

Heyes reached out gently and connected with a horse's neck. He absently stroked the horse as he pretended to contemplate the suggestion. They had rode in yesterday with Kid leading him on his horse and he had hated it. Not that he didn't trust Kid, he trusted Kid with his life, he hated the isolated feeling. Heyes wanted nothing more then to have Kid's comforting bulk against him. Not to mention be able to wrap his arms around that lean body...

Heyes mentally shook his head and smiled. There would be plenty of time for that later. They were a couple of days away from the nearest town.

"I think that would be best."

Kid sighed inwardly. He was glad that he didn't have to talk Heyes into it. He knew that Heyes didn't want to be a burden but Kid didn't want push him too far either. A blind Heyes scared Kid and all Kid wanted to do was hold him tight.

"Stand still", Kid commanded as he mounted. He moved his horse over to his partner and reached down to assist Heyes. Heyes ran his free hand down Kid's leg until he found the stirrup. Placing his foot in the stirrup and pulling on Kid, Heyes swung up and settled himself behind Kid.

Gathering both sets of reins, Kid set off at a walk for the nearest town.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Heyes took shameless advantage of his position, nuzzling Kid's shoulder and wantonly teasing him.

Heyes," Kid growled warningly, shifting in the saddle yet again, "I would like to git a few more miles before we stop for a rest."

"What, am I distracting you?" Heyes asked innocently, his hands busy roaming the expanse of Kid's chest.

Kid caught one of the teasing hands and held it still. "Ya really wanna ride by yourself, don'tcha?"

Heyes stiffened and jerked his hand away. "No," he said in a quite voice, "I'll be good."

Kid reached behind him, caught one of Heyes' hands and dragged it around his waist. "Hell Heyes, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it the way it sounded."

Heyes sighed and laid his head on Kid's shoulder. "I know. It's just..." Heyes swallowed and tried again. "It's just...that I'm scared and it's messing with my head."

Kid felt as if a mule had kicked him in the gut. He gently squeezed the hand that he had wrapped around his waist, trying the transmit as much love and strength as he could. He knew how hard it was for Heyes to admit he was scared. "I know Heyes, I know," Kid crooned, "just remember, ya ain't alone. I'll be there for ya."

Heyes smiled and tighten his hold on the other half of his soul. "I know I've been a bit of a pain lately..."

Kid smiled and reached up to pat Heyes' head that was still on his shoulder. Seemed Heyes needed the physical contact as much as Kid. "A bit of a pain lately?" Kid asked with a teasing note in his voice. He chuckled as he said, "Heyes, I got news for ya. You're more than a bit of a pain, you're a royal pain all the time."

Heyes snickered and gently whapped Kid upside the head. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I know I've been a pain lately and I'm sorry." Heyes raised his head and started rubbing circles on Kid's thigh. "I just want you to know how glad I am that you're here and how much I need you. I don't think I could get thought this without you." Heyes voice cracked on the last and he rested his head on Kid's shoulder again like he didn't have the strength to hold it up any more.

Kid blinked hard to clear his eyes. His hand gripped the one on his thigh and guided it up his chest till their joined hands rested over his heart. He was quite for several minutes. He hated when he had to take care of Heyes. Oh, he didn't hate it in the way that he hated, say, seeing a man hurting a child. He just believed it should be the other way around. As much as he like to tease Heyes that he was the only thing keeping Heyes alive, Heyes had done his fair share by keeping Kid's temper from getting him killed.

"Heyes, I promise ya, I'll always be there for ya, no matter what."

Heyes brought his other hand up to cover their joined hands. "I know you will be. I just wanted you to know now in case I forget to say it later."

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Just then the horse stumbled and Heyes pitched forward with a startled yelp. The only thing that kept him from a painful meeting with the ground was his grip on Kid. Heyes' weight hanging from the side almost pulled the horse off it's feet while it was still off balance from the stumble. Heyes thought for a sickening moment he was going to be crushed under the fallen horse until his brain kicked into survival mode. "Let go of me," he yelled as he got his feet under him.

Kid had grabbed Heyes' upper arm when he started to fall. Kid's first thought when he heard Heyes was, 'Are ya nuts!', but then he realized Heyes' weight was threatening to pull the horse over. Kid dropped the reins of the other horse then reluctantly released his hold on his partner.

When Kid released him, gravity took over. Heyes gave a little cry of pain as his foot twisted under him as he landed and he collapsed.

Kid heard Heyes' cry but couldn't spare more then a glance at his fallen lover. /I hope he's not too badly hurt./ The horse stumbled on a few steps before it went down on one knee. It was then Kid decided it was time to vacate the premises. As the horse struggled to it's feet, Kid kicked his feet out the stirrups, swung his long leg over the horse's lowered head and slide off. Freed of the extra weight, the horse quickly righted itself and stood there like nothing had happened.

Heyes heard something hit the ground. "Kid?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Kid said, answering the unspoken question. "You?"

"I think I twisted my ankle. What happened?"

Well, after you dropped to the ground, the horse stumbled on a bit and went to one knee. I decided, since he was as close to the ground as he was gonna git without goin' completely down, to slide off."

"Are the horses okay?" Heyes said from his seat on the ground.

Kid had levered himself off the ground and was looking around for his hat. At Heyes' question, he looked back down the trail and saw Heyes' horse just standing there. He transferred his gaze the his horse, which stood a few feet away and was favoring it's right foreleg.

"Yours is just fine," Kid said, giving up on locating his hat for the time being and plopped down besides Heyes. "Mine, on the other hand, isn't gonna be good for much for acouple days. I'm gonna check your ankle now."

It just twisted," Heyes said, trying to move his leg out of Kid's reach, only succeeding in sending a jolt of pain up his left leg.

Kid saw the grimace on Heyes' face and heard the little grunt of pain. Kid slapped Heyes on the arm but stopped short when Heyes hissed in pain.

"Heyes?"

Heyes breathed deeply and plastered a reassuring smile on his face. If he could have seen his face at the moment, he would have known his smile was anything but reassuring. Every since the blinding, his world had been tilted offkliter. Now he felt his control slipping, his world spinning out of control.

"Heyes?"

I'm fine," Heyes snapped and immediately regretted it. Kid was just trying to help. None of this was Kid's fault.

Heyes reached out and wrapped a hand around Kid's arm, squeezing in mute apology. "The next time we ride double, all we should do is ride double. It's safer that way."

Kid cocked his head while he regarded his partner's words and took in his sheepish grin. "Agreed," Kid said, throwing his head back and howling with laughter.

Heyes grinned to himself before following his love into laughter. /Mission accomplished./

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

It turned out that Heyes had a very bad spain and bruises on his upper arm where Kid had grabbed him to keep him from falling. Kid had insisted that he kiss the bruises better. Heyes didn't complain.

After wrapping Heyes' foot and ankle and kissing the bruises better, Kid took a good look around. Where they were sitting was screened from the path by some bushes and low trees. Kid decided that it was a good spot to camp for the night. He would have preferred to be a little farther from the path but between his lame horse and a lame Heyes, any port in a storm would do.

Heyes sat on his bedroll and listened to Kid set up camp. He sighed. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. Sitting on his bedroll and listening to Kid move around. He sighed again.

Kid was lighting a small fire when he heard Heyes sigh but he was too engrossed in trying to coax the small spark into a flame to pay attention. He had just succeeded in his task and was feeding the flame some of the twigs he had broke off the trees when he heard Heyes sigh again. He looked up and saw the dejected look on Heyes' face.

"What's wrong?" Kid asked. With a glance at the fire, Kid went over and settled himself next his dark haired partner.

Heyes smiled inwardly as he felt the heat of Kid's body wash over him. He shivered in delightful anticipation. His plan was coming together nicely. Kid was so easy sometimes.

Heyes was careful to keep his expression petulant. He turned to Kid with a slight frown on his face. "I never got that dessert I was promised," Heyes said with a whine.

A hugh grin split Kid's face as he recalled just what kind of dessert he had promised Heyes. "If I remember rightly I never said when," Kid said in a low drawl that sent a jolt to Heyes' groin.

Heyes shivered involuntarily. "You said later. Is it later yet?"

Kid was doing some shivering of his own as Heyes' voice dropped a few octaves to a throaty purr.

Heyes chuckled as he felt Kid shift closer to him. He moaned when Kid's hand cupped the back of his head and pulled him into a kiss.

Kid kept leaning back until he was laying on the bedroll with Heyes on top, never once breaking the kiss. Since Kid had laid both bedrolls together, they had room to move. He hope they'd use every inch.

Kid dropped his hand down to Heyes' shirt and proceeded to unfasten it. Kid trailed his lips down the side of Heyes' neck, nipping at the curve where the shoulder meets the neck. Heyes moaned at the duel sensations of Kid suckling at his neck and his hand stroking his chest.

Heyes moaned louder and pressed his hips into Kid. It was Kid's turn to moan as he thrust up against Heyes. With difficulty Heyes pulled back a few inches. Kid protested the loss of contact and tried to follow his lover's lush body. Heyes placed a restraining hand on Kid's chest.

"As much as I'm enjoying this love, I really don't wanna come in my pants," Heyes panted.

It took Kid a minute to decipher Heyes' words. When he did, a look of pure animalistic lust crossed his face, "And is that a problem?" Kid purred while his hands skimmed down Heyes' back and squeezed his buttocks.

Heyes groaned and arched back, pushing his groin into Kid's. "Tease," he managed in a sort of half groaned as Kid slowly ground their cocks together.

"Yes and ya love it."

"Yes dammit! Are you gonna lay there and gloat or can we get on with it," Heyes growled, arousal plainly evident on his face.

Kid chuckled and folded his hands behind his head. Time to pay Heyes back for earlier. "I think I'll lay here and gloat."

Kid watched the shocked disbelief flash across Heyes' face. "Kid!" Heyes said in a strangled moan.

Kid took pity on his red faced lover and pulled him into a devastating kiss. There was a time and place for teasing and this wasn't it. The events of the past few days had strung them out too much. Besides his hard-on was killing him.

While Kid was working on melting his lover's brain, his hands where not idle. Having already unfastened Heyes' shirt, it was a simple matter of slipping it off his shoulders. Kid tossed it aside, being careful to toss it away from the fire. He had already destroyed one of Heyes' shirts that way. Heyes had made him pay for that.

Heyes worked by feel to unfasten Kid's shirt. Since Kid refused to break their lip lock, Heyes had to settle for stroking every inch of silken chest he uncovered. When breathing became an issue, Heyes rolled off of Kid.

"Cloths. Off. Now."

Kid struggled into a sitting position and removed his shirt. He removed his gun belt and placed it at the edge of the bedrolls, just in case. Reaching down to pull off his boots, he looked over and noticed Heyes was propped up on his elbows facing him with his head cocked to one side.

Kid shivered when he realized Heyes was listening to the sound of his movements. He tossed his boots to the side, stood up and quickly removed his pants.

Heyes smiled when he heard the rustle of Kid's pants. His mind called up the image of a naked Kid. Heyes sat up and pulled off his boots and then stopped. He was unsure of where to put his boots.

After Kid divested himself of his pants, he stood watching Heyes. Heyes had a white piece of silk covered his eyes. (Torn from a [clean] woman's undergarment that Kid had somehow acquired. Don't ask.) Kid saw the uncertainty flicker over the portion of face not hidden by the bandage.

Kid reached down and gently pulled the boots out of Heyes' hands. "Allow me," Kid said, placing the boots next to his gun. He pulled Heyes to his feet and unfastened his pants. Kneeling, Kid pulled Heyes' pants off and tossed them aside.

Heyes had steadied himself by placing his hands on Kid's shoulders. Now he moved his hands to caress the silky curls at the nape Kid's neck. Kid moaned and leaned forward and nuzzled the crease where thigh meets groin. Heyes' response was to let his head drop forward and moan.

Kid heard Heyes moan and smiled against Heyes' skin. Kid kissed and licked the crease. Heyes shivered and tighten his hands in his lovers hair. Kid winced a little as the hands pulled a little but he didn't say anything. If Heyes got any indication the he was hurting Kid, he'd stop whatever he was doing. To tell the truth, Kid liked the little bit of pain. Of course, he'd never tell Heyes that. His partner already thought him a bit weird.

Heyes groaned and dropped his hands to Kid's shoulders. He got a gripe on those muscular shoulder's and pulled Kid to his feet. Kid groaned in disappointment but rose to his feet.

When Kid was once again upright, Heyes leaned forward and kissed him.

Heyes kneaded and stroked the cheeks of his love.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Kid shuddered and leaned in to deepen the kiss. When passing out became a possibility, Kid broke the kiss. He ran his hands lightly over Heyes' back.

"What do you want, my Darlin', Kid purred in Heyes' ear.

Heyes' shivered at the deep timbre of Kid's voice. "I want your mouth on my cock and then your cock in my ass," Heyes said as he licked up Kid's neck.

Kid gasp as warmth flooded his body, both from Heyes' tongue and words. Kid grinned wickedly. "So, you wanna suck and fuck. I think I can do that."

Heyes moaned around the earlobe he was suckling and lifted his head. "When I get finished with you, you wont be able to think."

Kid groaned and thrust his hips against Heyes, making him gasp and throw his head back. "Isn't that my line?" Kid finally managed to pant.

Heyes moaned as Kid attacked his neck, licking and sucking. After a few deep breathes, Heyes managed to groan out, "If you don't get a move on I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands." Heyes thrust his hard cock into Kid for emphasis.

Kid growled and gently nipped Heyes on the shoulder. "None of that. I'm running this here show. You'll get what you want but I'll decide when you get it."

Heyes shuddered as Kid's words sent a jolt through his entire body. Kid usually took the lead in their loving and Heyes had soon learned to let him. There were definite benefits. Kid might like to drag out the foreplay till it dang near killed them but, at the end, Heyes definitely knew he was loved. In fact, he was almost loved to death.

Kid blew gently on the flesh he had just nipped before kissing a path down Heyes' chest. Kid dragged his tongue across a nipple, eliciting a groan from Heyes. Heyes buried his hands in Kid's blond curls and arched backwards. Unfortunately that threw them off balance and they both went down, Kid on top of Heyes.

The air left Heyes' lungs when he landed with Kid's not insubstantial weight on top of him. He also saw stars from the back of his head impacting with the ground.

Kid rolled off of Heyes as soon as they landed. Lucky for them, they landed on the bedrolls. "Are ya alright?" Kid asked.

Silence was his only reply.

"Heyes?" Kid called as he levered himself up on his elbow. He looked down on Heyes' lax face and ran gentle fingers through his lover's dark hair. Both of them winced when Kid's questing fingers found the small bump amid the soft strands.

Kid rolled over on his back and looked up at the sky. "Shit."

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Heyes awoke some time later with a splitting headache and no recollection of how he got it. The last he remembered was Kid kissing his chest and then...nothing.

Had they been ambushed? No, he didn't think so. He wasn't tied up. Then again, if they were prisoners, maybe their captors didn't think a blind man needed tying up.

Heyes groaned in frustration. If only he could see. It had be a very bad idea to try and shoot that old flintlock that hadn't been fired in a coon's age. He should have known the chances were good that it would blow up in his face.

Heyes heard footsteps coming toward him, then Kid's concerned voice floated down to him. "Heyes, ya awake?"

Heyes groaned again and placed his hand on the top of his head to prevent it from flying off. He tried to sit up but a hand on his shoulder held him down. Relief flooded through him at Kid's touch. /Kid's here. He'll know what happened./ "What happened?" Heyes asked.

If Heyes had been able to see, he would have seen Kid turn a nice shade of pink. "Umm...you fell and hit your head." Kid, still a little embarrassed by the accident, pulled away.

Heyes frowned. /Well that explains the headache, but why did Kid pulled away? Is he mad at me?/ "Are you mad at me?"

"M...m...mad at you?" Kid sputtered. "Why would *I* be mad at *you* when I caused you to fall."

Heyes had managed to prop himself up on his elbows without his head becoming detached. He groaned as memory finally decided to make an appearance. He felt a warm arm slip around his shoulders. Warm lips caressed his forehead. "Are you okay?" Kid whispered.

Heyes groaned again but for an entirely different reason. "Except for a lingering headache, I'm fine love. It was just a silly accident. No one's fault."

Kid had slide in to sit behind Heyes and now he pushed down on Heyes' shoulders until Heyes had his head resting on Kid's thigh. Kid had got dressed to tend to the fire and horses while he waited for Heyes to come to.

"I should have made you lay down," Kid said, stroking Heyes' hair.

"Could have, would have, should have. It happened. Learn from it. Don't let it happen again. Move on," Heyes said.

Kid chuckled, determined to let it go, they had bigger things to worry about. Besides, now that the initial shock had worn off, it *was* beginning to seem like a silly accident. "Heyes, anybody ever tell you you have a way with words?"

Heyes smiled up at Kid. "I vaguely recall somebody telling me that."

Kid stroked Heyes' forehead above the bandage. Heyes grinned, wrapped his arms around Kid's thigh and squeezed, please that he had managed to head that crisis of conscious off at the pass.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Heyes sniffed the air. Kid watched his lover, bemused. Heyes looked like a big dog tracking down a scent.

"Something smells good."

"Supper," Kid said. Just beans and salt pork again."

Heyes raised his face toward where the sun was shining down on them. "Isn't a little early for supper?"

"I thought, since we missed the midday meal, we'd have a little meal now and save some for later."

Heyes poked Kid playfully in the stomach. "When have you ever had a little meal?"

"Ha, ha," Kid mock growled,

Heyes used Kid to lever himself into a sitting position. "Don't care. I'm starved, I seemed to have missed the midday meal." Heyes made an exaggerated show of looking around. "Where's my pants?"

Kid let out a long suffering sigh and grabbed Heyes' pants. "Here, let me help you."

Heyes hands searched until they came in contact with Kid's. "I can dress myself," he said as grabbed the pants and proceed to stand up and, using Kid's shoulder the help keep his balance, step into them.

Kid rolled his eyes. "They're backwards."

Heyes looked down at him himself, even though he couldn't see anything. "Oh."
Heyes turned head toward where Kid's voice emanated. With a sheepish smile
he mouthed the word help.

Kid chuckled and reached for Heyes. After a brief struggle, with Heyes trying to help but being more of a hindrance, they finally got Heyes pants straighten out.

Kid placed his hands on Heyes' shoulders and pushed him down until he was sitting on the bed roll. "Stay there and I'll bring your supper." Kid mock growled as he walked away.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

After they had eaten and Kid had cleaned the dishes and put them away, Kid set about gathering firewood. The clearing they were camped in was bordered by trees on three sides and the stream on the other. Luckily for Kid, the trees proved enough dry twigs and deadfall for a fire.

Heyes listened to Kid breaking off branches and scuffing though the fallen leaves. It was still early fall so the days were still warm, but chilly when the sun went down.

Heyes shifted restlessly on the blankets he was sitting on. Being unable to see, he was despartely bored. He briefly toyed with the idea of adsking Kid to take him for a walk but quickly forgot about it when his ankle twinged painfully at even the thought.

Kid dropped his armload of firewood next to where the fire still burned with a feeble glow. It only took a few minutes to build it back up. He went over to his saddle bags and reteived the two rabbit skins he had cured in hopes he could get a pair of gloves made for winter as a gift for Heyes. But, for now, they would suit another purpose.

Taking them back to the fire, he spread them on the rocks close to the fire but not too close, he wanted to warm them up not burn them up. After he had them arranged to his satisfaction, he went and sat beside his lover.

Heyes looked up as he heard his friend approach. He plastered what he hoped was a warm smiled on his. /God, my ankle hurts. I wish Kid would just cut it
off and be done with it./ He felt Kid caress the side of his face before Kid knelt down beside him.

Kid placed a chaste kiss on Heyes' lips while he rested his hand on Heyes' thigh. Kid run his hand lightly down Heyes's left leg untill he cane to the top of the bandage. And frowned as he felt the heat of the skin even though his hand rested on the demin clad calf. The spraim was worse then Heyes let on.

"Okay," Kid said, pulling away from Heyes. "Just how bad does it hurt?"

Heyes ran his hand through his hair as he concidered what to say. He could say it didn't hurt as bad as it looked but that was a lie. He knew Kid would be able to see right through it and be hurt by it. He was emotional shaken and could use some coddling.

"Hurts worse than gettin' shot."

"That bad huh?" Kid asked. "There's a few hours 'till the sun sets. Why don't you go down to the stream and soak that ankle."

"Kid if I get wet this late in the day I freeze tonight."

"Heyes, do you really think I'd let you freeze?" Kid asked, gently nipping Heyes' earlobe. "Besides you're only gonna be get your foot wet. And if you're a good lil outlaw you'll get a surprise that will make you feel good."

At the mention of a surprise, Heyes pecked up and a genuine smile crossed his face. "Well, what are you just sittin' there for? Help me to that stream."

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Kid helped Heyes ease down on a rock next to the stream. Heyes sighed in pleasure as he eased his bare and swollen ankle into the water. It did feel good against the hot, tight skin.

Kid smiled at Heyes' bliss filled sigh. He patted Heyes' shoulder. "Now doesn't that feel good?"

Heyes twisted his head so that his bandaged face was facing Kid. He gave Kid a smile that would have sparkled in his eyes if they had been visible. "I gotta admit this does feel good, but I'm more interested in the surprise you said you have for me."

Kid smiled secretly. He knew what kind of surprise Heyes was anticipating but that wasn't the kind of surprise he had in mind. Not that he would deny his beloved that if Heyes felt up to it later.

Kid chuckled softly at his weak pun. Heyes cocked his head at his lover. After a few seconds he shook his head. He had given up tryin' to figure Kid out long ago.

Kid squeezed Heyes' shoulder as he stood up. "I'll go get the supplies and change the bandage on your eyes. I'll be right back."

"I'm not goin' anywhere," Heyes replied dryly.

Kid frowned down at Heyes' dark head briefly before he went over the place where he had dropped their gear. After rummaging around in Heyes' saddlebag, he pull out a tin of medicinal savue. He set that aside and grabbed his saddlebag and pulled at a bit a rag and the ladies undergarment he had swiped off of a clothesline. He tore a strip off of the silky undershirt. He also tore a strip off a soft undershirt of his that had seen better days.

Heyes wiggled his toes the best he could in the cool water. His foot had swollen so much and so fast that it felt like a stuffed sausage. Heyes sigh, apparently it was a worse sprain then they had thought. Getting his boot back on was out of the question for now.

Putting the bag back, Kid went over the the fire to check the rabbit skins. They were warming up nicely. He went over, gathered up the supplies and went over to Heyes. Placing everything on a rock next to Heyes, Kid knelt beside him.

Heyes was so lost in thought that he was startled when a warm hand settled on back. "I'm gonna change your bandage now." Kid's warm voice caressed his ear. Heyes took a deep breath and nodded.

Kid started to unwrap the bandage. "Now, keep your eyes closed at first, then gradually open them."

Once he had the bandage off, Heyes slowly peeled away the soft pad covering his tender eyes. Kid winced inwardly as the red and angry looking skin was revealed. He reached out and lightly brushed his fingers across a red welt.

Heyes sucked in a breath and jerked away. He would have fallen in the stream if Kid hadn't grabbed him around one arm.

"Sorry," Kid said when he had righted Heyes on the rock.

"Now slowly open our eyes."

Heyes let out the breath he had been holding and nodded. He carefully opened his eyes carefully.

Nothing.

"I still can't see," Heyes said in a tight voice.

/Shit, that was a stupid idea. It's still too soon. Now Heyes will try to play the myrter again./ Kid gently pulled Heyes into a gentle embrace. Heyes leaned back and laid his head on Kid's shoulder. "It's only been two days, give it time."

Heyes sighed as Kid ran his hands through Heyes' dark hair. "How long do we wait? What happens if I never get my sight back? You should just dump me in the nearest town and go on with your life," Heyes said.

Kid gasped and his eyes widened in surprise. Then narrowed in anger. /Why, of all the.../ Kid transferred his grip to Heyes' shoulders and shook him. Kid squashed the urge to shake Heyes till his teeth rattled. "Now, you listen to me. And listen good 'cuz I'm running out of ways to say it. I'm am not gonna just dump you and leave. Wild horses couldn't drag me away. And as for 'going on with my life', haven't you realized yet there is no life for me without you in it?" Kid's voice broke on the last sentence and he found himself fighting back tears.

Heyes heard the hurt in Kid's voice and squeezed his eyes shut. /Aw hell. Why do I keep doing that? I need him./ "Kid, I'm sorry. But how long till you start to hate me and resenting having to take care of me?"

/Ah, now we're gifting somewhere./

Kid pulled Heyes back against him and settled his arms around Heyes' waist. "Heyes, you're my friend, partner, lover, the only family I got. I love you." He punctuated his point by dropping a kiss on the dark head resting against his chest. "I'll be by your side taking care of ya until ya get your sight back. You're stuck with me."

Heyes sighed and wiggled back tighter againxt Kid. "I'm glad I'm stuck with you. But I'd rather be stuck to you."

Kid laughed and hugged Heyes. "That can be arranged." He gently jostled Heyes. Let's rebandage your eyes and settle down and take it form there."

Sounds like a plan to me".

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Once Kid had him rebandaged and settled back on the bedrolls, Heyes smiled at where he guessed his caretaker to be. "I'm ready for my surprise."

Kid smiled as he patted Heyes on the thigh. "Allright, I'll be right back," he said as he stood and headed toward the fire.

Heyes frowned, the evidence was stacking up against the surprise he wanted. Now he had no idea what Kid had planned. He just knew he wanted Kid. He desperately wanted to feel Kid inside him, for it didn't happen often. That was what he thought the surprise was.

Kid picked up one of the rabbit skins and found it toasty warm. Heyes was gonna love this. Kid turned and headed back to Heyes, who was a few yards from the fire. /Havta move him closer to the fire later./

Heyes felt Kid kneel down by his feet. /Okay now I'm officially curious./

Kid gently picked up Heyes injured ankle, which was unbound. He placed a whisper soft kissed on the leg above the swelling. Heyes sighed in pleasure at the gentle way kid was handling him.

Kid looked up and smiled. "If you liked that, ya are gonna love this." Keeping his movements slow and easy so as not to startle his partner. Heyes was trusting him totally and he knew that was hard for his independent partner. He wasn't doing anything to betray that trust.

With a gentleness in sharp contrast to his size, Kid wrapped the warmed skin around Heyes' ankle.

Heyes jerked in surprise, hissed as pain shot through his leg and then flat out purred as the heat soothed the bruised flesh.

Kid laid a hand on Heyes' thigh. "Are ya allright? Shit, I'm sorry. I should have warned ya." /Shit. I can't seem to do much of anything without causing him pain./

Heyes placed his hand over Kid's. "I'm fine. Yes, you startled me in the beginning but it feels ssssooooooo good." Heyes purred the last.

Kid smiled at the look of pleasure on Heyes' face. "I've got another rabbit skin warmin' by the fire to replace this one when it gets cold." Kid smiled again, pleased that he had pleased his love.

Heyes reached out and connected with Kid's shoulder. Heyes tugged and Kid got the message that Heyes wanted a kiss. Kid slide up, happy to comply, and pressed his lips to Heyes'.

Heyes' tongue traced the outline of Kid's lips then gently sucked the bottom one. Kid groaned then open his mouth to allow Heyes access. Heyes didn't an engraved invitation. He abandoned the bottom lip and delved into that sweet mouth.

Tongues dueling for control of the kiss, Heyes ran his hands down Kid's back to settle on his ass. Kid sighed in pleasure and let Heyes win. Heyes deepened the kiss, caressing the inside of Kid's mouth with his tongue.

They finally had to part when the need for oxygen got the best of them. They drew back only far enough to draw a breath. Heyes drew Kid's head back so he could nibble an ear. "I believe we have a suck and fuck to get to," Heyes panted in said ear.

Kid shuddered at the rough velvet of Heyes' voice. As much as he was turned on, he couldn't forget his lover was injured and he was the cause. Kid drew back to gaze at Heyes. Even with his eyes covered, Kid could tell his moods. "Are you sure? I don't want to hurt ya."

Heyes growled low in his throat. He grabbed Kid's hand and pressed it against the hot bulge at his groin. "The only way you can hurt me is to leave me in this condition," Heyes ground out.

Kid stroked and squeezed Heyes' cock through his pants. Heyes whimpered and arched into Kid's hand. "Well, if you're sure..."

"Kid, quit teasin' and get on with it," Heyes panted.

It was Kid's turn to moan as Heyes' talented mouth latch on to his neck. Kid's hand fumbled Heyes pants open and drew out the hot length that strained toward his touch. Heyes hissed in pleasure and pressed his face into Kid's neck.

Without out warning, Kid pulled away from Heyes and dropped to his hands and knees. He nuzzled Heyes' cock and lick the crown. He savored the drop of precede that his tongue had sweeped up. Heyes moaned and placed a hand on Kid's head to steady himself.

Kid sucked the head into his mouth and was treated to more pre come. He smiled around his mouthful and sighed in pleasure. He love Heyes' taste. All his tastes. The preliminaries tasted different then the main event.

Heyes jerked slightly as the vibrations from Kid's sigh traveled from is cock up his spine to the top of his head. He made a conscious effort to keep his injured ankle still. Between the heat of the rabbit skin and the mind blowing pleasure of Kid's mouth, Heyes was feeling no pain.

Kid opened his mouth wide and deep throated Heyes.

"Kid!" Heyes hollered and tightened his grip on Kid's head. When he felt Kid wince, he uncurled his hands and patted Kid's head in apology.

Kid smiled when he felt Heyes pat his head. Kid shifted, hoping to take the pressure off his cock. He wanted to last long enough to get to the second part of Heyes request. He shuddered as his pants caressed his cock. He was going to have to speed things up before he came in his pants.

Kid sucked harder and waggled his tongue against the underside of Heyes' cock. A nova exploded behind Heyes' eyes. He felt himself rushing to the point of no return. Kid slide his mouth up as he felt Heyes stiffen, until only the head was still in his mouth.

Heyes whimpered in pleasure as he pulsed out his completion. Kid was there to suck him dry. Kid pulled back and licked his lips. Heyes lay back in a boneless sprawl. Kid let his eyes roam over Heyes sated body and felt his cock jump. "Get those cloths off," Kid hissed out between clenched teeth.

Kid knelt between Heyes' legs to pull the pants the rest of the way off, having only pulled them down far enough to reach his cock before. Kid took the 'skin, which was now cool, and set it aside. Heyes was already shirtless. Kid patted Heyes' leg and stood up. Kid quickly shed his clothes and placed his gun within easy reach.

Heyes leaned back on his elbows and let his legs fall open. He shuddered, imagining Kid's cornflower blue eyes sweeping up and down his body. In fact, Kid was engage in just that activity. As his hot gaze swept the body wantonly spread out at his feet, his cock sat up and took notice.

Kid groan long and low. If he didn't regain a sliver of control, Heyes was gonna be disappointed. Kid looked around and spied the saddlebags. "I need to get something."

"Don't be too long."

Kid practically ran the the saddlebags. He grabbed the suave and ran back to Heyes. Kid dropped to his knees beside Heyes and winced. /Shit, the ground's hard./

Put the suave on the ground within easy reach, Kid leaned forward and placed a kiss on Heyes' chest. "Relax, let me love you." Kid said setting back on his heels.

Heyes smiled at Kid as he dropped flat on his back. "I'm all yours."

"That's right, you are."

Heyes shuddered as his cock took notice of the huskiness in Kid's voice. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," Kid said as he stroked his hand up and down Heyes' chest.

Heyes arched into the touch. Kid leaned forward and licked a flat nipple. Heyes gasped and ran his hands through Kid's golden curls. "Kid, please don't tease."

Kid's cock throbbed at that. "Okay Darlin', hang on a second," Kid said, reaching for the suave.

"Hurry."

Kid fumbled the lid off and coated a finger. He settled himself between Heyes spread legs. Kid slipped his hand down to Heyes' dusky pucker. At first, Kid ran his finger around the edge. Heyes groaned and pressed down on Kid's finger. Kid took the hint and pressed against the opening. Heyes was in no mood to go slow and thrust himself down, impaling himself on Kid's finger.

Both men groaned.

"Don't do that," Kid bit out as Heyes' inner muscles caressed his finger.

Heyes wiggled. "Than don't muck around and get on with it."

Kid pulled his finger out and lubed up two fingers. He pressed in, twisting his fingers as he went, spreading the suave around. He scissored his fingers as Heyes writhed in pleasure.

"Kkkkiiiiiiiddddddd," Heyes groaned.

Kid pulled his fingers out and spread suave on his cock. He hissed in pleasure at the sensation of the cool suave against his ho shaft. /But not as pleasant as joined with Heyes./

Kid placed Heyes legs on his shoulders, opening him further. Kid placed the head at Heyes' entrance. Kid pushed until the head was passed the ring of muscle. There he paused to allow Heyes to adjust to the fullness.

Heyes groaned in frustration at the delay. Didn't Kid know he wanted this so bad, he was feelin' no pain? With a sudden movement, Heyes grabbed Kid's hips and push down while pulling Kid's hips forward.

Kid, unprepared for the sudden movement, groaned and his eyes slipped shut as he felt himself slide fully into heyes. Heyes grunted in satisfaction as he felt Kid's balls against his ass.

Kid paused to enjoy the warm feeling of being inside has lover.

"Move Kid. Now"

Kid grinned at his love's commanding one as he pulled almost all the way out and plunged back in. He alternated his strokes and change the angle till he found Heyes prostate. Heyes groaned in ecstasy and reached for his now fully erect cock. Kid batted his hand away and griped the shaft. "Mine," he growled.

Heyes placed his hands behind his head. "Yours," he agreed.

Kid growled again as he stroked Heyes' cock. Kid sped up his thrust as his hand on Heyes' cock kept pace.

"Harder. Faster." Heyes twisted under Kid's sweat torture.

Kid sped up his thrusts until he was pounding into Heyes. With a low groan, Heyes arched up and came.

With two more powerful thrusts and a loud groan, Kid followed his partner over the edge into bliss.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

Kid gathered his sleeping lover in his arms. Silent tears flowed down his face. /It's so unfair. Why did Heyes shoot that old flintlock after I took him not to? Doesn't he now that I hurt to see him hurt? Of course, he never expected to *get* hurt. Nobody does. But it's a fact of life. I hate to see him hurt./

Heyes felt wetness drip down upon his shoulder. /Damn Kid's cryin. That's...just wrong. Kid should never cry, especially over me./ Heyes feigned sleep, not wanting to embarrass his love. /Why didn't I listen to Kid? This is *all* my fault, now Kid is suffering because of it. As soon as we get to town Kid *is* gonna leave me./

Kid's arms tightened around Heyes slightly. /What will I do if I have to leave him? I'll have to find a job soon. But how can I leave him with strangers? How can I leave him period? I guess I can get Lom or Big Mac to watch him. Then he wouldn't feel so much like he's relying on charity. In fact, Big Mac's ranch is not to far away. Maybe he'll have something for me to do, then I wouldn't have to leave Heyes./ Having a clear plan in mind, Kid's tears dried up and he settled down to sleep.

Heyes felt Kid relax against him. Heyes smiled to himself, Kid had a plan. /God knows I don't *want* Kid to leave him. Maybe his plan will allow us to stay together./ Heyes sighed gently and borrowed deeper into Kid's arms.

Sleep play hide and seek with both men.

AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J AS&J

end part 15



Mic's Hideout
http://micandra.topcities.com/